I'm only in it for the IMAGINEER! 9/28 Dine with an Imagineer COMPLETED!

The crumb cake from MSB sounds pretty good, was it very moist?

I thought it was pretty moist when we were there right at park opening. Not sure how they'd be later on in the day. I definitely think it's worth a try

Great start. Looking forward to more. My ds13 dreams of working for disney one day so very interested in your dining w imagineer review. We have never tried La Cantina but thinking we will have to this year. Nachos look awesome. Cookes of Dublin is at DTD right? We usually go to WPE or EoS but those pics are maybe swaying us to try another new place.

Yes, Cookes of Dublin is in DTD right next to Raglan Road. Actually they are connected. I say give it a try! It's best to go for an early lunch before it gets crazy busy!

I keep seeing amazing pictures of La Cantina and those nachos look wonderful. Can't wait for the rest of your reviews.

Being from San Antonio, I get way to much mexican food :lmao: However I think on the next trip I need to stop by and sample those churros!!!

Brandon and I wanted a little snack so we popped on in to MSB. We decided on the ice cream cookie sandwich. This thing is monstorous and needs to be split by a couple of people at least lol.

You get to pick what type of cookie you want on it. We went with one sugar and one chocolate chip
SAM_0350.jpg

SAM_0351.jpg

I wish I would've taken a picture of us trying to eat this thing. It was quite comical! I will definitely recommend these!

We decided to head to DTD to do some shopping and grab some lunch. We decided on WPE. We went around 11:30am and it wasn't too busy yet. You order your meal then take a seat and they have staff bring you out your meal.

Brandon ordered:
Spaghetti & Meatballs, Tomato-Basil-Garlic Sauce and Fresh Herbs
SAM_0375.jpg

Crystal ordered:
Pepperoni, Sopressata, Toscana Salami and Piquillo Peppers Wood Stone Oven Pizza
SAM_0376.jpg

Brandon and I decided to share once again. It works for us because we both like a little of this and a little of that. WPE has the best spaghetti and meatballs I've ever tasted. The meatballs are not small by any means. They are full of flavor and spices that aren't over powering and the spaghetti is always cooked to a perfect al-dente. The pizza is one of the better pizzas around too. We asked for no peppers and they were easily accomodating. This pizza is quite large. I believe we got 8 slices out of it. So Brandon, myself and my mom all had some. Perfecto!

Mary ordered:
Pennette Chicken Alfredo, Peas, Bacon and Parmesan
SAM_0374.jpg

Mary thought this was good. It has a nice flavor and again, it wasn't overpowering. Her one dislike.....it got cold extremely fast. She had to eat about 3/4 of it cold.

The desserts:
Brandon and Mary ordered:
CRÈME BRÛLÉE
SAM_0377.jpg

They both thought this is excellent creme brulee. I can't comment as neither would let me try it lol. It must've been that good!

Crystal ordered:
Sugar Cookie
SAM_0373.jpg

I was full from my meal and I knew I would be, so I ordered a cookie that I could throw in my bag. I opened it a while later and it was good. I love sugar cookies and it was soft and chewy and fresh tasting.

All three of us love :love: this restaurant and we will always recommend it and will continue to go back. We have one here in Minnesota but I almost think the one in DTD is better.

Stay tuned............Up next, Captain Cooks

I love the photo of you - I think you should have brought your Joe Mauer face with you and taken photos of him at Disney! Oh wait, it's me that does stuff like that! :lmao:

I work at the Mall of America and I'm very bummed out that they just closed the Wolfgang Puck Express here (and by here, I mean that I'm reading this at work!). :rolleyes1 I loved everything I tried there and ate there often. On my most recent trip to Disney I ate at WPE and had the meatball pizza and it was like the best of both worlds!

Great reviews and I can't wait to eat more (I mean read more!!).

I love the photo of you - I think you should have brought your Joe Mauer face with you and taken photos of him at Disney! Oh wait, it's me that does stuff like that! :lmao:

I work at the Mall of America and I'm very bummed out that they just closed the Wolfgang Puck Express here (and by here, I mean that I'm reading this at work!). :rolleyes1 I loved everything I tried there and ate there often. On my most recent trip to Disney I ate at WPE and had the meatball pizza and it was like the best of both worlds!

Great reviews and I can't wait to eat more (I mean read more!!).

I do have a Gardy on-a-stick from this years fair. Hmmmm thoughts :rotfl2:

These desserts- the crem brulee - the ice-cream cookie -the churros (and I don't even like churros!) all look so amazing- you're killing me!!!

Keep reviewing- love the pics!!! :)

We went for an early dinner to Captain Cooks at the Polynesian. We tried this for the first time last year and thought it was great so we headed back with those same thoughts.

Brandon ordered:
Aloha Pork Sandwich - Pulled pork with BBQ sauce, pineapple cole slaw, cheddar cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes, served warm on a pineapple-coconut hoagie roll. Served with Polynesian chips.
SAM_0383.jpg

SAM_0382.jpg

He ordered this without the pineapple coleslaw and without the cucumbers and tomatoes. When he received it, it was the way it came. So we brought it back and it came out a 2nd time the way it came with everything on it. So he decided to just try and eat it. He picked off everything he didn't like and took a bite and gaged. At first I thought he was being the typical kid and was making a mountain out of a molehill so I tried it. When I took a bite I gaged immediatedly. It tasted like ground fish and was down right inedible. I don't know what the meat was, but it wasn't pork.

Crystal ordered:
Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Served on multigrain sunflower bread with cheddar, Swiss, frisee, and tomato. Served with Polynesian chips.
SAM_0381.jpg

I asked for no tomatoes and they were accomodating. This was a bland grilled cheese. Mine at home are better. It was in fact so bland, that I had to dip it in ketchup. The poly chips on the other hand are great.

Mary ordered:
Hawaiian Flatbread: ham, golden pineapple, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan.
SAM_0384.jpg

She thought this was just ok. It wasn't full of flavor and it tasted like it had been sitting out for a while.

The desserts:
Brandon ordered:
Chocolate Brownie
SAM_0378.jpg

Brandon thought this was the best part of his meal. It was huge and he devoured every last drop.

Crystal ordered:
Chocolate Chip Cookie
SAM_0380.jpg

I thought this was a decent cookie. It was soft and moist and fresh tasting.

Mary ordered:
Cupcake
SAM_0379.jpg

Mary loved this cupcake. Thought it was fresh and good and had good flavor.

As you can see from our food pics, they look stale and old and mediocre at best and that's exactly right. Poor Brandon's was so bad he had to go get dinner elsewhere. We decided that we will not be visiting here ever again.

This is getting a bit excessive for us but we went back to MSB a third time for that dang ice cream cookie sandwich. (YES, It's THAT good!) :lmao:

Brandon and I shared this. We went around 9pm and they were out of a lot of items so we got 2 chocolate chip cookies:
SAM_0387.jpg

Mary ordered:
Walnut Brownie
SAM_0388.jpg

Mary thought this was good and she's not a big brownie fan. She said it was moist and fresh and had good flavor.

As you have already seen, we love MSB!

Stay tuned................Up next..... Boulangerie Patisserie

we have not tried the ice cream sandwich a msb yet but had the one in epcot - (fountain view maybe?) i think i know what my ds13 will be wanting this trip :thumbsup2. Are sugar and chic chip the sandwich choices? what about ice cream? can you get chocolate? I figure with 3 trips - you are an expert ;)

we have not tried the ice cream sandwich a msb yet but had the one in epcot - (fountain view maybe?) i think i know what my ds13 will be wanting this trip :thumbsup2. Are sugar and chic chip the sandwich choices? what about ice cream? can you get chocolate? I figure with 3 trips - you are an expert ;)

You can get which every cookie flavors you like. I haven't studied them too hard so I'm not sure what they all have. It was so late when we got this last one, all they had left was chocolate chip. I love sugar and Brandon loves chocolate chip so that works for us. The only flavor of ice cream they have is vanilla bean which is phenomenal btw!!!! Enjoy!

thanks for the info. DS will want choc chip w vanilla so all is good ;)

We went to EPCOT and decided on an early lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie (French Bakery). My mom is obsessed with sandwiches and cakes and what not and has been dying to try this place. Brandon and I grumpily obliged (we didn't want to waste a CS credit on a sandwich). We went around 11:30am. It was getting a little busy but not too bad. We looked in the cases and all they had were ham and cheese or turkey and cheese offerings.

Brandon ordered:
Turkey and Brie on a baguette
SAM_0390.jpg

Brandon thought this was good. He mowed it down. He did however, get sick of the brie after a while and took it off of his sandwich. I didn't get to try this one, the monster had it gulfed down before I had a chance. One thing, they will NOT heat this sandwich for you because of the way brie smells when it's hot.

Crystal ordered:
???????? No idea :rotfl:.
SAM_0389.jpg

This was almost like a ham and cheese pizza on french bread but not really. I have no idea what it's called and I have looked through dozens of websites menus trying to figure it out and didn't come up with a thing. Anyhoo. This had ham and a thick, thick layer of cheese and some red sauce (didn't really taste like pizza sauce). You could eat it cold or have it toasted. I opted to have mine toasted. This thing was amazing! I would go back and order 50 of them. It was cheezy and full of flavor and down right good!

Mary ordered:
Ham & Cheese Croissant
SAM_0391.jpg

Mary opted to have this toasted. She said it was light and flaky and full of flavor. One of the best sandwiches she's ever had.

The desserts:
Brandon ordered:
Creme Brulee
SAM_0393.jpg

He said this was good. He didn't comment on the flavor or the crunchiness of the topping and I didn't try it so I have to leave you hanging with that statement.

Crystal and Mary ordered:
Napoleon
SAM_0392.jpg

These are a little piece of amazing! We each had our own and they were good sized. The cake type layers were crisp, crunchy and buttery. The custard was smooth and had a good vanilla flavor. The top was doused in powdered sugar. They were a little messy but ohhhh were they worth it. On a scale of 1-5 this dessert garners a 10! Amazing!

Brandon and I were plesantly surprised to say the least. We don't have anything negative to say about the food we had. Everything was wonderful! The only downfall about eating here is that you only get a sandwich and dessert. No salad, chips, veggies or anything to go along with your meal. However, I would not count this place out. It is very very good!

Stay tuned...........Up next.... Sassagoula Floatworks

I have never even thought of eating lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie but you just changed my mind. All looks delish!

I have never even thought of eating lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie but you just changed my mind. All looks delish!

I highly recommend it. However, as I've just learned today, don't use CS credits. You can use snack credits to purchase everything we ate. A big DOH to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter