I'm Never Going to Disney Near Easter Again March 2013 TR Completed 1/3 NEW TR LINK!

Enjoying you report so far. Your dad sounds like a super easy park buddy. I had a major that didn't work for study abroad so I did summer school at a local community college to stay caught up. Maybe if you start now, you could still do the dcp? I have never regretted a work/school filled summer as a trade for a semester in Italy. So worth it. I know Ed programs can be super rigid though. Good luck.

A first glimpse of a New Land

The next morning I woke up early and shower quickly because we were going to Magic Kingdom today, which meant that I got to see the new Fantasyland! I don’t have any notes about how long we waited for the bus, I did my last days of notes on my plane ride home. But I’m guessing that it came pretty quickly and we hopped on the bus.

When we got to the Magic Kingdom, DFather went to grab a locker, we knew we were going to be there all day and we brought a bag to put sweatshirts, pants, etc…

I ran to get fast passes for the little mermaid ride, I actually ran through the stores and around the castle so I didn’t get to any pictures of the castle this time. While I was running to the New Fantasyland I tweeted:

My excitment to see the new fantasyland really does make me a disney nerd

Although I didn’t get a picture of Cinderella’s castle I did get a picture of the wall things outside the castle then Fantasyland.

102-NewFantasaylandGates.jpg

I grabbed 2 fastpasses for the Little Mermaid.

instagramfastpasses.jpg

Please excuse my nails, for some reason I didn’t paint them before our trip.

After I grabbed the fastpasses I had to wait for DFather to meet up with me. You get the fast passes from near Philarmagic and I did a little photo shoot of my own.

103-Carosel.jpg

It was about 9:30-10:00 and it was already this crowded, the crowds were ridiculous!

104-MickeyMouse.jpg

105-Store.jpg

After I met up with DFather we headed over to my favorite Disney ride. I’ll give you guys a hint. Where can you find this little Disney detail?

HauntedMansion.jpg

Old Key West Pictures Update

I found Jess' report a few months ago and showed it to my daughter. We both really enjoyed it! My DD did not think she would be able to do DCP either based on her major and curriculum. But she has changed majors and now it actually would compliment it. One of her teachers from high school did the DCP and she has been interested and Disney obsessed for a long time! It is one of the reasons we bought DVC - our whole family loves vacationing there! I hope that she will be able to get in. Her sister wants to try for it too. So that would be even better if they could go together!

Both my parent are DVC members I love being a member, because I really do love vacationing at Disney and I love the cruises. I hope that both your daughters get into the program and that they can do it together. I think it would be so cool to go with a friend/sibling because at least you know somebody.

Enjoying you report so far. Your dad sounds like a super easy park buddy. I had a major that didn't work for study abroad so I did summer school at a local community college to stay caught up. Maybe if you start now, you could still do the dcp? I have never regretted a work/school filled summer as a trade for a semester in Italy. So worth it. I know Ed programs can be super rigid though. Good luck.

This is the first time that me and my father did a mainly Father/Daughter trip, it was always just the two of us in the park. Since he lives in Florida and goes to the parks a lot he was very easy going at letting me decide what we would be doing. I think I'd have to do some research into DCP because a lot of people have told me that its amazing/possible but we'll have to see.

Too bad your meal at Captain Jack's wasn't awesome, but at least it was still good. I can honestly say that's one restaurant that never made it to my list!
New Fantasyland!! I'd be excitedly tweeting about it too.
Haunted Mansion next?

I'm enjoying your trip report. I love those Easter eggs at the GF. We are hoping to go back to WDW in April and will have to check them out. :goodvibes

How did you like OKW? Did you get any pictures? We've stayed at the BCV's three times, but the OKW looks like a nice option, too.

Too bad your meal at Captain Jack's wasn't awesome, but at least it was still good. I can honestly say that's one restaurant that never made it to my list!
New Fantasyland!! I'd be excitedly tweeting about it too.
Haunted Mansion next?

I loved the New Fantasyland! I wish that it was completely finished so get the full effect but it was amazing to see the Beast's Castle and such. Pictures are coming.

I'm enjoying your trip report. I love those Easter eggs at the GF. We are hoping to go back to WDW in April and will have to check them out. :goodvibes

How did you like OKW? Did you get any pictures? We've stayed at the BCV's three times, but the OKW looks like a nice option, too.

OKW is DFather's home resort for DVC. I don't have any picture from this trip but I do have pictures from other trips. I'll do quick post with pictures because I had totally forgotten to do one earlier. Thank you so much for reading.

Hello All,

After my last update one of my readers asked if I had any Old Key West photos to share because they wanted to see what Old Key West looked like.

I had these photos uploaded on Photobucket and photobucket decide it just didn't want to work that day. :badpc: So I figured I'd do another day then forgot until I was going through files on my computer and saw the file I made for these pictures and figured I'd do an update now.

I just want to tell you guys 2 things in advance 1. These pictures were taken 2 years ago, so some little things might have changed 2. The room pictures are from a studio instead of the 1 bedroom that we stayed in this trip, although the pictures are from after the most recent room renovations.

So, enjoy...

224352_1928256495631_5128136_n.jpg

The Sandcastle waterslide

th_222465_1928258375678_4835501_n.jpg

The little river.

225182_1928261255750_5796788_n.jpg

The view from out room

th_225182_1928261255750_5796788_n.jpg

The lighthouse, I believe that inside the lighthouse there is sauna but don't quote me on that.

222127_1928254615584_716039_n.jpg

The sign for Olivia's, their restaurant.

224136_1928255975618_4135818_n.jpg

Olivia's. Inside Olivia's are pictures of all their DVC members, since DFather is DVC member at OKW there is picture of me from around the time my parents bought, I'm about 2 years old and I always forget to get the picture. Maybe next time.

217055_1928255655610_1989341_n.jpg

The docks

215300_1928252535532_4389910_n.jpg

The Kitchen (again this in the Studio)

216215_1928250255475_883827_n.jpg

The beds, please excuse all my stuff.

216282_1928255455605_4026505_n.jpg

Under the flag pole.

205529_1928250775488_8228768_n.jpg

A little sitting area

207419_1928259775713_7131837_n.jpg

The entrance to the general store.

206332_1928255135597_379138_n.jpg

The ferry goes between, DTD, Saratoga Springs and OKW

So, those are all the pictures I have of Old Key West, I hope you enjoyed. I'll probably be back with a real update in the next few days.

Next Update!

Thanks for posting the pictures of OKW. The ferry looks like it might be a nice way to get to DTD. Does this ferry also go to Port Orleans?

Thanks for posting the pictures of OKW. The ferry looks like it might be a nice way to get to DTD. Does this ferry also go to Port Orleans?

The ferry is a nice way to get to OKW, its a nice peaceful ride. The boat's route I believe are OKW, Saratoga Spring, Treehouse Villas, and then DTD, then you can make a connection to her to Port Orleans I believe but I'm not 100% sure. I know there are 2 different boat routes. I hope this helps.

Picture Happy!

I’m here to do another short update, one with a lot of pictures, but hey who doesn’t like pictures?

When we last left off (which feels like weeks ago) DFather and I had just gotten fast passes to little mermaid and now had some time kill, so why not spent it with the dead? :lmao:

Yup, ladies and gentlemen we were heading over to my all time favorite Disney attraction the Haunted Mansion! On our way over we passed by the new Tangled Bathroom so of course I had to take pictures of it.

106-NewFantasayland.jpg

th_107-RepunzulsBathroomarea.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/xoem22xo/Disney%202013/th_108-RupunzelsTower.jpg[/IMGsome ]
Her tower, isn’t it beautiful? Maybe one day by hair will be long enough for Flynn Rider to climb up…Just kidding, that hair would be heavy and imagine how painful it would be to have some guy climbing up your hair. No thank you!

[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/xoem22xo/Disney%202013/th_110-DaCastle.jpg
The first castle picture of the trip! I know it’s the fourth day and I only had one picture!

th_111-LibertySquare.jpg

As we were appoarching my favorite ride we saw there was CM holding a sign telling you where the line started…that’s how long the line was and how crowded the park was. To give you an idea, the picture about was from the end of the line.

But as we all know the Haunted Mansion’s line moves fast and I had my camera to keep entertained as we walked through! And the Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, I probably could spend a whole day riding it and not get bored. I’m just in love with it!

112-HauntedMansion.jpg

Sorry I don’t know what that blue strip was, it happened when I uploaded on to photo bucket.

th_113-HauntedMansion.jpg

114-HauntedMansion.jpg

115-HauntedMansion.jpg

116-HauntedMansion.jpg

117-HauntedMansion.jpg

118-HauntedMansion.jpg

HauntedMainson.jpg

HauntedMansion2.jpg

HauntedMansion3.jpg

picstitichedinstagramed.jpg

This is my all time favorite Disney detail so of course I had to take a picture with it! I love anything with my name in it. LOL

After leaving my happy place within my happy place we headed to grab fast passes for my other MK favorite, one that I missed last time. Any guesses what that could be?

Continue to Next Post

Hello All! Im back and ready to do another installment of this Trip Report. I want to apologize that this day is broken up into so many posts but I took so many pictures. I also want to apologize that some of the pictures are so small. Photobucket has a new setting that Im still trying to get use to.

Were Going Unda the Sea!

When we last left off were running over to grab fast passes for my other Magic Kingdom favorite, Big Thunder Mountain. We ran over there and it was almost impossible to get to the fast passes distribution the Splash Mountain bridge was so congested. I did get one picture from this adventure.

119-SplashMountain.jpg

Once we finally obtained our fast passes we headed back over to the new Fantasyland to use our fast passes on The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. With our fast passes it was walk on there, was no line on the fast pass line. Please enjoy the pictures of the queue and the view pictures I got on the ride.

120-LittleMermaid.jpg
[

122-LittleMermaid.jpg

123-LittleMermaid.jpg

124-LittleMermaid.jpg

125-LittleMermaid.jpg

126-LittleMermaid.jpg

127-LittleMermaid.jpg

th_129-LittleMermaid.jpg

The view of the castle

130-LittleMermaid.jpg

IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/xoem22xo/Disney%202013/LittleMermaid.jpg[/IMG]
This is the only picture that I got on the ride and it was the background on my phone for about month.

While we were on the ride our clam stopped twice, the first one was right before the Under the Sea scene and I got short video of it, Im sorry that the quality isnt all the great, but you can check it out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU8qEa9ZSM&list=PLpJ1VOvsMgUZvJLyB6k7QRo9Zv62Eofqo&index=1

Thats it for today, my next post will be the last one with picture over load.

Continue in the Next Post

The whole area around the Little Mermaid ride is so pretty, they did such a great job on that new castle!

Be Ouuuuur Guest, Be Our Guest, Put Our Service to the Test!

When we left off we had just finish going Unda the Sea and now it was time to see the Beasts Castle! I was so excited even though the line was looong. It was still pretty cold so at least we werent waiting in the long line in the heat.

I tweeted: Lunch at be our guest>>>> #excitment #disneynerd

131-Gastons.jpg

Gastons

132-BeOurGuest.jpg

133-BeOurGuest.jpg

134-BeOurGuest.jpg

If you notice the cast member along the line, she had menus that they let guest look at while they wait in line. I feel like that is such a good idea.

135-BeOurGuest.jpg

136-BellesHouse.jpg

Belles cottage. We didnt go into Belles house. But what I dont understand is it like the old Mickey and Minnie houses in Toon Town or is show or ride? If you know let me know.

th_137-BeOurGuest.jpg

Were almost there. While we were waiting there were twins about 3 or 4 years old. The little girl was dressed as Cinderella and the little boy was dressed as prince charming. They were adorable.

I tweeted: The little boy dressed up as Prince charming is toooo cute

139-BeOurGuest.jpg

Outside the door

Before I show you guys the pictures from inside I was apologize for how bad the quality is, I couldnt figure out to set my flash to get good pictures. But I promise that BOG is beautiful.

140-BeOurGuest.jpg

In the waiting room.

141-BeOurGuest.jpg

We decide to sat in the rose room. I took a picture of me and DFather in front of the rose but it came out so badly that I couldnt share it, but I did get picture of the Beasts painting.

142-BeOurGuest.jpg

I dont know what DFather got but I got the Croque Monsuir and chocolate cupcake. Both were good but the cupcake was pure heaven.

instagramedcupcake.jpg

After we finished eating we explored the other room a little bit. When they give you the rose, they tell you to go straight to your table and to explore afterwards because of how fast the food comes out.

143-BeOurGuest.jpg

The Chandelier was bigger than the doors so they had to bring it in to the ballroom in multiple pieces.

145-BeOurGuest.jpg

146-BeOurGuest.jpg

147-BeOurGuest.jpg

148-BeOurGuest.jpg

150-BeOurGuest.jpg

The light in the library, it thought it was beautiful.

151-BeOurGuest.jpg

152-BeOurGuest.jpg

I compete loved BOG and cant wait to go back. I hope next time I go is for dinner time because I really want to try the gray stuff.

Continue in the Next Post

Short, Sweet and With Very Few Pictures

Hello All! My summer is over in a little less than a week! I thought I would be done with this TR before I went back to school but I was wrong. Today’s post is going to be a lot of writing a very little pictures because for some reason I didn’t take any pictures. Sorry.

After lunch at Be Our Guest we headed over Philharmagic which is one of my favorite shows at Disney. I love seeing all the classic Disney movie and hearing the music. And I may or may not have sang along and danced in my seat.

Next my history nerd came out and we went to see Hall of Presidents. I prefer the American Adventure but I do enjoy Hall of President. I also like looking at the artifacts that they have in the lobby.

Finally it was time to use our fast passes on BTMRR and I was excited that is my favorite rollcoaster. I know compared to some it’s pretty tame but I still love it.

After BTMRR we headed to Tomorrowland and went to see Monster Inc. Laugh Floor. Every time I go on that ride I want to be one of the people they interview or that go up on the screen but I never am.

People mover was our next ride and I took two pictures while we rode. Enjoy.

554504_10200728377201326_6092659_n.jpg

17733_10200728377401331_90395443_n.jpg

I love the people mover, I actually am pretty sure that I know the whole script by heart.

The Carousel of Progress as our next destination. Who doesn’t love the show and doesn’t break out singing “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow?”

Well that’s for tonight. I’ll be back with another update soon.

Continue to the Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter