Im looking for a laptop

Starbrite

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to buy my son a new laptop for Christmas. Unfortunately, we were out of town over Thanksgiving so I wasnt able to take advantage of any Black Friday specials. Also, I know nothing about laptops!!

Whatever we get, we will need to be able to add Microsoft Office since its a requirement in school. Otherwise, it'll just be for your basic high school kid...surfing the internet, music, etc. So I dont think we have any special requests.

Has anyone seen a half-decent laptop out there, reasonably priced (Maybe the $400-$450 range?) that you would recommend?

I have this one and love it....

ASUS i5 Laptop

Its $499 on Amazon, but it is seriously the best laptop I ever owned. Plus it has the Intel i5 CPU which I am told is good. You can get the same laptop with the Intel i3 processor that should fit within your budget....

Good luck! :)

When looking for a decent price, I'm always very partial to geeks, and have typically been happy with Dell over the years:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-LATITUDE-E5420-13R&cat=NBB

I'm not a fan of many of the new AMD processors, that are great for value, but fall really short on performance; personally, I wouldn't buy the HP for that reason, but to each their own.

The Asus mentioned by PP looks pretty nice, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter