I'm not a soccer person, but just watched the end...

stevenpensacola

<font color=red>Sometimes I sits and thinks, and s
Of the USA Japan match...

Penalty kicks seems like such a lame way to decide a game.

You play for, what two hours, to a tie, and the game is decided on "chance"...if your goalie chooses correctly which way to jump?

I HATE soccer and I watched probably as much as you did and I see why I hate the sport.

I have to say though, the US lost the game, Japan didn't win it. Wambach should have made that goal and won it before the penalty kicks. And then the US penalty kicker, well I cannot believe she hit it over the net? Really, your a professional soccer player?

I HATE soccer and I watched probably as much as you did and I see why I hate the sport.

I have to say though, the US lost the game, Japan didn't win it. Wambach should have made that goal and won it before the penalty kicks. And then the US penalty kicker, well I cannot believe she hit it over the net? Really, your a professional soccer player?

Ehhhh, Wambach didn't lose the game with her missed goal.

The US let Japan score at the end of regular time as well as the end of overtime. Those two goals lost them the game.

What a heartbreaking loss!!!

Of the USA Japan match...

Penalty kicks seems like such a lame way to decide a game.

You play for, what two hours, to a tie, and the game is decided on "chance"...if your goalie chooses correctly which way to jump?
Actually, if you place the kick correctly, the goalie has zero chance of getting to the ball. It's still a stupid way to decide things, but the goalie can't really do anything. It's all on the individual and whether they are going to make a solid kick.

The fact that even the best soccer players in the world make mistakes, miss shots, etc. is what makes soccer such a great sport IMO.

As much as I wanted the U.S. to win, Japan needed it more. They're still dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami.

The fact that even the best soccer players in the world make mistakes, miss shots, etc. is what makes soccer such a great sport IMO.

But mistakes are made in every sport. It's really not just soccer so personally I dont see how that makes just soccer great.

And I think there's a difference between a mistake and completely missing the goal on a shot where you have no one interfearing with you.

As much as I wanted the U.S. to win, Japan needed it more. They're still dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami.

This is very true. The US isn't really a big soccer country except during the World Cups, winning most certainly means more to Japan as a country.

Believe me its very easy to say....be in that position and talk to us then

I think this game was lost because we left our goalie in. If you watch the last goal by Japan in overtime, you can see that her leg goes out before she really even attempts to block the goal. She should have been pulled and replaced. She was clearly not at her best for the penalty kicks. We should not have lost that game, but as PP said, Japan needed this win for their country. Good for them.

Ehhhh, Wambach didn't lose the game with her missed goal.

The US let Japan score at the end of regular time as well as the end of overtime. Those two goals lost them the game.

What a heartbreaking loss!!!

This ^^^

After scoring each goal, the US coach changed the approach of the team, even though she knew that this change played into the strength of the Japanese squad.

Japan deserves credit for taking credit of that idiocy, but the coach of the US squad should apologize to her players.

Your analysis of the game only verifies that you don't follow soccer.

In the 1998 World Cup, Quarterfinal Match, Roberto Baggio of Italy, at the time, arguably the best player in the world, launched one over the net on a penalty kick.

Even the best make mistakes.

But mistakes are made in every sport. It's really not just soccer so personally I dont see how that makes just soccer great.

And I think there's a difference between a mistake and completely missing the goal on a shot where you have no one interfearing with you.

So it wasn't a mistake in your opinion? :confused3 Are you suggesting she did it on purpose?

So it wasn't a mistake in your opinion? :confused3 Are you suggesting she did it on purpose?

No, not at all. And yes it was a mistake but not alittle mistake like I am used to seeing in sports.

But like I said I am not a soccer person and these are the reasons why.

Abby's missed shot came at the end of the second overtime.

The US wouldn't have been in overtime had they not permitted Japan to score at the end of regular time.

Again, Abby's shot isn't what cost them the game.

Abby's missed shot came at the end of the second overtime.

The US wouldn't have been in overtime had they not permitted Japan to score at the end of regular time.

Again, Abby's shot isn't what cost them the game.

I didn't mean to imply that it was why we lost the game. Instead I was trying to say that she should have made it and if she did we would have won.

But you dont know that for sure...and heck we should have made alot of shots the first half but that still doesnt mean we for sure would have won

How is missing that any different than missing a foul shot in basketball. It is a *free* throw, a shot you make thousands of times, no one is guarding you and yet people sometimes miss.

I do not see your point.

Soccer is a team sport and I doubt one person can be the goat. As someone said, the coach made some questionable choices also. It is just how all sports go IMO.

How is missing that any different than missing a foul shot in basketball. It is a *free* throw, a shot you make thousands of times, no one is guarding you and yet people sometimes miss.

I do not see your point.

Soccer is a team sport and I doubt one person can be the goat. As someone said, the coach made some questionable choices also. It is just how all sports go IMO.

I HATE basketball too so that comparision does nothing:lmao:

Look, I shouldn't have said anything just because I am not a soccer person AT ALL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter