I'm New =)

JennisSilly

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I'm new to the boards- I've lurked a bit but finally registered :)

I bought at Saratoga Springs in 2005. I live on the West Coast, so am hoping to be able to buy at the Grand Californian (Disneyland) but we'll see if they open that up to others who didn't buy from a West Coast office.

Anyway, I'm hoping to learn more of the aspects of my membership as well as utilizing my stay at WDW (I don't go often, since I live so far, I'm a Disneyland fanatic though :) )

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo house for my honeymoon in June. I'm wondering what the difference between Jambo and Kildani (sp) are? If someone can help me figure them out, that would be super great!

Thank you in advance :cool1:

Jenn

Welcome to the DISboards!

Someone will be along soon to answer your questions... I am not AKV savvy. Yet.

Well Jambo house is in the existing hotel and Kidani Village is a dedicated Disney Vacation Club resort, with seperate everything. Check in, pool, and I think buses but not sure on that one. Lisa will be able to give you better info.

Some of the differences between Jambo and Kidani are:

*Only Jambo has Value and Concierge levels
*Kidani 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedrooms will have an extra bath.
*All Jambo Standard Views have Pool views. Kidani Standard Views may be pool or may be parking lot. I also think there will be some garden views.
*Jambo GV's are all one level (and have pool tables so I hear) and Kidani's are two story (and don't have pool tables).
*Jambo is in the current AKL hotel and has close access to it's amenities and restaurants including the counter service Mara.
*Kidani will have a new restaurant but no counter service in that building.

PS - Welcome fellow West Coaster!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter