I'm not 40, I'm eighteen with 22 years experience.

We bought in 1992, when we were both 45. Our daughters were 11 and 13, and now are 29 and 31. My how time flies! Almost 20 years of wonderful vacations.

I was (well, still am) 29 and DBF was 31 when we purchased last year.
Glad I was able to accomplish so much in my 20's - a few Disney trips, graduating college, buying a house, and buying DVC! Now that the 30's are the new 20's I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring - can anyone say add-on?!

I was 46 and DH was 45.....our kids were 20, 18, and 12....when we bought in 2001......we briefly wondered "what is that DVC thing" when we were at WDW in 1993 shortly after OKW opened (OKW was simply called Disney Vacation Club way back then)...but, without even investigating further simply decided it must be way too expensive for us to even consider at that point. We didn't visit again until 2001, after several cancelled trips due to our parents' serious illnesses, and decided on the spur of the moment during that trip to do the tour when the models were at BW..... our purchase at VWL was spur of the moment also.....we got some of the last points at VWL.......it was perfect for us at that point of our lives and have since added on at SSR.....will probably add on another 150 or so in the next few years looking forward to retirement....and are currently looking to purchase about 50 points as a wedding gift for our oldest son (that 20 year old back in 2001) who is getting married in July.

DH and I were 26 and 27. We don't own a home, don't have kids, and haven't paid off our car yet, but we knew we would be going to Disney every year or every other year, as we had been there 3 times in 18 months. We didnt want to say "I wish we had bought sooner" and im looking forward to many years of magical memories.

I was 29, DH was 36. We were in our second house and bought 10 years ago. I can't wait to turn 40 at Kidani in May. We have had 19 great vacations in 10 years using DVC.

I was 28, DH was 27. We bought our house a year earlier than DVC. Have stayed in our DVC twice so far and have yet to live in our house ... looking forward to it when the economy in Cali recovers a bit more.

We bought into OKW in 2006 when I was 54 and the kids are grown and on their own. Most trips are just my wife and I, but we bring the kids sometimes.:thumbsup2

;)DH (45) had just traded my car (40) in on a new Jeep Wrangler. I got my DVC a week later :thumbsup2 in 2009.

I was 49, and DH 46.....I can just see us tulling around WDW on, what will probably be hovercrafts in 30 years. At least then we won't mow down the people walking! :rotfl:

We bought in when I was 42 and my partner was 54. In January 2007 we took a trip and stayed Concierge at AKL and at the GF. The amount of $'s we spent on rooms was about half of what I just spent on my VWL contract that closed last week. :scared2:

Since then we've added on 4 times.

We bought our first contract when I was 43 and DH 48 back in 2005. We typically still travel with extended family and make great use out of 2 bedroom units.

We bought 200 pts cash at BLT a couple years ago. I was 27 and DW was
25. We already purchased a home, had our cars paid off, as well as student loans. Regardless, we probably would have made the plunge anyway. I'm just happy and fortunate that we were able to when we did.

We bought into DVC in 2003 when I was 29 and my DW was 31. We still say it is one of the best investments we have ever made. We use it so much more than just Disney (even though the Disney portion is still my favorite). The other places we have been with DVC is Colorado, London, Austria and we do a night in NYC every year for our anniversary.

We've brought my parents several times and they loved it so much they bought into it in 2006 at the age of 65 and 61. They now take all their friends there.

We are meeting them there again in 4 weeks for our April trip.

DH was 61 and I was 58 when we bought 4 years ago (age is just a number!). We bought 3 - 200 point contracts because we have 3 sons with families and could pass them each 1 contract in our wills. So far we have only taken them 1 time (their choice) because of different school breaks and difficulty arranging vacation times together. We, on the other hand have discovered how wonderful it is to go by ourselves when there are low crowds and fewer children (early Dec., late Oct., early May). I have been amazed at how much there is to do for adults. I had been a commando tripper for about 16 trips before and NOW I get it! Relax and enjoy the vacation - if you miss something you can see it next time! We still enjoy the rides too! Second childhood????:dance3:

Bought into BWV when I was 35 (?), I think. Maybe 36. I have a few more "years experience" now. Guess that makes it hard to remember!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter