I'm not sure if this has been addrerssed?

Swamp_Fox

Friendly & Honest Pin Trader
I work in the mail services industry and I thought I would share a few tips concerning mailing stuff in this case pins and other collectibles. First of all there are some delays in the mail due to some post offices being closed for inspection or much stricter screening process. So if you are expecting a LBE or sending one out keep in mind it's slow going in some parts of the country.

Here are some tips that may help prevent a long wait for a LBE:

Always have a return address on your package. A lack of a return address will slow down the time of delivery.

Don't over tape your package that will surely cause delays and raise red flags at the post office which might result in an inspection.

Try not to overstuff the shipping envelope.

Watch your spelling on the envelope that could also raise red flags at the post office.

That's about it for now if I hear anything new I'll post it to this post.

Take Care,

Larry (Swamp Fox)

Hi Larry!
Just wanted to add a suggestion.

When giving out your address for a trade, try to
include your 4 digit "code"
It follows your regular Zip code

EG: 11554-4222

I have found that all my LBE's make it to me
in a nice timely fashion.

Not sure what your # is?
Check your junk mail or magazine labels.

Happy trading!

Kathy

Larry,

Thanks for the mailing tips. I'm participating in the DIS ornament exchange and will be sure to follow your instructions to the *tee.* Matter of fact I think I'll try to ship earlier than the date given to be certain the pkg arrives before the Holiday. :)

Kathy,

I've used my 9-digit zip code too and found it expedites things. :)

Since we are on the subject of mail and LBE's, I have a question....

an LBE was sent to me in late September from Japan, but never arrived. Could it be stuck somewhere at a sorting facility? Where do "lost" packages end up? why aren't they ever found?

Leslie

Leslie,
Sometimes they do show up it just takes a long long long time. I had a trader from Japan mail a pin to me in early May and it just showed up last week. It came to my home inside a baggie the envelope was mangled to shreds. The pin was ok though:D.

May to November???? That means there's hope!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

:D
Leslie

Does that mean NO tape at all on packages? I sometimes use a bit to make sure that the package stays closed..

C. Ann--- Tape can be used but not in excess just a couple of pieces to seal up the openings.

Tinker Kat--- My zip plus postal code is 11204-5205 and believe it or not it does make a difference the four digit code is roughly a breakdown of a particular mail zone which helps route the mail to you faster.

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter