I'm on the "No Gall Bladder Diet"! (Comments welcome)

Tues Nov 11

Breakfast
6 cups coffee w/cream and sugar
Orange Creamsicle yogurt

Snack
Carrots w/lite ranch

Lunch
Ramen and baked tortilla chips
Water

Dinner
1/4lbs hamburger on wheat bread w/mustard
1 serving garlic potatoes
Water

Snack
Baked tortilla chips w/lite ranch
Water
3 bitesize 3Musketeers
1 Funsize 3 Musketeers

Exercise
20 min Yoga/Strength Training
2 sessions Advanced step (about 20 min total I think)
20 min Basic Run Island Lap

I feel like I am failing at this. I'm not losing weight as quickly as I should be. I'm over a month into this..I should've lost that 10 lbs by now.:guilty: And I know why I haven't..it's not because I haven't been exercising. It's because I'm still *bleeping* binging. Every day. NO matter what I do, I can't seem to stop binging. I'm about ready to give up and accept the fact that I'll be fat forever. Goodbye dream of being 140 lbs by next spring..it ain't gonna happen. :sad:

Weds Nov 12

Breakfast
Coffee w/cream and sugar
Yogurt

Snack

Lunch
Leftover cornbread stuffing from the other night
Water

Snack
Funsize chocolates (about 4)
1 mini-Reeses PB cup

Dinner
3/4 Totino's Classic Pepperoni personal pizza
Water

Snack
Banana Smoothie (shared w/DS, about 12 oz)
Baked tortilla chips w/ranch dressing

Exercise
45 min Yoga/Strength training
30 min walking outside
2 Island Laps
2 sessions Advanced step

I went to do my Body Test this morning and according to the Wii Fit, I haven't lost a darn thing. :confused: :eek: :sad: How is that possible? I mean, I didn't exercise over the weekend, unless housecleaning counts. I spent an hour cleaning the kitche on Saturday, and then ANOTHER hour cleaning and vacuuming the rest of the house. Spent at least half an hour yesterday cleaning and vacuuming the living room. So how can I not have lost any more weight since last week? :confused3

It is a Plateau, and it sucks? Not to get personal, and really you do not have to answer, I am just putting this out there - it is "that time of the month". You may just be retaining water as a result. Do not sweat it. If you read my Journal from Friday until now you will see I am in the same boat. It is really frustrating!!

Amy--DS is 4 1/2 and it's hard for him to share sometimes because there's only one of him so he doesn't HAVE to share with anybody.:laughing: But I think teaching him to give back to the community from an early age can't hurt.

DD (almost 4) is the same. She can share other people's things, but not hers. It is really hard to teach her when she is currently an "only" child. At daycare she is great, but get those same kids around her stuff and it is Meltdown City!! I am just firm and patient with her and I try to share with her lots myself. I am with you on the community thing - it is not going to hurt at all!! DD and I usually do the Shoeboxes for Project Christmas Child, but this year I want to do something closer to home. Maybe cleaning out her toys is just the thing.

I've been trying to save on the energy bill by keeping the thermostat lowered during the day. DH and DS aren't home for the most part, and I don't mind putting on a sweater to keep warm. The house I grew up in didn't have central heat/air so it was always freezing in the wintertime. So I don't mind being cold or having to bundle up inside my own house. I've been doing it most of my life.:rotfl:

I HATE BUNDLING UP AT HOME!! I think that at home I should be warm!! :santa: But, I see your point. Great job!! We got a programmable thermostat so DH has it set to warm up for 1 hour in the AM while we get ready and then cool off for the day, then warm up again until bed time and cool off again. He loves it, but last week I came home form work early one day and was FREEZING and one night I could not sleep and got up and FROZE my butt off!! He just laughs and thinks I should stay in bed :confused3

I don't know what we're going to get DS for Christmas. We usually spend about $100 on just him (we don't usually get things for each other) but I don't know if we're going to do that this year or not. And even if we don't, it's not like he won't be getting ANYTHING for Christmas. My MIL and SIL love to spoil the heck out of him, so I know that even if we only get him one or two small things and some new clothes, DMIL and DSIL will have the rest of it taken care of.:woohoo: I know that for myself, I've only asked for a couple of things for Christmas--a pair of Minnie Jane Crocs:upsidedow , Sleeping Beauty and Ratatouille on DVD. I know that we're also probably going to get DS Wall-E on DVD when that comes out later this month. We've been telling him that if he's a good boy, Santa will bring it for him.:thumbsup2

I cannot think of anything I really want this year. We just got a new house and the trip to WDW, so I am OK with not much this year. I have asked my mom for a couple of things from her and dad, but it is funny, from DH I would rather get nothing and save the money for the next trip.

I feel like I am failing at this. I'm not losing weight as quickly as I should be. I'm over a month into this..I should've lost that 10 lbs by now.:guilty: And I know why I haven't..it's not because I haven't been exercising. It's because I'm still *bleeping* binging. Every day. NO matter what I do, I can't seem to stop binging. I'm about ready to give up and accept the fact that I'll be fat forever. Goodbye dream of being 140 lbs by next spring..it ain't gonna happen. :sad:

I am with you 100%!! Normally I would have some encouragement for you, but I am hitting that wall too. It has been almost one month for me (it will be one month on Friday) and I am only at 8.4 lbs. So much for that 10 lbs per month goal. I just know if I do not make it the first month that it will be all downhill form there!!

I binge too (in fact check out my journal about yesterday - I ate my way through the day and am I ever paying for it today!! TUMMY ACHE!!). Why do we do this? It was not emotional because I was with friends and having fun, it was plain social eating. Which is weird because I am usually watching what I eat when I am with others (I feel all eyes are on me).

Basically, I have no big words of encouragement for you today other than, you are not alone!! I hope that helps.

Keep up the excersizing!! You are doing great!!

Thurs Nov 13

Breakfast
Coffee
Key Lime Pie yogurt
3 slices of bacon
2 slices dry toast
I was really craving carbs and bacon this morning. I figured, if I really want it, why fight it?

Snack

Lunch
Cheddarwurst hotdog (1) on a bun w/mustard
Snacksize bag of pretzels
Water

Normally I would eat 2 or 3 hotdogs, but I'm going to see if eating just one will fill me up this time. Sheerly out of curiousity.

Snack
3 funsize Milky Ways

Dinner
Tuna melt sandwich (tuna+pickles+spices+lite mayo+shredded cheddar cheese)
1/2 bag of pretzels (shared with DS)
Water

Snack
1 cup microwave popcorn

Exercise
30 min walking outside

I haven't exercised that much today because I just didn't feel like it. I might play some Wii Tennis after DS goes to bed tonight though. I just didn't want to exercise today. :headache:

Thurs Nov 13

Normally I would eat 2 or 3 hotdogs, but I'm going to see if eating just one will fill me up this time. Sheerly out of curiousity.

Drink lots of water!! And have a piece of fruit for a snack at around 3:00pm or so. You should be good!! Good luck!!

Amy

Fri Nov 14

Breakfast
3 cups coffee w/cream and sugar
Banana Cream Pie yogurt
Water

Lunch
1 Cheddarwurst hotdog
Pretzels
Water

Snack

Dinner
Grilled c hicken
Garlic&Butter rice

Snack

Exercise
30 min walking outside
45 min Yoga+Strength training
1 session Advanced Step
1 session Rhythm Boxing

Also..I weighed myself this morning. I AM DOWN ALMOST A POUND! WOOOHOO!:cool1: :banana:

Sat Nov 15

Breakfast
3 cups coffee
1 pancake w/butter and lite syrup
2 pieces of bacon

Snack

Lunch
Tuna melt
snack size bag pretzels
Water

Snack

Dinner
Tonight's dinner was a test. We went to CiCi's, a local pizza buffet. I had a small garden salad (not many veggie to choose from though. :( So it was mostly lettuce, sliced button mushrooms, green peppers and pickled jalapenos w/lite ranch dressing), only two small slices of pizza (pepperoni and buffalo chix wing :banana: )1 small piece of garlic bread and one small slice of their apple streusal pizza for dessert. I only drank 2 Dr. Peppers and those were mostly ice. So I think that I did fairly well, considering that NORMALLY when we go there, I don't eat a salad at all. I usually eat 6-7 slices of regular pizza and at least 2-3 slices of the apple streusal pizza and have three or four drinks.:woohoo:

Sun NOv 16

Breakfast
2 small cinnamon rolls
Water

Snack

Lunch
Spicy Chicken Ramen
Water

Snack

Dinner
1/2 cup spaghetti w/meat sauce
1 slice bread w/lite butter
2 slices (small) cheddar cheese
God knows how many olives
1 can (12 oz) gingerale
1 can (12 oz) Diet Dr. Pepper
Water
Snack

Exercise
1.5 hrs house cleaning

Monday
Nov 17
Breakfast

Snack
2 slices bacon
2 slices white toast (plain)
Yogurt
Water

I couldn't help it..I was craving meat! :(

Lunch
Cheddarwurst hot dog (ONly one though! :) ) w/lite ranch dressing on white
Water

Snack
4 bitesize chocolates (Marsbars I think)

Dinner
2 Poorman Pizzas (flour tortilla w/spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese and sliced black olives put under the broiler)
Water

Snack
1 Tootsie Roll pop
1 piece of bubble gum

Exercise
5 min Balance games
15 min Yoga
2 sessions advanced step
2 Island Laps (walking)

Hi!! Thank you so much for dropping by my journal. It's great knowing that other people are going through the same thing and SUCCEEDING!! :D

No problem. We all have to help support each other, man.

Tues Nov 18
Breakfast
1 Banana Cream Pie yogurt
Water

Snack

Lunch
Cheddarwurst hotdog w/lite ranch dressing
1 snack size bag baked Lay's potato chips
Water

Snack
1 lg (it's a skinny little stick about 2 in long actually) tootsie roll
Water

Dinner
Quick-n-Dirty Homemade Chicken Pot Pie--OMG SO NOMMY!
Water

Snack
1/2 a cookie sandwich thing..shared it with DS
1 white chocolate w/fudge skull (small)
Bubblegum

Exercise
40 min walk outside
15 min Yoga
10 min Strength
1 Island Lap (8 min)
45 min Wii Tennis

Wed Nov 19

Breakfast
Coffee
Water
Leftover chicken pot pie from the night before

Snack

Lunch
Leftover chicken pot pie from last night
Water

Snack
DumDums watermelon gum sucker

I've found that if I suck on a sucker, I get the same sugar fix I would have gotten from a bunch of pieces of chocolate. So I get my sugar AND it's less calories. WOOHOO! :woohoo:
Dinner
1 cheddarwurst hotdog w/ranch dressing
Baked french fries (small serving) w/lite ranch dressing
Water

Snack
1/2 cup pumpkin pie ice cream

Exercise
30 min walk outside
2 min Balance Games
1 session advanced step
1 session advanced rhythm boxing (10 min)
30 min Free Walk&Run--I walked while catching up on Biggest Loser from last night. During the commercials, I would jog. I don't know if it helped or not but I feel so GROOVY!:hippie:

Thurs Sep 20
Breakfast
3 cups coffee w/cream sugar

Snack

Lunch
Turkey Dinner w/DS--one smallish slice of crap turkey w/equally crap gravy
1 portion of cold mashed potatoes w/gravy
1 small dollop of cornbread stuffing
1 roll
Carton of milk
small slice of pumpkin pie w/faux whip cream

Snack

Dinner
2 bites of grilled chicken
1/2 portion of some garlic skillet potatoes..I just wasn't hungry for dinner :(
Water

Snack
1/2 bag baked Lay's
2 :faint: cheddarwurst dogs w/ranch dressing
Water

Exercise--NONE!
I've been cold and feeling bleh all day so I haven't done anything. :(

Friday Nov 21

Breakfast
6 cups of coffee WHOOO! I was really buzzing there.:lmao:

Snack

Lunch
Spicy Chicken Ramen
Water

Snack

Dinner
3 slices of bacon
2 slices of dry toast
Water

Snack
4 mini chocolates (one bite)
Water

Exercise
30 min free run..er..walk
30 min free step aerobics
1.5 hrs cleaning house

Sat NoV 22

Breakfast
3 slices bacon
2 slices toast
Coffee

Snack

Lunch
Turkey sandwich 1 slice deli turkey on white bread w/lite mayo
Dr. Pepper
Snack
1/2 Pop Tart

Dinner
3/4 Totino's Classic Pepporoni Pizza
Dr. Pepper

Snack

Exercise
Walking around the grocery store (about 2,000 steps)

Sun Nov 23

Breakfast
2 small, lowfat cinnamon rolls
Dr. Pepper

Snack

Lunch
Turkey sandwich w/lite mayo
Baked tortilla chips

Dr. Pepper

Snack

Dinner
3 Tacos (homemade--2 oz shredded beef, lite sour cream, shredded cheese)
1 serving beans
Dr. Pepper

Snack
1/2 of a 100 calorie cupcake (shared w/DS)

Mon Nov 24

Breakfast
3 cups of coffee w/cream and sugar

Snack
Tortilla chips w/lite ranch dressing
Water

Lunch
Tortilla chips w/lite ranch dressing
Water

Snack
1 piece of sugar free gum

Dinner
I made a whole can of Campbell's Heart Selections Chicken/Sausage gumbo, but I wasn't terribly hungry and I only ate about half of that with a couple of big glasses of water

Snack
1/2 of a 100 Calorie Cheese Styrofoam Cake--er..I mean..a Rice Cake:rotfl: pakg I recieved as a sample in the mail (shared with DS)
Water

Exercise
This week is going to be pretty much a wash on exercise. The only time I can really do it is after DS goes to bed and by that point I'm too tired. He doesn't really nap during the day any more, so when he does nap, I'm asleep too. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of things to keep him busy while he's off school this week and I'm running out of ideas! We did a couple of cut-n-paste things this morning, colored a Thanksgiving turkey, wrote in his journal for 15 min, made the world's WORST sugar cookies:eek: , watched TV, made a "Countdown to Christmas" paper chain and he played for 20 min on the computer.

Now what do I do with him? It's been chilly outside lately..to the point where I don't want to go outside AT ALL. Which means we are stuck in the house all day. :faint: I am planning on taking him to the library tomorrow afternoon after his nap (if he takes one) and letting help me clean tomorrow morning. That still leaves Weds, Fri, Sat and Sun wide open with nothing to do. :( Ack.

I wish it was warm enough they could keep the pool open year round. He LOVES to go swimming and he's been begging me to take him swimming but he gets mad when I explain it's too darn cold now.

Hey there!! Just checking in!! I see you are still on you way!! Great job!!

Just a quick question, are you drinking Diet or Regular Dr Pepper. I love my soda too, but I always end up drinking my calories!! Have you tried the Nestea or Crystal Light flavored water packets? These are a life saver for me. The Nestea ones are made with Splenda, and the CL ones have aspertame (I know, but it is 0 calories). Anyway, just and idea!!

Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving this week (Canadians have theirs in October, so we do not get to eat turkey this week :( ) Good luck with your 2 meal dillema!!

Talk to you soon,

Amy

I can't STAND Diet Dr. Pepper..it tastes horrible to me. I've tried the Crystal Light water packet things (DH buys them for work) but that doesn't taste any better. I usually just drink plain water or water with a little apple or lemon juice in it.

Tues Nov 25
Breakfast
1 Poptart
Water

Snack

Lunch
Turkey sandwich
1/2 a sugar cookie
Water

Snack

Dinner
1/2 grilled chicken breast
cheesy scallopped potatoes (ate way too many though :( )
Water

Snack
1/2 of a 100 calorie cupcake (shared with DS)

Wed Nov 26

I can't even remember what I ate today. I think I'm just going to declare this whole week a wash and start over on Sunday, trying to do things right. Oh well...

Next week is a new week. I'll start over then!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter