• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im new here. Where do i start??

sazoo

Earning My Ears
Ive been thinking of doing Disney for a few years now and have decided 2013 is the year. Trouble is that's as far as I've got! I don't know the best time to go the place to stay the tickets to buy ect! Do I rent a car ? Villa? Please help

Ive been thinking of doing Disney for a few years now and have decided 2013 is the year. Trouble is that's as far as I've got! I don't know the best time to go the place to stay the tickets to buy ect! Do I rent a car ? Villa? Please help

Welcome! I am certainly no expert, but there are different levels of resorts value/moderate/deluxe/villas as well as "seasons" that dictate resort pricing. That might be a place to start.
As far as renting a car, WDW has Magical Express to get you from the airport to WDW, and there is a bus system to get you from your resort to the parks. There is also the monorail and boat, depending on where you stay.
There are links on this site that will help you.

See how much I've learned by being on the boards? :)

Ive been thinking of doing Disney for a few years now and have decided 2013 is the year.fantastic deciision
Trouble is that's as far as I've got!no problem-the dis is the best place to be for assistance
I don't know the best time to gopersonally i don't think there could be a bad time-but there are different seasons-higher and lower crowd times-is weather a consideration?
the place to stayan important decision to make in your planning-do you want to stay onsite(within wdw)this opens many choices-there are value hotels, moderate level and deluxe also villas available.then it's a case of deciding which one/s you are interested in-taking into account prices and level of luxury-(look on wdw site) or alternatively you may prefer offsite(condo,hotel,motel,townhouse.villa,with/without pool,gated or not?
the tickets to buyi believe your main choice here is whether you visit more than one park each day-if yes-you require "hopper" option-how many days you want to have tickets for? there appears to be a vast array of options/discounts which i have no understanding of as i'm from the uk and we have different tickets-sorry ect!
Do I rent a car ?we rent a car as obviously we fly-and like the freedom we have with the car.if you decide to stay onsite and will literally only visit disney-i don't believe there's any need
Villa?again,only my personal opinion-i would consider how many in your party?do you want separate bedrooms,bathrooms,living space,kitchen,laundry etc?
Please help

i would say our main choice-as we are limited by school times for travel-is where to stay-
personally i prefer onsite-my husband is simply not bothered-and he is the driver-son and daughter like the benefits of staying onsite also-
these include-
extra magic hours(emh)-alloted extra time in the disney parks only for wdw resort guests, offered in the morning and on an evening
disney dining plan-a "pre-paid" eating plan which takes care of your eating costs-if you decide to stay at disney-this is an option available to you-sometimes there are free dining(FD) offers-and these are great!
being close by to the parks

there are pros and cons to most decisions (including where to stay)-there are many threads on here discussing for/against onsite or offsite

there is literally an abundance of ideas,help and assistance on the dis-it is simply fabulous. although, there is occasion to become overwhelmed.

try not to overplan or overread(is there even such a word?!)

look into Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies-just look at the threads you understand and are interested in
following on from this, i would suggest Disneyworld tips

hopefully, by this time you will have made the major decisions-
when to travel
where to stay

then have a read of Disney restaurants.

hope i haven't lost you or totally overwhelmed you-

i am by no stretch of the imagination any kind of expert-however i love disney and so do disers! :yay::yay:

Thanks so much guys. I'll be traveling from the uk and I'm trying to decide out of Easter holidays and summer holidays (school) this will depend on weather and price difference. I think we would like a villa as there's ten of us traveling 5 adults and 5 children ( 17,13,8,7,5 and 2) the 17 year old being the fifth adult. We would want to visit WDW and I think there's a water world kind of park but my knowledge of the parks is very limited. What I've said is all I know lol. Is the cheapest option for my plans to book separately as we would need to rent cars as villa mite be quite far away from the parks.
Thankyou all agian as all the comments n posts are helping me so much.

Thanks so much guys. I'll be traveling from the uk and I'm trying to decide out of Easter holidays and summer holidays (school) this will depend on weather and price difference. I think we would like a villa as there's ten of us traveling 5 adults and 5 children ( 17,13,8,7,5 and 2) the 17 year old being the fifth adult. We would want to visit WDW and I think there's a water world kind of park but my knowledge of the parks is very limited. What I've said is all I know lol. Is the cheapest option for my plans to book separately as we would need to rent cars as villa mite be quite far away from the parks.
Thankyou all agian as all the comments n posts are helping me so much.
we have priced easter previously and found it to be cheaper in the summer.

we have visited in february previously-cold but bright and sunny
march-sunny and warm
july-red hot,sweaty and rain,thunder storms
august-even hotter,sweaty,rain and thunder storms with severe weather warnings.

note-the weather (any variety) has not spoiled our fun-we had one day once in august where we stayed at the townhouse due to torrential rain and high winds-then it was back to fantastic sunshine.

the first time we visited, we had not even left the airport car park, when rain,really heavy rain fell. we were not expecting this at all-florida-the sunshine state?! however, it pours, then stops again as soon as it started-it's like magic-the ground just dries up!

you will definitely need to book cars with villa bookings-now you need to decide if you want your own personal pool or use one on complex-or are you not bothered?

flights-are you looking to fly directly or willing to fly indirect with connections-we have never done this but many people do-obviously due to the cost difference.

if you book a d.i.y stay, you are much more organised and daring than we were our first few visits! i think it depends what deals are out there, but booking flights and accomodation separately generally/not always-saves money. if you choose to book villa privately, you would usually pay for the length of stay-not per person-if you choose to book with travel company-eg. virgin holidays-you will pay individually for people.

wdw includes six parks-
magic kingdom
hollywood studios
epcot
animal kingdom
blizzard beach-water park
typhoon lagoon-water park

and our "ultimate tickets" also include entry to disney quest an indoor arcade-5 floors of fun at downtown disney.

ultimate tickets are for either 2 or 3 weeks, there may actually be a 7 day option also but most brits don't go for 7 nights!

please note aged 10 and over have adult tickets-children are 9 and under.
we have not travelled with young children-but i believe under 3's are free-i'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm/deny.:confused3

in fact, head over to uk forum-wayne-a moderator on the site-will be able to assist you will practically everything. :dance3:

Hi I just joined today as well. I have been to Orland several times though. I too have large family and we stay in a villa. Look at VRBO.com and look in Kissimmee area as they are very close to theme parks. We have stayed in the Windsor Hills area 2 times and have enjoyed it. It is MUCH cheaper than staying on property. Tickets for parks from Undercover Tourist. No problems there either. Good luck. And have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter