"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Not enough butter on this bread, time for more :laughing: :
She and DD have sooooo much in common it's scary.

And it was very tasty. In fact, Izzy had polished off her Mickey bar by the time this showed up and was apparently still hungry, so she dove right in:
:rotfl: She knows a good thing when she sees it!

Chocolate face to prove it:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Wow... she sure did go all in on those desserts!

And here’s the backside of it after the characters had signed:
That's a great idea for a baby gift! Too bad they don't do autographs like that anymore.

She apparently wanted to sleep in her clothes. Cool, whatever works, kid. ::yes::
::yes:: As long as you sleep.

And then it was time to go, with a giant Mickey hand happily waving farewell :wave2: :
She looks way too happy...

Hope everyone had a happy Halloween! Izzy was Rey from Star Wars and had a blast. I just had to share a picture. My brother-in-law edited the photo and made our living room background with photo-bombing dog SO much better. It's now Rey's home planet and Bailey-8 is with her. :lmao:
She makes a great Rey! I like the picture!

Seriously, I was laughing about it at the time, knowing it must have looked ridiculous, but trying to be casual. :lmao: You know, just going to pick up my kid, nothing to look at here. :earseek:

:lmao: "Yeshhh... I'm.. uh... I... am... hee... heee.... here!... to pickup... pick........up.... my dau... my do.... my daaa.... my kid."

Cool kid with the tats.

Not enough butter on this bread, time for more :laughing: :

Can never have enough butter.

This dining room has large screens everywhere and they use them to make you feel like you’re under the sea:

Cool!

But, first, a dining room selfie/we-sie:

Cute pic of you guys!

Izzy washed her butter down with some milk:

I was going to make a dairy comment, but...

Nobody can accuse this girl of not getting enough dairy. :rotfl2:

... you beat me to it.

I think this might have been the Roasted Garlic Dip for the bread service :confused: :

Or it was soup. Or we spilled something in this dish.

Here’s a shot with a better overview of the dining room. You can see all the screens everywhere:

Nice. I like it.

No surprise what Izzy chose for dinner :rolleyes: :

Butter?

He actually came over and interacted with our tablemates quite a bit and I captured the whole thing on video (about 2 minutes long):

That's so cool! Didn't realize they were interactive, too!

She promptly got Mickey sprinkles everywhere:

That's what they're for.
If you don't sprinkle them on the seat and floor, you'll put someone out of work.

And it was very tasty. In fact, Izzy had polished off her Mickey bar by the time this showed up and was apparently still hungry, so she dove right in:

:laughing:

We also had to bid our wonderful tablemates farewell. :wave2: They were great and we enjoyed their company! :goodvibes

That's good. I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be if your tablemates were stick in the mud types.

We had some more chocolates and a towel bunny waiting there:

Pretty creative.

So, yeah, maybe she can take it with her to college someday. :rotfl2:

:laughing:
"Oh. Here's a pillow case for you."
"Mom! Why have you been hiding this all these years!!!"

They let you choose if you want the princesses to sign or not and I skipped that, since it could have been a baby boy and there just wasn’t a lot of room anyway.

Smart. I probably wouldn't have thought of not having the princesses sign it.

It made me a little nervous to have her out of my reach at that age, but I kept a close eye on her, hoping nobody would question why she was by herself:

OMG! What kind of a parent are you!?!?

I wish Snow White had taught Birdie how to help with the housework (we just watched the movie on Disney Junior today). :lmao:

:laughing: I want one of those birds.
Heck with that... I want a flock.

Also, this was back in the days where Izzy said “cheese” for pictures – for a long time now, she has yelled “chicken feet!”

Sure. Makes total sense.

After that stop at the nursery, I enjoyed the ship a bit on my way back. There was a piano player in the atrium:

Nice! Always love those.

And the best part was that I arrived back to a sleeping toddler:

Niiiiiiice.

Before we could leave our stateroom, though, we had to drink in that verandah view just a bit more :cloud9: :

::yes:: I get that.

We left our room just after 7am:

You look pretty happy for 7am... on departure day no less.

And Izzy apparently enjoyed playing with knives while I was at the buffet getting her food :scared: :

You really are a bad parent! You're... you're a monster!!

Lovely parking structure view. :laughing:

Heavenly.

Ahem.

Looks like I was in the mood for Froot Loops:

One can never not be in the mood for Froot Loops.

Check out this muffin, mom:

Where's the butter?

After Izzy finished eating, she went over to play in that little corner cutout thing and it kind-of freaked me out, just hoping that window was solid :scared: :

So let's see.
So far we have
1. Unattended child ready for kidnapping.
2. Playing with knives
and now 3. Teetering on the precipice of disaster.

Here's your Mom of the Year award.

(ps. you know I'm kidding, right?)

We did our classic so-sad-to-be-leaving faces :sad1:

Awwwww... so sad!

And then it was time to go, with a giant Mickey hand happily waving farewell :wave2: :

"Yeah, take that hand and stick it right up your....."

Dug had been a little concerned about bringing leftover Fish Extender snack food off the ship, due to some wording about food on the customs form, but that wasn’t a problem at all. :thumbsup2

First a bad parent and now a smuggler?
Where will your depravity end?!?!?

(Izzy’s daycare provider made her that shirt, by the way!

Nice!

And, yes, she still didn’t want those temporary tattoos from the nursery washed off :sad2:).

Of course not. She's too cool for that.

But the driver was walking along, checking numbers of people and such, so I made sure he knew that it was just me, I had no bags, and was willing to stand. :hyper: I wasn’t going to wait around for another shuttle if I didn’t have to – it had already taken a while for this one to show up. Well, it worked and I got on that first shuttle, skipping by others in line :cool1:

Nice call. Wouldn't have occurred to me.

I noticed that nearly everyone in line spoke a non-English language, which was interesting.

Huh. That's odd, isn't it?

I’d do this again on a 1-way trip like this. I’m cheap, but a few bucks (per day) automatically charged to our card by Enterprise to not have to deal with getting cash or a sunpass or stopping – worth it!

I'll have to try and remember that.

So, you can do your souvenir shopping right there. (I didn’t – we are not big on souvenirs).

Me neither.

Hope everyone had a happy Halloween! Izzy was Rey from Star Wars and had a blast. I just had to share a picture.

:laughing: That's great!

My brother-in-law edited the photo and made our living room background with photo-bombing dog SO much better. It's now Rey's home planet and Bailey-8 is with her. :lmao:

He did a good job, too!

The cutest Rey ever! Izzy was adorable!

I felt like your cruise portion of the trip flew by. The Animator's Palate on the newer ships looks awesome. I can only imagine how amused Izzy was to have Crush posing for photos right next to her.

Loved the report. Izzy would fit right in with DS and I concerning butter. DS will sometimes eat it straight off a fork. I don't know where he learned to do that:rolleyes1 I remember thinking the same thing after our Mixology class. We actually ate at Remy that night and got the wine flight. I remember thinking I now I know how people just fall off the ship. We were walking around after dinner, and I kept steering clear of any railings:rotfl2:

5000th Post!!! party:

Guess what?! This is my 5000th post on the DIS! :faint:

Cannot believe that, but it has been like 7 years and lots of Trip Reports (which is where the vast majority of my posts are).

So, I wanted to do something different for my 5000th post. I thought it would be cool to post the recent family pictures we had taken. However, I don't have access to download them yet, so I'll just post a couple of sneak peeks we received and then edit this post to add the rest when I have them. Besides, probably nobody is reading this tonight anyway with the election coverage...:rolleyes:

So, thanks for hanging with me through all these posts over all these years. :goodvibes I'm so glad I found this place and all of you!

Enjoy some pictures:

More to come soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I have all the photos now, enjoy:

Last edited:

How awesome! 5000 posts! Izzy looks so grown up in those photos. Where does the time go.

Happy 5,000th post! That's awesome.
I'm so glad you started writing trip reports; it's been such fun watching Izzy grow up and experience her Disney trips with you guys via the DIS.

Love the pics. Especially Izzy in the red chair. But all the pics show real personality and happiness

Great pictures - I especially like the one with Izzy throwing the leaves and you and Dug in the flab know slightly out of focus and the one with Dug and Izzy in the chair :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter