• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Hey I made it in the TR :wave:. It was so nice to meet all of you too. How adorable is that picture of Izzie at breakfast, she does look very sleepy. Sorry you had a rough start to the morning, nothing like a little spilt milk to start the day. It looks like you were far back but then moved up quite a bit once you got through the tapstiles:thumbsup2. That's so great you got to meet Julie, she is so sweet. I was fortunate enough to meet her and her daughter later on in the day. Looking forward to hearing how Izzie liked cheese and the Ewok.

It's a RARITY nowadays when I can walk in and wake him up. Only on Disney vacations do I have to wake him up since we stay up so late ::yes::
Yeah, nothing like a Disney trip to knock them out. :thumbsup2

Mmm, looks yummy. This looks like McD's egg McMuffins! I hate to admit it, but I LOVE them:blush:
Haha, I never go to McD's, so it's been YEARS since I had one. However, we used to buy the frozen ones (Jimmy Dean, etc.) and these are SO much better than those. Not that the frozen ones are bad, but these ones just taste so FRESH and much more like "real" food. (And I should mention - my breakfast this morning was a waffle egg ham cheese sandwich - yum!)

:rotfl: She looks so sleepy! But doesn't she know she needs to meet an Ewok and Chewie?!
I think she knew, but was too tired to care at that point. :rotfl:

Now we all know that they run super early ::yes::
Yep! ::yes::

I feel like the lines for DHS are always like this. Even when special events aren't happening.
They can definitely get pretty out of control sometimes. But first day of Star Wars Weekends for sure!

Oh my gosh that sucks! Everything. But the glasses would make me cry. :sad: I have very sensitive eyes so I need my sunglasses at all times while outside.
Yeah, he wasn't too happy about the glasses. He'd gotten them in Hawaii at the Swap Meet. They weren't super expensive or anything, so that was good, but they were the type that fit completely over regular glasses, so they were useful for him. Oops.

:love: She looks very awake and happy now!
Much better!

:laughing: That's cute!
Nothing like a quick walk-by picture. I had no idea someone was bowing to her when I took it. :rotfl:

So a little under an hour? Not too bad right? It will only get worse later on, i'm assuming.:scared:
No, not bad. And the time went fast between all the potty trips and chatting with Ashley. My understanding is that you never find it under an hour later in the day. And you don't always get an Ewok either. So, this was worthwhile. :thumbsup2

Aw, it's amazing how, no matter how crazy they can be during the day how peaceful they look when they are sleeping :goodvibes
Yeah, just makes you forget about all the insanity until they wake up again. :goodvibes

Aw, she does not seem happy about it being morning, at least that morning ... glad to see she seemed to be in a good mood later
It's so funny to look at these pictures now and see how sleepy she looked. I don't even remember her being particularly sleepy, but then again, I probably was too. :rotfl:

That's a great shot! :thumbsup2
Such a different view now!

Wow, just tons of lines everywhere - but I guess just something you have to accept if going all in for SWW
Especially the first day of the first weekend. But, yeah, any SWW day, most likely.

Sorry about the milk event - very frustrating when you think you take extra precautions and still something like that happens. And bummer about Dug's glasses and just everything (I am sure the lines and early hour contributing as well) getting snippy with each other - but that happens a lot at Disney ... and like you said if it wasn't for waiting in a line and not having a lot to look at I am sure people wouldn't have even given it a second notice. Plus they can take a positive message from how brief it was :thumbsup2
Yeah, it was a bad few minutes there. :sad2: And I just felt peoples' eyes on us and hated it. Ugh.

Glad you got to see Julie and got to thank her, etc. ... wonder if she saw others with the pins. Obviously if people don't wear them it doesn't really work
I'm guessing she might have, since I'm sure a lot of people approached her, but I never did see another one. Oh, well.

All in all seems like you did pretty well and to be seeing Chewie by that time with less than an hour wait in line is pretty good I think! Hopefully that fit ok with your plans for what you were targeting for after the meet
It worked out quite well, I'd say!

Aw Izzy did look super tired in that yogurt pic! But she looks wide awake once you're inside the park! :)
It's so funny how she looks like she's about to fall asleep in her yogurt or something. :rotfl: But she did perk up pretty quickly.

That stinks about the milk, and then getting huffy with each other while in line, but glad it all worked out in the end and you got it cleaned up and back on track!
It was not our best moment, for sure. But we got through it. No use crying over spilled milk, right? :duck:

Seems like not too bad of a wait that morning especially with all the DIS meets and bathroom breaks. I don't know how you dealt with Izzy pulling the no-potty thing over and over?! If Aria did that she would get a time out in the bathroom and then go (I think she has tried that maybe one time).
Our big issue was that she was fairly recently potty trained and we were worried about accidents, so we ended up taking her too much versus too little. It wasn't until after the trip that I figured out sometimes she will pull this when she has to go #2. She gets there, tries for a second, feels uncomfortable, and wants to get out of there. She still prefers her diaper for that, but has had some potty successes too. Still working on it. Just last night, we were out to dinner with my dad and step-mom and ended up taking Izzy to the bathroom 4 times! (2 me, 2 Dug). A server passed us the last time and was like, "She REALLY likes our bathrooms, huh?" :rotfl2: She did pee on the second visit, but the others she seemed to be straining and couldn't do anything. And, of course, she filled a diaper overnight. Hoping we can break this habit soon. :headache: It does make us crazy, for sure. :crazy2:

We have the same thermos for milk, and one day, out of the blue, it leaked all over my son's lunch box. We went crazy trying to figure out why, I was looking at replacement parts, googling any issues with the valve, etc. Turns out, my husband screwed on the lid too tightly which makes the little nubby part by the straw get dislodged and then the milk leaks out that way. Ironic that I had put the lid on and he took it away from me telling me that the lid was not on tightly enough, and that is when the leak occurred.
Oh, wow, that's good to know. I don't think it's what happened here, as the lid itself was actually loose (but had been tight :confused3). All I can think is that the heat was affecting it. So strange. But we have had some other leaks and maybe the over tightening was an issue, as I usually tighten them a lot. Will keep that in mind, thanks.

Anyway, loving the report.
Thank you! :goodvibes

I feel like I've been off of the Dis forever! Life has been pretty busy for the last few weeks! I just caught up on reading though and can't wait to see pics of your meet with Chewie and the ewoks. I was hoping that Ewok costume would show up... haha! But it was SO hot that day and I'm doubting it did! :)
Welcome back! No problem, I've been struggling to keep up and update regularly, so you won't fall too far behind here.

We actually saved the Ewok costume for the second weekend when we were walking behind the parade with the package. But, spoiler alert, she didn't end up wearing it. Didn't want to. Probably for the best, though, it was really hot out again.

Gotta love seeing them sleeping so peacefully. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2We've ordered one of these contraptions for ourselves. I'm intrigued to see how well they work.
I hope you like it! For $3, you can't really go wrong. It takes a little getting used to - every microwave times it a bit different. And a random tip (that I got from an amazon review of it) is to flip it upside-down after it cooks, keeping it closed, and shake just a bit so that the egg comes loose. Then turn right side up and open and the egg will easily drop out onto your sandwich (or hold sandwich up to it and flip). At any rate, they are handy little gadgets.

Yep, we were somewhat horrified too. :scared:

At least you can laugh now right?:rotfl:
Ah, sort of. :rotfl: Definitely not my favorite memory of the trip.

That must have been rough in the moment.
It really was. I just felt like we were making a scene, despite trying not to. Just so uncomfortable.

Well at least there is that!
Yes, other than the sunglasses, I think our belongings fared pretty well. :thumbsup2

LOVE this! So cute!
Thanks!

Gotta love all the restroom drama. I'm not kidding that I was considering naming this TR "The Potties of Disney". :lmao:

I love her smile when she saw the Storm Trooper! I hope your day got better!
Ah, thanks. I'd like to say the day got better - and parts of it were great - but there is a big thing coming up this morning that basically threatened to ruin my mood most of the trip and most certainly distracted me. :rolleyes1

Those breakfast sandwiches look better than McD's! That's great having the kitchenette to get an earlier start to the day.
They are quite tasty and also very filling. Good way to start the day! Definitely a step up from the Reese's Puffs I used to have in our room at Pop! :rotfl:

I love morning walks and I can't think of a better one than from BC to HS!
It's a really peaceful and scenic walk. Of course, when you've got a whole day of walking in front of you and a boat is going by, that makes it slightly less enjoyable.

That stinks that the thermos leaked. I hate when stuff like that happens.
I was so annoyed. I mean, I even sealed the sealed thermoses in a ziplock bag, just as a precaution. And STILL. :sad2:

True story. I had a student last year named Amidala. Of course, I had to ask if she was named after Queen Amidala. I got a long sigh, complete with eyeroll, and a "Yeeeeeees!" She actually turned out to be a pretty great kid, who later told me how much she hated her name.
That is hilarious! :lmao: But poor kid to be stuck with that name.

Wow I got all kinds of behind!! I'm all caught up and ready to keep up this time! ::yes::
No worries, I promise to post updates REALLY slowly. :rotfl2:

This picture is so stinkin' cute! :goodvibes
Ah, thanks! :goodvibes

I can't believe how crowded it was so early in the morning! I guess that is what happens every morning during SWW though.
And, on top of that, this was the first day of the first SWW this year. So, extra crazy, I'm sure. It gets busy all SWW days, though.

Oh gosh, the potty fake outs. :sad2: I totally don't miss those!! Although Paxton didn't usually decide he didn't need to go. He absolutely needed to go, but if there were too many toilets flushing and hand dryers going off causing all kinds of noise, he would freak out and refuse to go! Made for an interesting experience out to eat one night...
Oh, geez, I know some kids are really sensitive to surprise noises and stuff. Thankfully, that doesn't seem to bother Izzy much. She is more picky about the potty itself and the level of cleanliness, etc. More than once, I made a big production out of finding a stall that was reasonably clean (for a public restroom) and declaring, "Oh, WOW! This one is SO clean, it's perfect!" It definitely helped. :rotfl: Otherwise, she will run stall to stall, trying to find one that meets her lofty expectations. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to the pics with Chewbacca!!
Looking forward to sharing them! :chewy:

Yum, those egg sandwiches looks good! I might have to keep those in mind for our DVC in May! It would be a nice break from the granola bars and yogurt we usually eat.
It's really nice when you want a hot breakfast that's fairly filling. But still quick and easy.

The view of Hollywood Studios minus the hat is just so different. I'm excited to see it soon!
I know, so odd to see after getting used to that hat.

Wow, those lines are crazy for so early! I guess that's to be expected during the first SWW!
SWW definitely draws crazy lines. The autograph ones are the craziest. :crazy2:

I'm sorry about the milk fiasco. Those leaks are so awful, especially when you try to hard to prevent them. And they always come at the worst times!
It really was an awful time for it to happen. At first, I was baffled why we could walk all the way there with no leak, then have it start once we got there. Until I realized that the security guy had been handling our bag and it was probably just right-side-up until then. :sad2:

Can't wait for the pictures - Izzy and the Ewok must have been pretty cute!
It was cute. :ewok:

The Chewie run was certainly an experience! I'm glad you were able to get the milk cleaned up. Good thing that lady alerted you to the problem! Milk after sitting in the sun would have been super yucky to clean up!
True, as embarrassing as it was to have a stranger stop us and draw attention to us, it would have been worse if we didn't notice.

Oh the bathroom fake-outs! :faint: Good thing you had plenty of time to get that all straightened out!
Yes, at least that was well-timed. Gave me a chance to peek at the meet and greet too (couldn't see it from our spot in line).

I can not wait to see the pics of that meet! I bet they are super cute!
They're pretty cute. :ewok::chewy:

Finally getting the chance to catch up. I love your Aulani TR as well!
Thank you, I appreciate it! Writing two reports at once is certainly quite a task. :faint:

Living vicariously through the SWW part of your report. Hopefully, we will be attending our first SWW next year:dogdance:
I am so excited for you to get to SWW! If there is anyone who is really planning in advance, it's you - I remember seeing you on the SWW thread and that you weren't even going until next year. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! :goodvibes

Hey I made it in the TR :wave:. It was so nice to meet all of you too.
:wave2: I wish I had remembered to take a picture of our meet! But it was so fun chatting with you - I think we could have hung out even longer if not for our line moving forward. :goodvibes

How adorable is that picture of Izzie at breakfast, she does look very sleepy.
Poor girl probably needed several more hours of sleep, but she recovered quite well.

Sorry you had a rough start to the morning, nothing like a little spilt milk to start the day.
Yeah, sure ruined the excited anticipation of getting into SWW. :sad2:

It looks like you were far back but then moved up quite a bit once you got through the tapstiles:thumbsup2.
Yeah, I don't even really remember, but it sure seems that way.

That's so great you got to meet Julie, she is so sweet. I was fortunate enough to meet her and her daughter later on in the day.
I was glad I spotted her. I really wanted to thank her for all the work she put into that thread - it was SO helpful for us! She is so sweet and nice. Glad you got a chance to meet her too.

Looking forward to hearing how Izzie liked cheese and the Ewok.
I am finding it hilarious that "Chewie" was autocorrected to "cheese". :lmao:It was a pretty good meet - and Dug was loving it! ::yes::

"The Chewie Run" -- I just love the name...super clever! We had a sunglass fail on our trip this past June too; only we were in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon and DH realized a little too late that Ray Bans and Monster Waves don't mix well. Thankfully, an hour after loosing them, a friendly park-goer found the sunglasses and turned them into the Lifeguard stand where they had a lost and found box, and we were able to move on with our day :cool1:

"The Chewie Run" -- I just love the name...super clever!
I can't take any credit for it...all the SWW folks on the DIS. But it was fun to be a part of something, knowing that many others were doing the same thing that morning.

We had a sunglass fail on our trip this past June too; only we were in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon and DH realized a little too late that Ray Bans and Monster Waves don't mix well. Thankfully, an hour after loosing them, a friendly park-goer found the sunglasses and turned them into the Lifeguard stand where they had a lost and found box, and we were able to move on with our day :cool1:
Yikes! So glad they were returned! This makes me glad that I seldom wear sunglasses (and only have a cheap old pair).

Chewie Hugs!

We made it to the front of Chewie’s line and Chewie himself came over to greet Dug :chewy::

Then it was Izzy’s turn to greet the Ewok :ewok: (Wicket):

She even was brave enough to give Chewie a little hug too:

I think they like her:

The Ewok trying to lure her in:

Dug joined in to encourage Izzy to come up for a picture:

There we go:

After that, Dug got his Chewie hug that he’d been dreaming of – look at the excitement on his face :hyper::

Here’s a nice Photopass shot of them all together:

And some cute ones of Izzy and the Ewok:

And, finally, I joined in at the end for a family shot:

And if you were wondering about how glamorous it all looked in real time :rolleyes:, enjoy the video. You can see us posing for photos and the cast member even turns my camera sideways, pretty exciting:rotfl::

(click to watch)

After getting that fun meet out of the way, it was time to use my Fast Pass+ for Star Tours. We headed over there and got Dug a Rider Swap. I was actually holding Izzy as I walked up and they asked me to set her down to measure her. I had to tell them she wasn’t riding and I just needed to get the Rider Swap, then hand her over to Dug (I knew she was definitely not tall enough – still not close). She was NOT happy to leave me and have to stay with Dug after that – probably thought she was going to ride too. Poor kid. :sad1: I headed in at 8:50am:

It was a good ride and I guess my Rebel Spy days are over (I was the Rebel Spy a few trips back). I was leaving by 9:04am, following these cool ears:

Oh, and I had to stop and try on the obligatory SWW hat in the gift shop:

I met up with Dug and took Izzy while he went to ride. And take photos and selfies, apparently:

I decided to just wander with Izzy and we ended up over at the Indiana Jones area. Recognize this?

How about now?

So, like any good parent, I taught Izzy how to disobey signs ::yes:::

We actually did this a bunch of times, as nobody else was around. There are a whole bunch of different sayings and sound effects it cycles through each time you pull the rope.

I have to say that I was surprised at how many people were in line for the Indiana Jones show that early in the day. Never knew it was so popular. :confused3

We went to the empty prop area so that Izzy could run around a bit:

That was fun to take a look at everything. And Izzy had a good time, just enjoying her freedom to run.

After a bit of time had passed, I decided to head to the Star Tours gift shop to meet Dug. On the way, I took a stealthy picture of another guest:

I love all the fun people-watching there is at SWW! :thumbsup2

Once in the shop, we just browsed around. I was tempted to get one of these for Dug for Father’s Day, but decided against it:

(I actually got him a grill instead, in case you were wondering).

Izzy demonstrated her genius by putting a Yoda hat on Yoda:

A clever kid, she is! :yoda:

Dug came out around 9:30am and actually still had his Rider Swap ticket, as they didn’t collect it for some reason. :confused: We stashed it away for a later use. Our next stop was my FP+ for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster!

Up next: Boarding a different roller coaster than I was expecting. :scared:

Once in the shop, we just browsed around. I was tempted to get one of these for Dug for Father’s Day, but decided against it:

Love the Ewok pictures. They are so cute:ewok: It's nice they have them out with Chewie first thing. I hope they do that next year too.

I actually got DH both shirts. He loves Hawaiian shirts and Star Wars, so that was birthday. I couldn't resist the Father's Day shirt either. I bought my dad a mug with Vader on it that said Father of the Year. He's not a big Star Wars fan but has a demented sense of humor. So, he loved it.

Aw the Chewie and Ewok pics were cute - Izzy and the Ewok are so cute together, he was just her size! Looks like a fun thing to do, pulling on the IJ rope - I don't think I've ever been over to that area w/ Aria lol, and certainly haven't watched the show in probably 5 years or more.

Star Tours is one 40" ride that I don't think Aria will enjoy, BUT she might if we make sure to watch the SW movies beforehand. She likes coasters more than these sorts of rides it seems. She HATED Universal's Despicable Me and we were in stationary seating! haha

Um, maybe you need some chickens on your farm? :scratchin
Have you ever been around a live chicken??? No thanks!

So, it grew into the “Chewie Run” for all those involved. :hyper:
Let the wookie win!!!

Oh, what? He's not running? Nevermind.

She looks so tired!
I was going to say that!

Could have been riding on it, oops. :headache: Already on its way back for another run:
Oh well. Nothing like a brisk walk to wake you up.

And this is certainly a different view without the hat:
I love it!

As we were looking around, a lady got our attention and told us that we had something leaking out of our bag. We looked down and, sure enough, there was milk leaking!
Oh no... nothing like milk leaking in a bag in the Florida sun.

So, Dug and I scrambled to salvage everything else in the bag and dry stuff off, but we somehow bumped each others hands in the process of emptying the bag…and it knocked his sunglasses to the ground, breaking them. Ugh. :sad1: By this point, we were pretty snippy with each other and I felt peoples’ eyes on us (let’s face it, there wasn’t much else to look at while stuck in line). It was certainly not our finest moment and not a great way to start our day. :worried:
I feel your pain. We've all been there.

At any rate, Izzy and I did make it all the way down to the restrooms, only to discover that Izzy did not like any of the potties she checked, so she changed her mind and no longer had to go.
:headache:

Since we still had a decent wait in front of us, I took her again. This time, we actually saw Chewie and an Ewok out meeting:
Hey look! There they are! No need to wait in line now! :rolleyes1

As a bonus, Izzy was actually successful using the potty this trip!
It's the little things that we remember from vacations, isn't it?

Soon, it was about 8:45am and we were next up to meet these guys:
Wow!!! You got in line 5 minutes before the park actually opened and still waited 50 minutes??? :faint:

We made it to the front of Chewie’s line and Chewie himself came over to greet Dug
Ok, so now it seems more worthwhile!

Then it was Izzy’s turn to greet the Ewok :ewok:
And Izzy had her own similar sized M&G! This is just too perfect.

After that, Dug got his Chewie hug that he’d been dreaming of – look at the excitement on his face :hyper::
:rotfl2: Like a kid on Christmas morning.

I wondered if you were going to ever get up there!! I mean if you're going to wait that long you've got to at least get involved and meet them!

:thumbsup2

We actually did this a bunch of times, as nobody else was around. There are a whole bunch of different sayings and sound effects it cycles through each time you pull the rope.
Anything to keep her distracted for a while, right?

::yes:: It really looks like a fun event.

Dug came out around 9:30am and actually still had his Rider Swap ticket, as they didn’t collect it for some reason. :confused: We stashed it away for a later use. Our next stop was my FP+ for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster!
Well played, Dug! :thumbsup2

That looks like such a fun meet with Chewie and Dug looks so happy ... I guess it is the equivalent of a little girl meeting a princess

... hope he didn't have candy and an unmarked van ;)

I do appreciate how on the special days (SWW, 24 hour party, dapper day, etc.) people dress up so much and really get into it

Jeez, I can't imagine anyone wanting that Star War's Dad shirt :rolleyes1

Me in Star War's Dad shirt.png (and yes, that is what Judi got me for Father's Day)

Those Dug and Chewie photos are priceless! I love the joy on his face.

Hilarious that Max Rebo owns that Father's Day shirt!

The Izzy and Ewok pictures are so cute! And Dug looks so happy to get that hug from Chewie! I'm glad your early morning meet worked out so well!

Cute Leia ears! :thumbsup2

I had read about that IJ rope on another TR so I made sure to have Nate pull it when we were there. It's such a cute little theme piece! And I think we let the boys run around that same open area and they loved looking at the trucks!

The Chewie and Ewok meet and greet was so cute! I am not big into Star Wars or anything but if I am ever there during Star Wars weekends, I would totally want to do that meet! That little Ewok is so super cute! I love it. Those shirts are super cute, I would have had to get one for fathers day!

From following along on the big Star Wars Weekends thread, I had learned that Chewbacca generally gets a VERY long line for his character meets and the best way to avoid that is to see him right away at park opening. As it turns out, the day we chose to do that was the first day of Star Wars Weekends and many other DISers had the same plan. So, it grew into the “Chewie Run” for all those involved.

Ah. And here I thought the "Chewie Run" was some kind of marathon.

Tired little Izzy was still asleep at 6:14am

Hello! It's six o'clock in the morning!

While I was as it, I took a photo of the hidden Mickey I saw in the carpeting:

Good catch!

Izzy did not really want to get up, but I did manage to rouse her after a few minutes

I repeat. Hello! It's six o'clock in the morning!

Meanwhile, Dug was playing chef and had made us those yummy egg sandwiches I was talking about in the last update:

That looks good! I can't see any, was there cheese in it too?

She looks so tired!

Oh for the love of Pete! I keep telling you! It's SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!

Oh, hey, lookie there…a boat :eek:

Whoops! Did Dug give you a look, perchance?

And this is certainly a different view without the hat:

::yes:: Much better!

As we approached the entrance, I was amused by the self-watering plants

Interesting. I noticed some self watering trees on a bus ride between parks one day.
Shocked me. I just assumed the trees outside the parks would fend for themselves.

We were in line at 7:25am:

Lot of people for that early.
I presume SWW had something to do with that.

As we were looking around, a lady got our attention and told us that we had something leaking out of our bag. We looked down and, sure enough, there was milk leaking!

Oh, no!

we had her milk in two thermoses (which are generally leak-proof) and had those thermoses in a sealed ziplock bag, just in case.

It's amazing isn't it? I've had the same thing happen. You think "Ha! There's no way that's going to leak."
Liquids just find a way, no?

So, Dug and I scrambled to salvage everything else in the bag and dry stuff off, but we somehow bumped each others hands in the process of emptying the bag…and it knocked his sunglasses to the ground, breaking them.
oh dear.

By this point, we were pretty snippy with each other and I felt peoples’ eyes on us (let’s face it, there wasn’t much else to look at while stuck in line). It was certainly not our finest moment and not a great way to start our day. :worried:

Oh, well. We can't always be model parents/spouses.

She’d been playing with her spinning Minnie toy, which survived the Great Milk Disaster of 2015:

:laughing: I like that. Wasn't that in the international news for a while?
Pretty sure I saw something about the Great Milk Disaster.

We were in the park by about 7:45am and spotted our first Stormtrooper:

Did you freak out? Did Dug? Maybe just a little?

Love that shot. You guys look so happy! :goodvibes

she was dressed as Sabine from Star Wars Rebels. Not a good picture, but you can kind-of see her right behind the backpack guy here:

I had to Google it, but... I like it! Cool!

At any rate, Izzy and I did make it all the way down to the restrooms, only to discover that Izzy did not like any of the potties she checked, so she changed her mind and no longer had to go. :headache:

Uh, huh. "no longer had to go"
Did you set your timer to see how long until she "had to go" again?

A few minutes after Izzy and I rejoined the line, she wanted to go potty again. Naturally.

Yep.

I took her again.

And didn't try to choke her?
That's good parenting.

This time, we actually saw Chewie and an Ewok out meeting:

Okay. Now you freaked out, right? Right?

I spotted Queen Amidala (behind the stroller):

I just now noticed that someone is bowing to her! :worship:

I noticed that right away. That's so awesome!

Way to go!

Isn't that illegal? I'm surprised Disney would condone child luring.

After that, Dug got his Chewie hug that he’d been dreaming of – look at the excitement on his face :hyper:

He looks pretty stoked! :laughing:

She was NOT happy to leave me and have to stay with Dug after that – probably thought she was going to ride too. Poor kid.

Awww. Poor Izzy. He time will come.

Complete with cinnamon buns!

:lmao: Good one!

I decided to just wander with Izzy and we ended up over at the Indiana Jones area. Recognize this?

Yep! :)

A grill beats a T-shirt, anyday.

Up next: Boarding a different roller coaster than I was expecting. :scared:

Uh, oh. Was this your first time on RNR?

Hmm...I totally thought I replied a few posts back but I can't find my post. I could be imagining it but I even remember asking how you made those egg sandwiches. Must be a computer/wifi glich or something!

Meanwhile, Dug was playing chef and had made us those yummy egg sandwiches I was talking about in the last update:

OMG these look amazing! I will totally have to look into getting the microwave egg thingy!

As we were looking around, a lady got our attention and told us that we had something leaking out of our bag. We looked down and, sure enough, there was milk leaking! :scared: Ugh, this was not the best way to start the Chewie Run! We went into our bag and pulled out Izzy’s milk. It was pretty amazing that there was anything leaking, as we had her milk in two thermoses (which are generally leak-proof) and had those thermoses in a sealed ziplock bag, just in case. Somehow, one of the lids had come a bit loose (maybe from the heat? It was already very hot out) and security must have flipped it upside down when they inspected our bag, so it just started seeping out right after that. :sad2: So, Dug and I scrambled to salvage everything else in the bag and dry stuff off, but we somehow bumped each others hands in the process of emptying the bag…and it knocked his sunglasses to the ground, breaking them. Ugh. :sad1: By this point, we were pretty snippy with each other and I felt peoples’ eyes on us (let’s face it, there wasn’t much else to look at while stuck in line). It was certainly not our finest moment and not a great way to start our day. :worried:

Hmm, sorry about the milk spill but looks like you guys dealt with it like pros! I have broken a pair of sunglasses at WDW too. I think I sat on them. And they were really expensive and I was so sad. My sisters also didn't allow me to buy another pair of sunglasses because they said I would jinx the trip by making it rain the moment I bought another pair. But guess what, it rained for half the trip anyways! LOL.

We made it at about 7:55am (park opening at 8am, by the way). I enjoyed all the people-watching at Star Wars Weekends, like the Yoda backpack :yoda::

Great update and love all the Dismeets! The pics of Izzy are really cute!

Chewie Hugs!

We made it to the front of Chewie’s line and Chewie himself came over to greet Dug :chewy::

Then it was Izzy’s turn to greet the Ewok :ewok: (Wicket):

I think they like her:

Dug joined in to encourage Izzy to come up for a picture:

There we go:

Here’s a nice Photopass shot of them all together:

And some cute ones of Izzy and the Ewok:

Aww, the meet n greet was super cute!! Love all the pics, and everyone looks so happy! Especially Dug! :rotfl:

It was a good ride and I guess my Rebel Spy days are over (I was the Rebel Spy a few trips back). I was leaving by 9:04am, following these cool ears:

Jealous that you were the rebel spy! I've ridden that ride over a dozen times and no luck. LOL

How about now?

Is this the same rope contraption they have at the DL ride? I remember pulling something like this before...

Me too!

Excellent idea. I like how everyone will benefit from this too :thumbsup2

A clever kid, she is! :yoda:

Awww, super cute!!!

STUDIO_SWW05_7309903211_zpsqnym1xba.jpeg

Dug is CLEARLY stoked! :hyper:

Aw love these ones! And the one with you in it but I guess it didn't quote. Just know I like you too!:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Oh my gosh, I love those ears!

:thumbsup2

Also, I can't tell you how many times, i've seen parents slap their kids hands away in the Indy queue at Disneyland because of the 'Do Not Pull' sign :rolleyes2 Like Disney would really put something dangerous smack dab right in the middle of the queue :laughing:

That's a pretty nice gift! I'm sure he would have liked both.

Izzy's reaction to the Ewok interaction is hilarious. She was like, "They are a character, and I love character meet and greets, but this one is a little strange."

Dug looks so happy to meet Chewie. It's pretty cool that he got the chance to meet him.

No Rider Swap collection...nice little dose of pixie dust!

I am finally getting caught up on your trip report! My dd just LOVED the bathrooms at Disney. We stop at ever one regardless if we needed to or not. It really got annoying at times! She really loved how her voice echoed in there, so if you were there in March, I apologize for the little girl singing loudly in the bathrooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter