I'm just wondering how Disney compares

Royal has GREAT returning cruiser perks. I'm Gold on Royal - after my next cruise I will be Platinum - and I already get more perks than being Gold on Disney gets me (well, my DH is Platinum). You have to get much further in NCL's and Princess's programs (only sailed on those) than Royal's to get benefit from it.

I love the 10% off on Disney but that's pretty much it.

I think that is a much better idea, how many nights than how many cruises. I can just see the arguments if DCL decided to go this way. :rolleyes1

A lot of people would rather see number of nights instead of number of cruises. Currently a DCL 2-night cruise to nowhere counts the same as a 15-day cruise through the Panama Canal. When this argument came up a few years ago, someone pointed out that we could do more Dream cruises (yawn) to get our numbers up. What's the point, when the platinum perks leave much to be desired.

Personally, I wish DCL would count number of cruises AND number of nights or some sort of combination involving both.

I think that is a much better idea, how many nights than how many cruises. I can just see the arguments if DCL decided to go this way. :rolleyes1
A lot of lines switched from number of cruises to number of nights, but they grandfathered in anyone who was already at that level. Then to get to the next level you had to reach that number of nights.

Say the new levels were 3 nights for Silver, 40 nights for Gold and 80 nights for Platinum.

Someone who has taken 5, 3 night cruises would have 15 nights but be Gold in the old program. Then they would be Gold in the new program as they had been grandfathered, but they would need to cruise 65 more nights to become Platinum in the new program. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I agree that number of nights makes more sense.

A lot of lines switched from number of cruises to number of nights, but they grandfathered in anyone who was already at that level. Then to get to the next level you had to reach that number of nights.

Say the new levels were 3 nights for Silver, 40 nights for Gold and 80 nights for Platinum.

Someone who has taken 5, 3 night cruises would have 15 nights but be Gold in the old program. Then they would be Gold in the new program as they had been grandfathered, but they would need to cruise 65 more nights to become Platinum in the new program. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I agree that number of nights makes more sense.
Totally makes sense. We had 53 nights by the time we completed 5 cruises, since we prefer the longer ones. That's equivalent to 12-17 3/4 night cruises.

Totally makes sense. We had 53 nights by the time we completed 5 cruises, since we prefer the longer ones. That's equivalent to 12-17 3/4 night cruises.
That is a lot of long cruises! I have done 48 nights over 9 cruises, with four 7 night, one 5 night, three 4 night and one 3 night. (If DCL decided to do this, and give double points for suites, then we would have 52 nights/points/whatever you want to call it!.) I need one more for Platinum... we are hoping for a TA rate for the Dream but it's not looking likely.

That is a lot of long cruises! I have done 48 nights over 9 cruises, with four 7 night, one 5 night, three 4 night and one 3 night. (If DCL decided to do this, and give double points for suites, then we would have 52 nights/points/whatever you want to call it!.) I need one more for Platinum... we are hoping for a TA rate for the Dream but it's not looking likely.
We're coming up on Platinum. When we complete our next cruise, we'll have 85 nights. That's one 15 night, one 14 night, one 10 night, four 7 night, one 5 night, and one 4 night cruises. Then, hopefully, it's all moot for us. As long as, if they change the levels, we get grandfathered. :worried:

Seriously? Did you even read the list of perks on RCCL?

Perks for Disney:

Silver (after completing 1 cruise)
  • Early access to reserve activities (90 days prior to sailing)
  • Separate Check-in line in terminal
  • Welcome Back Gift
Gold (after completing 5 cruises)
  • Early access to reserve activities (120 days prior to sailing)
  • Separate Check-in line in terminal
  • Welcome Back Gift
  • Castaway Club Reception on sailings 4+ nights
  • Merchandise discount on select items
Platinum (after completing 10 cruises)
  • Early access to reserve activities (105 days prior to sailing)
  • Priority check-in at concierge desk
  • Welcome Back Gift
  • Castaway Club Reception on sailings 4+ nights
  • Merchandise discount on select items
  • Priority Boarding after concierge guests
  • Complimentary Dinner at Palo
**************************************************************************************************
Perks for Royal Caribbean:

The lists are so long it would take forever to get them all posted here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

Wow. Why, yes, I did....and I have been in the travel industry for 21 years and know what I know.
Just because you may not like my opinion, doesn't mean we need to question me.

That's why I wanted to verify with Heard02. I've read the list of perks for each cruise and it seemed to me no contest. That Disney fell WAY short in return cruiser perks when compared to others like RCCL, NCL and others.

I had just assumed that he/she was confused with what the question actually was. That it dealt with the perks packages and not the cruise itself.

I read the whole thread....and my opinion is Disney. Not confused over anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter