I'M JUST SHOWBOATIN' AROUND THE WORLD! & getting pooped on. Jan 13 TR! NEW TR POSTED!

:cheer2: DVC! Congrats!

I'm excited for Magic Bands too!!!

Those ARE big fish, I'm going to look for them now, haha.

Can you believe I have never been on Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress OR the People Mover???!!! :sad2: This time I'm going to stick up for myself and say "we're going on these rides you think are lame and crappy whether you want to or not!" I won't just trust my friends to guide me!

Still seems like you had a nice last day :)

CONGRATS on the DVC membership! Welcome to the family! :flower3:

I can't wait to hear about your MagicBands testing. :thumbsup2

Congrats on the DVC ownership...seriously what an awesome feeling...you actually OWN some of the magic now! I can't wait to experience it myself a few years down the line.

Now when you check in during your trips and they say "Welcome Home", it's for real!

I can't believe they didn't want to ride the PeopleMover...who passes up that opportunity to explore the world of tomorrow from the comfort of a moving easy chair?! Oh well...I guess if everybody loved it, I'd complain b/c it wouldn't be a walk-on!

I am really excited about the prospect of breakfast in France, especially after seeing your pics! I think the idea of being in the World Showcase during the quiet of the morning seems just lovely. What time did it open when you were there, do you recall?

You guys are getting so close to your September trip...have SO much fun!

WOOO HOOO DVC!! I will definitely ask you lots of questions when Matt and I are at the point of buying (which we definitely want to do) but it probably won't be for a few more years.

I love that picture of the balloons on Main Street! I have a very similar picture set as my phone background.

Carousel of Progress and the Peoplemover are both so awesome! I mean, you get to sit, but you're also moving! How awesome is that?!? :cool1:

Awesome updates as alwayyys!!! I always look forward to reading them. One thing I have to say.. Matt's tattoo is AMAZING! That is some dedication to the HM right there! I bet he is proud of it. It is sad that your TR is coming to an end, but I am definitely going to enjoy reading your next TR to see how you like not having the dining plan. I was on the fence about getting it but decided since we really don't know much about what parks we want to go to the most, I decided it's probably best we don't get the DP and make just 2-3 ressies and eat CS the rest of the time.

I really hope the new FP thing doesn't come into play for our trip in January! I am overwhelmed as it is and to think about making reservations for rides right now is a little much for me to figure out. :eek: I haven't been reading up on it much lately since I'm still in the somewhat beginning stages of planning (still :rolleyes:) but that will be nice to read and see how you felt about it!

ETA: Congrats on becoming DVC members!! That is on our bucket list someday, but not sure when that is going to happen! My aunt and uncle are DVC members so we've been talking about it for a while. The most we've done so far is getting AP's for Disneyland. :)

image.jpg

Congratulations! And now I can go back and read the update!

Ok, I'm back.

So, I'm still really torn on the whole magic band thing... Or resort is one that is testing, but I've read some pretty negative reviews on it and it just makes me so apprehensive. Like, what if something goes wrong and I spend precious time (meeting new disfriends, naturally) at Guest Relations? I wouldn't say that I've lost sleep over it, but it's definitely a concern I have.

Man, the last park blues. That makes me so sad. But wanna know what makes me happy?!

3 WEEKS!!! just 3 short weeks until Disney time!!! I'm so excited to meet you and Matt!!! Like ridiculous amounts excited!

I have to tell you that I'm in Disney now and the iPad photo taking is rampant. I saw a guy recording the Tiki Room with his iPad...I mean, it's a great show, but that's totally unnecessary!

CoP is also one of my faves. I love it because it's very Walt, which I know isn't an adjective but it should be! My dad napped during it today though, so he got a stern talking-to from me!

I love the photo of the balloons!

And congrats on your DVC ownership!!

Congrats on becoming DVC owners!! I have been thinking a lot lately about getting a DVC contract resale... Even though we are Wyndham owners, I think it would be great to have DVC for our Disney trips and use Wyndham for our "other" trip we take every year, since we usually end up doing one non-Disney week somewhere in addition to Disney. Ah, someday... :cloud9:

On to the update...

That picture of the balloons with a blurry Main Street is perfection!

I love Carousel of Progress too! I'm priming DS for it again by playing the song in the car a lot. :rotfl: And another fav, the TTA! I can't believe Bruce & Amy opted out. :faint: JAW. DROP.

Yay for DIS meets! I'm hoping to have a few of those myself in October. Usually I'm too nervous & awkward, so I hope it turns out well. :goodvibes

Ayayayayay for being official DVC members!! I really need to look more into that! I know that I'll probably end up renting points for a future trip, but I'm not sure about the actual "being a member" thing, don't know a whole lot about it yet!

Yay? For MagicBands? Lol, from what you've explained, it looks like it's pretty awesome! I know there's a few people who got to customize theirs for Sept's trip, but I don't think FQ is in on that "test" and I'm totally okay with that!

Walking into MK is magical no matter how many times you've done it, or what time of day it is! One of my favorite parts of your trip video is when you guys had first walked in and were videoing reactions, definitely something I plan to do with my video!! :D

Yay for Peoplemover! I have to admit, I've never actually been on the COP! Shocking, I know, maybe I'll have to ride with you in Sept to see what it's all about! :flower3: hahah

Nice dismeet! I hate those ones where you thinkk it's them but can't really tell kinda thing. As we were walking into FOTLK one trip we walked by a family and I was all "That looked just like Shannon and Maddie..." and 10. mins later realized it was... :rotfl:

YAY!

I'm caught up on your Trip Report... Just as it is coming to an end... But then there will be a new one!!

Just some random thoughts as I can't remember everything!

Congrats on DVC!! That is exciting! If we didn't own other timeshares I'd be all over it!

Love your Meet and Greet with the Up characters! You look like it was a blast!

The Carciofi Pizza is the best thing ever! Can't wait to have it again in October!

I will HAVE to try the garlic cheese roll at Les Halles! It sounds awesome!

You have some amazing pictures!

Thats all I can think of at 1am after reading for a few hours lol.

Yay!! Congrats on officially becoming DVC members. I will send you a PM at some point since I have a few questions. I had no idea that COP was voiced by the guy from "A Christmas Story!" Love that movie, and that attraction.:love: I also love the Peoplemover, I mean how can you not!! Silly Bruce and Amy. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda :goodvibes

Yayy for you guys being official DVC members! That's so great and I'm glad you were able to do it. I've only read a little bit about the membership process because my DBF and I aren't at the financial point yet that we could consider it but I know 100% that we're going to want to do it! On our next trip after September, I really want to rent DVC points and I have a feeling once we do, we're always gonna want to stay DVC. :rotfl2: So, in the future, I'm sure I'm gonna have a billion questions about it!

Enjoy and I totally would buy all the merchandise too! :goodvibes

As you know from instagram, we are also testing magicbands and I think we got ours the same day! Now that I know about them, and that for this trip at least, we'll also have KTTW cards and can get regular FP, I'm excited! Now if only we could get Wishes/MSEP FP+!

Wow those ARE massive fish!

AH I KNEW THE GUY FROM COP sounded familiar! I love a Christmas Story!! Too coool.

I can't believe they skipped out on the peoplemover. Hmmm well everyone has to have a flaw, I guess this can be theirs! :rotfl2:

I'm so the worst at picking people out in crowds :rotfl: So I'm totally excited to meet everyone in September, but if I'm looking around going but where I don't see them!!... Yeah totally normal for me! SO excited though!!:woohoo:

Hi Dani
I just wanted to say that this is the second TR I've read from you and I LOVE them both!! Will be reading your DL one next. I was actually in Disney in Jan 2012 but I think earlier than you as we went just after the new year.
I think you are amazingly blessed to have a partner who loves Disney as much as you. I can't believe you get to fly all the way from Seattle (which is my favorite place I've lived ever...we are military and lived in Everett 4 years.) I currently live 3 hours away from the World, and still don't get there as much as I'd like to.
Also, your video is Ah Ma Zing!! You did such a great job on it, I love the music! I def need to take more video next trip because I NEED a video like that! Can't wait to read about your next adventure. And please tell Matt that I think he's absolutely adorable! You two are perfect! ::yes::

:love: Well, YAY for special friends! :goodvibes We cannot wait. We are just about at the freaking out point over here!!

The Carousel of Progress is also one of our major favorite things! We love it. I even love it after seeing the Halloween section three times in a row last trip; it just never gets old!

Uhm...Amy and Bruce sort of disappoint me here, and I adore them. :sad2: How could anyone skip out on PeopleMovin'!?!? I'm glad she got to hear SSE in English, though, so the whole day was not a loss for her.

I know I said it already, but congratulations again on your DVC Ownership. I will definitely be asking you a million questions here in a few weeks when we have some face time together. TOGETHER!!!!!!!! EEEEP!!! :banana:

YAY for special friends, indeed!! I know, we are so so excited, I can't believe how close our trips are!

CoP is just the best. And I'm not sure how I would do with seeing the same scene 3 times, hahaha. But it doesn't get old!

I KNOW, I just didn't understand! It was weird. I think maybe because they are more focused on the big rides? Meanwhile, I could ride the PeopleMover all day long.

Thanks lady!! But yes, feel free to ask a bajillion questions for sure! And yeah, together, kind of insane, right?! I'd say so.

I had no idea that Jean Shephard was the voice of John! I LOVE 'A Christmas Story'! Between this and the Bea Arthur (love her!) bust, I have learned so much from your trip report!! :goodvibes

Apparently I love a lot of things because I also love the People Mover! It is our go-to ride! :woohoo:

Hahaha yeah he is! Total fun facts galore! :goodvibes

The PeopleMover is just the best! I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the PeopleMover shirt they had a few years ago, ugh.

So it's been awhile since I've commented but trust me, I've been here following along silently. I know it was awhile ago, but I just wanted to say that the coloring on Matt's tattoo is awesome! I loved it before, but the colors are just so fantastic!

Last day? So sad! But I'm excited to read your next TR's. not that I want your trips to fly by....I just love reading your reports. You guys are so cute and your writing is so fun to read.

Hey--in that picture of you on the monorail, I totally have those Mickey Mouse earrings! I wanted them so bad when i saw them on disneystore.com so I asked for them for Christmas. I kept going online and looking at them and loving them more and more. I kept "reminding" (ok, possibly nagging) my DH and he kept saying "what earrings? Oh, oh yeah. I forgot about those. I know, I know". Then one day I went online and they were out of stock! I was so sad. When Christmas came there were no earring size boxes under the tree, but the last gift I opened had a little box inside and, I could barely contain my excitement, Mickey earrings!! My husband, what a tricker! But I adore them and always get lots of compliments on them.

I LOVE that picture with the balloons and the castle. I never seem to get a picture of the balloons that I like so I just admire all the gorgeous ones I see on here.

Congratulations on your DVC membership and magicband testing. I'm nervous about those and the FP+ stuff so I'll be waiting to hear what you guys thought!

And, I have to admit, we have never done the people mover. I'm not sure why, but it's on our list for this trip!

Sorry this got so long!:rolleyes1

Oh it's all good, trust me, I know how it can be when you just read and don't necessarily have time to comment! But Matt appreciates the tattoo compliment for sure!

I know, I'm bummed out it's over, but also pretty happy because it means my next trip is super soon, and then another TR to write! YAY! But thank you so much for the wonderful compliment, it makes writing these TRs SO worth it.

OMG, so funny, I got those earrings for Christmas, too! I'm glad your husband got them for youm he IS a trickster! Hahaha. I get tons of compliments on them, they're my favorite!

Aw thanks! I was very happy I captured that photo!

Ahh thanks, I think they're going to end up being pretty awesome because we have the MagicBands and FP+, PLUS we can still use the normal FP system. So even if there are issues, it should be okay! If anything we get bonus FPs!

You have to do the PeopleMover, it's the best! So relaxing and the best way to rest your feet in MK!

No worries at all, I appreciate your comment!

Congratulations Dani and Matt on your DVC membership. :yay:

Wait... are you sure those aren't whales?

Yeah I have to completely agree. All the parks are fab, but there is just nothing like walking into Magic Kingdom. Nothing.

That photo with the balloons is AWESOME!!!!! That should be in a brochure. :love:

No wanting to ride the Peoplemover is not awesome. ;)

Thank yooouuuuu! We are super pumped about it!

HAHAHA, seriously, they were huge! I had no idea Epcot started keeping whales in their water!

Yup, I'm glad you understand what I'm saying!

Aw thanks Rob! I thought it was a good one. I don't usually come home with a ton of favorites, but I did like that one!

No, no it is not. But Matt and I enjoyed our ride on it!

Congrats on becoming official DVC members!! That's very exciting news!

And for the record, Carousel of Progress was one of my favorite attractions as a kid too! Something about going through each time period was so awesome to me haha

Thank you, it really is exciting news! We're super excited about it!!

CoP was mind-blowing to my 6 year old self, I swear, hahaha. I still just adore it!

We ALWAYS make fun of Professional IPad Paparazzi. I seriously don't get it.

THIS is why I love Disney: "Here You Leave Today and Enter The World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy"

Thank you for posting that picture!!!! :goodvibes

Hahaha, I don't understand it at all. It's just so bizarre to me, especially since the iPad camera is TERRIBLE! It takes really awful photos, so why people bring it around the parks with them is just puzzling to me. But I guess I'm cool with it as long as it's not blocking my view.

Yes, I so agree... you entering a world of total happiness! I can't wait to be back in the Disney World bubble again. 18 days!

I'm SO excited for you guys finally being DVC official! And super jealous that y'all get to test MagicBands before us! Haha

Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!! We love you guys and our serendipitous friendship!! And I think you mean my "Fantasmic!" UP tattoo.... But it's probably because we're the exact same amount of awesome.

I can't even comprehend that in practically three weeks, you will be here. Re-freaking-diculous. I was thoroughly convinced at one point we'd be stuck at your 100day mark for all of eternity.

I'm going to go cry out of happiness now.

Also, I keep thinking about how funny it would have been for you to wave at us on the way up the people mover and have it not be us and am reminded about how funny I thought it would be if Bruce and Amy had the wrong door they were planking in front of.

Thanks lady! We're obviously beyond excited, and the MagicBands are going to hopefully be fun to test!

Psshhhh yes, Fantasmic is exactly what I meant. We're basically the awesomest, period.

I KNOW. It's kind of freaking me out that we'll be there so soon! EEEEEEE. I'm super excited about also just nervous because I always get that way and feel like there's so much to do and blahblahblah. But I'm like 99% excited.

Hahahaha, that would have been so awkward. And yes, or if some random people were getting ready to go to the parks and walked past them planking in front of our door! Hahaha.

Congrats on your DVC membership!!!!

I love COP too! It's classic Disney and one of the first things we do on every trip!!!

Thanks so much! And I love CoP. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up going on it more than normal this trip, due to it having AC and it being warm while we're there!

Sorry I haven't commented lately, I'm still here, just lurking mostly, it's hard for me to be on the DIS when I have no idea what's happening with my upcoming trip! It just makes me so sad lately! :sad:

But congrats on your DVC membership! :cool1::cool1::cool1: I hope to be a DVC owner someday, it's pretty much impossible now, but maybe when I'm like, 60 or something! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Haaave you seen my lack of comments on other people's TRs? Ugh, I feel like the worst. But I'm just really trying to get this TR done so I can catch up on TRs before we go on our trip! I understand what you mean though, sometimes you just kind of need time away/get pretty bummed out... and I'm sorry, I wish you were going to be there in September!

Thanks so much. You never know. It took us a few years of saving money, and I think that's a great way to do it. There ARE smaller contracts you can buy that aren't as much as some of the crazy ones that people somehow afford!

Hooooooray for DVC and (pink) Magic Bands! Ahh that's an awesome picture on Main Street. Love it. Hmm, no love for the CoP OR the PeopleMover? I don't know what to think. And yay for a FUN Dismeet! ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

Thanks! I figured you'd enjoy the pink, hahaha. Yeah, I was a little saddened by that. But I think sometimes people can really enjoy Disney, but not be as into it as you or me, which is probably the category Bruce and Amy fall into. But whatever, I love them both!

:cheer2: DVC! Congrats!

I'm excited for Magic Bands too!!!

Those ARE big fish, I'm going to look for them now, haha.

Can you believe I have never been on Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress OR the People Mover???!!! :sad2: This time I'm going to stick up for myself and say "we're going on these rides you think are lame and crappy whether you want to or not!" I won't just trust my friends to guide me!

Still seems like you had a nice last day :)

Thank you!

I know, they are SO neat-looking!! I took video of us opening the bands.. or well, Matt took it of me, hahaha. I'll probably toss it into the beginning of our video for September's trip!

OMG, you have SO much to ride this next trip! Those are 3 of my absolute favorites to go on! They aren't lame at all. They're honestly relaxing and it's a great way to get a break from being on your feet running around!

We were having a great last day, even though it was a bit sad!

CONGRATS on the DVC membership! Welcome to the family! :flower3:

I can't wait to hear about your MagicBands testing. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! It feels great to be DVC members. I can't wait to get our membership stuff in the mail! I'm hoping it comes in this week!

I can't wait to try it out! It should be a lot of fun to test it. I'm already having fun making our FP+ reservations!

Congrats on the DVC ownership...seriously what an awesome feeling...you actually OWN some of the magic now! I can't wait to experience it myself a few years down the line.

Now when you check in during your trips and they say "Welcome Home", it's for real!

I can't believe they didn't want to ride the PeopleMover...who passes up that opportunity to explore the world of tomorrow from the comfort of a moving easy chair?! Oh well...I guess if everybody loved it, I'd complain b/c it wouldn't be a walk-on!

I am really excited about the prospect of breakfast in France, especially after seeing your pics! I think the idea of being in the World Showcase during the quiet of the morning seems just lovely. What time did it open when you were there, do you recall?

You guys are getting so close to your September trip...have SO much fun!

Thank you so very much! We are so happy to be DVC members. I think what I like most about it is knowing we can book a trip every year. I don't have to have that sad feeling of "when is our next trip?"... It's a great feeling knowing we'll be back.. and that we can even check out places like Aulani!

And I know! It's so awesome to walk in and really be HOME! YAY!

I don't know! I just love the PeopleMover because you get to rest your feet... while enjoying a nice breeze, AND whipping through Tomorrowland! It doesn't get any better. But I'm glad it's not as popular as other rides, since it's one of my favorites!

Oh man, you are going to love going there and eating! We walked in both mornings around 9-9:30ish, right after the park opened. CMs used to stand with the ropes up near the France bridge, but now they only stand so you can't walk past France. I think one of the mornings a CM tried to warn us World Showcase wasn't open, but we told her we were just getting breakfast. I think they weren't used to people heading to France first thing instead of Future World, hahaha.

I know, I can't believe how close our trip is!! YAY!

WOOO HOOO DVC!! I will definitely ask you lots of questions when Matt and I are at the point of buying (which we definitely want to do) but it probably won't be for a few more years.

I love that picture of the balloons on Main Street! I have a very similar picture set as my phone background.

Carousel of Progress and the Peoplemover are both so awesome! I mean, you get to sit, but you're also moving! How awesome is that?!? :cool1:

WOOOOOHOOOOO indeed! We're pumped! Please ask questions, I'd love to help in any way I can! I have learned a LOT about DVC through this process, mostly dealing with resales and deed stuff and all that. We saved our money up to be able to purchase our contract, but it's now totally worth it the years of waiting!

Thanks! I thought it came out pretty awesome. I hope I get more like that in September!

I so agree, they're both amazing attractions. I think we'll be doing them a lot when it's hot out in September, especially CoP!

Awesome updates as alwayyys!!! I always look forward to reading them. One thing I have to say.. Matt's tattoo is AMAZING! That is some dedication to the HM right there! I bet he is proud of it. It is sad that your TR is coming to an end, but I am definitely going to enjoy reading your next TR to see how you like not having the dining plan. I was on the fence about getting it but decided since we really don't know much about what parks we want to go to the most, I decided it's probably best we don't get the DP and make just 2-3 ressies and eat CS the rest of the time.

I really hope the new FP thing doesn't come into play for our trip in January! I am overwhelmed as it is and to think about making reservations for rides right now is a little much for me to figure out. :eek: I haven't been reading up on it much lately since I'm still in the somewhat beginning stages of planning (still :rolleyes:) but that will be nice to read and see how you felt about it!

ETA: Congrats on becoming DVC members!! That is on our bucket list someday, but not sure when that is going to happen! My aunt and uncle are DVC members so we've been talking about it for a while. The most we've done so far is getting AP's for Disneyland. :)

Thanks so much! And yes, Matt is a HUGE HM fan! It's funny, at this point I'm kind of excited for my TR to be over, but only because I am SO excited about our next trip! We're doing so many new things, and it's also going to be laid back... I just can't wait!

The Dining Plan is great if you like to eat at the pricier places and can be a good value.. but it can also be a not great value if you don't really like sitting down every day. Plus, if someone gets sick (like Bruce and Amy did), you can have a LOT of catching up to do in eating your credits, which usually ends up being a waste. It'll be interesting to see how we do without the dining plan, since it's our first time without it!

Honestly, I think the MagicBand will be out by then. But don't fret, so far, my experiences with it have been pretty okay. I like the flexibility in choosing our times for FPs, and being able to choose times now, or even the day of is pretty nice. We'll see how it goes when we're there, but thus far, they're actually pretty snazzy! This coming from someone who was against them initially.

Thanks so much! Becoming DVC members is such a great feeling. We did the DL/WDW APs this year, though I don't think that'll happen again since I'm not sure when we'll be heading to WDW twice in a year again (but you never know!)... We'll see what we end up doing for next year!

snipping your image

Congratulations! And now I can go back and read the update!

Ok, I'm back.

So, I'm still really torn on the whole magic band thing... Or resort is one that is testing, but I've read some pretty negative reviews on it and it just makes me so apprehensive. Like, what if something goes wrong and I spend precious time (meeting new disfriends, naturally) at Guest Relations? I wouldn't say that I've lost sleep over it, but it's definitely a concern I have.

Man, the last park blues. That makes me so sad. But wanna know what makes me happy?!

3 WEEKS!!! just 3 short weeks until Disney time!!! I'm so excited to meet you and Matt!!! Like ridiculous amounts excited!

DUDE, I DIED WHEN SAW YOUR POST... because that was what I was referring to! Hahahha, so so amazing!

I've actually been hearing good reviews about the MagicBands, so it'll definitely be interesting to see how it goes. Here's my thing: no matter what, I have my AP to get me into the park, so if something goes wrong with my MB, I just use my card to get in. We also have access to the normal FastPass machines, so that helps, too. I guess I'm just not too worried about it because if something does go wrong and there's a bug, it shouldn't affect our time too much. If we show up and our FP+ reservations disappear, that would be annoying, but it's not like we'd even have them normally anyway since we're testing these things out. I was in the camp of people who didn't want them, but I've become much more open-minded to at least test them, especially since the FastPass machines are still around.

Last day park blues are the worst... BUT HAVING A VACATION SO SOON IS THE BEST. Seriously, so awesome. I can't even wait, get me there now!

I have to tell you that I'm in Disney now and the iPad photo taking is rampant. I saw a guy recording the Tiki Room with his iPad...I mean, it's a great show, but that's totally unnecessary!

CoP is also one of my faves. I love it because it's very Walt, which I know isn't an adjective but it should be! My dad napped during it today though, so he got a stern talking-to from me!

I love the photo of the balloons!

And congrats on your DVC ownership!!

Hahhaa, oh God, that is highly unfortunate! I can't believe someone recorded the Tiki Room.. ON THEIR IPAD! Hahaha, what the heck?!

CoP is wonderful, but I feel like people always nap in there! How can they?! They're missing out on a great big beautiful tomorrow!!

Thank you very much on both fronts, we're super excited!

Congrats on becoming DVC owners!! I have been thinking a lot lately about getting a DVC contract resale... Even though we are Wyndham owners, I think it would be great to have DVC for our Disney trips and use Wyndham for our "other" trip we take every year, since we usually end up doing one non-Disney week somewhere in addition to Disney. Ah, someday... :cloud9:

On to the update...

That picture of the balloons with a blurry Main Street is perfection!

I love Carousel of Progress too! I'm priming DS for it again by playing the song in the car a lot. :rotfl: And another fav, the TTA! I can't believe Bruce & Amy opted out. :faint: JAW. DROP.

Yay for DIS meets! I'm hoping to have a few of those myself in October. Usually I'm too nervous & awkward, so I hope it turns out well. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! The resales can be pretty nice to get since they're like half the price of a normal direct contract... But I think the resales are going to see an increase in the per point cost due to WDW increasing the cost per point for direct contracts on their older resorts. But yeah, we love having it!

Thank you, I love that photo, as well!

Haha, I hope Paxton loves CoP! He's the cutest! And yeah, I have no idea why they opted out, but their loss!

Aw that's going to be so much fun! I'm kind of the same way, but I'm more excited than anything else. It should be a great time!

Congrats on becoming DVC owners. :)

Thanks, we are so thrilled!

Ayayayayay for being official DVC members!! I really need to look more into that! I know that I'll probably end up renting points for a future trip, but I'm not sure about the actual "being a member" thing, don't know a whole lot about it yet!

Yay? For MagicBands? Lol, from what you've explained, it looks like it's pretty awesome! I know there's a few people who got to customize theirs for Sept's trip, but I don't think FQ is in on that "test" and I'm totally okay with that!

Walking into MK is magical no matter how many times you've done it, or what time of day it is! One of my favorite parts of your trip video is when you guys had first walked in and were videoing reactions, definitely something I plan to do with my video!! :D

Yay for Peoplemover! I have to admit, I've never actually been on the COP! Shocking, I know, maybe I'll have to ride with you in Sept to see what it's all about! :flower3: hahah

Nice dismeet! I hate those ones where you thinkk it's them but can't really tell kinda thing. As we were walking into FOTLK one trip we walked by a family and I was all "That looked just like Shannon and Maddie..." and 10. mins later realized it was... :rotfl:

YAY!

YAY THANKS!! It's awesome and super exciting. I'd highly suggest you look into renting points to just get a feel for it... but be warned... you'll be spoiled by it and will never want to stay at non-DVC resorts again, hahaha.

MBs I think will be pretty neat. I didn't like them at first, but now that I'm seeing how it works, I like it. I'm excited to test them out in a few weeks!

I agree, walking into MK always makes me SO happy. And yeah, Matt caught that whole thing, first time seeing it is always just the best.

PeopleMover is the best, and you need to do CoP! It's such a classic and I love how Walt was involved with it, you can really tell while you're watching it.

Hahaha, it was hysterical just because I couldn't see behind the pole.. but then we found them while on the PeopleMover, no big dea or anything, hahaha.

I'm caught up on your Trip Report... Just as it is coming to an end... But then there will be a new one!!

Just some random thoughts as I can't remember everything!

Congrats on DVC!! That is exciting! If we didn't own other timeshares I'd be all over it!

Love your Meet and Greet with the Up characters! You look like it was a blast!

The Carciofi Pizza is the best thing ever! Can't wait to have it again in October!

I will HAVE to try the garlic cheese roll at Les Halles! It sounds awesome!

You have some amazing pictures!

Thats all I can think of at 1am after reading for a few hours lol.

YAY! But that's okay, a new one is coming up soon!!!

Thank you so much, I'm so happy to be a member finally, YAY!

Aww I had the BEST time meeting Dug and Russell though! It was so cute.

I can't wait to eat that pizza again, too! It's my favorite, yum.

YES, the roll is a must-do! It's so so good... and thank you so much! I'm glad you caught up, and 1am means some dedication!

Yay!! Congrats on officially becoming DVC members. I will send you a PM at some point since I have a few questions. I had no idea that COP was voiced by the guy from "A Christmas Story!" Love that movie, and that attraction.:love: I also love the Peoplemover, I mean how can you not!! Silly Bruce and Amy. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda :goodvibes

Eeee, thanks! Feel free to send a PM whenever you'd like!

And yeah, I love that movie, and I love that Jean Shepard is the voice of John. And yes, the PeopleMover is the BEST. I don't know what he heck was up with them, but I was happy to go on it!

Yayy for you guys being official DVC members! That's so great and I'm glad you were able to do it. I've only read a little bit about the membership process because my DBF and I aren't at the financial point yet that we could consider it but I know 100% that we're going to want to do it! On our next trip after September, I really want to rent DVC points and I have a feeling once we do, we're always gonna want to stay DVC. :rotfl2: So, in the future, I'm sure I'm gonna have a billion questions about it!

Enjoy and I totally would buy all the merchandise too! :goodvibes

As you know from instagram, we are also testing magicbands and I think we got ours the same day! Now that I know about them, and that for this trip at least, we'll also have KTTW cards and can get regular FP, I'm excited! Now if only we could get Wishes/MSEP FP+!

Wow those ARE massive fish!

AH I KNEW THE GUY FROM COP sounded familiar! I love a Christmas Story!! Too coool.

I can't believe they skipped out on the peoplemover. Hmmm well everyone has to have a flaw, I guess this can be theirs! :rotfl2:

I'm so the worst at picking people out in crowds :rotfl: So I'm totally excited to meet everyone in September, but if I'm looking around going but where I don't see them!!... Yeah totally normal for me! SO excited though!!:woohoo:

YAY INDEED! And thanks! I so recommend renting points to see what DVC is like and if it's something you're interested in. It's a great way to get a feel for how it all works! I've never rented, but we used Matt's parents points and that is how we knew we needed to become members! But yes, it totally spoils you, hahaha.

I am so excited about the MBs, it's going to be fun, especially since we have access to normal FPs, as well! We actually were able to make FP+ reservations for MSEP. It looks like it's weekends-only, but check all of your days to see if you can make them. They popped up for me when I went to edit my selections!

Yup, that's him! I'm a huge Christmas Story fan!

Hahaha, we'll let that be their flaw, because yeah, I don't know what was going on!

I'm AWFUL as well, like seriously. Not good at it. So I feel your pain, hahaha. I can't wait!

Hi Dani
I just wanted to say that this is the second TR I've read from you and I LOVE them both!! Will be reading your DL one next. I was actually in Disney in Jan 2012 but I think earlier than you as we went just after the new year.
I think you are amazingly blessed to have a partner who loves Disney as much as you. I can't believe you get to fly all the way from Seattle (which is my favorite place I've lived ever...we are military and lived in Everett 4 years.) I currently live 3 hours away from the World, and still don't get there as much as I'd like to.
Also, your video is Ah Ma Zing!! You did such a great job on it, I love the music! I def need to take more video next trip because I NEED a video like that! Can't wait to read about your next adventure. And please tell Matt that I think he's absolutely adorable! You two are perfect! ::yes::

Awww this comment made me so happy! I hope you're enjoying my DL one, or enjoy it when you read it!

I really feel so lucky to have Matt who loves Disney so much! The flight from Seattle is a long one, but SO SO worth it every trip. We only fly direct, otherwise we'd be flying for 9-10 hours each time! No thanks, haha. That is awesome that you lived up in Everett!

And thank you! I am so excited to make a video of our September trip! It's a LOT of work to make one but so worth it because those are memories you can watch over and over again!

Thanks so much again for the wonderful comment, it totally made my day!

Chapter Fifty-Four: I'm never really ready to say goodbye.
Day 10: January 26th, 2013

On our way out of Tomorrowland, we also snagged some FastPasses for Buzz Lightyear, because, why not?!

Our dinner reservation was not far away, and soon enough we were checking into one of my favorite restaurants to eat at... a total classic...

Crystal Palace!

While we waited for our buzzer to go off, I took a photo of the castle and that fine-looking crane, in all its photo-ruining glory.

file_zpsc46f6ea2.jpg

Soon after, we were called inside and were seated on the right side of the restaurant... which was oddly a first for us! It felt a little bizarre, haha.

We were all pretty hungry, so we loaded up with lots of delicious food... and I honestly have no idea what the heck all of this was.

file_zps0467b8a1.jpg

file_zps6b30d1c1.jpg

It was good! Not mind-blowingly good, but good! I honestly prefer the breakfast at Crystal Palace way more than the dinner, but the dinner is a great option, too.

While we ate, the characters made their rounds and of course, it was mostly me meeting them...

file_zps226bb3aa.jpg

file_zpsc9923381.jpg

file_zpsc0394ac8.jpg

But Piglet was having NONE OF THIS. He wanted a photo with Amy, and so he got one!

file_zps62f16f74.jpg

This next photo cracks me up, because Amy looks so nervous staring at Piglet, like he is going to eat her or something, hahahaha.

file_zps7fbef8d3.jpg

Dessert this time was REALLY tasty. I am a big fan of anything involving apple crisp plus ice cream, so this was right up my alley.

file_zpsc339c7f7.jpg

We enjoyed our meal at Crystal Palace, like always, and I loved meeting some of my favorite characters!

After finishing dinner, we headed out of Crystal Palace, where it was getting dark, and the castle looked beautiful.

file_zps6a0670b8.jpg

We went back over to Buzz Lightyear since our Fast Passes were ready!

I beat everyone, wahooo! Not a bad score, either.

file_zps588fb2f7.jpg

I am DETERMINED to get 999,999 this next trip. Determined to make it happen!

Then our ride died on us, literally 10 feet from the exit. Buzz wasn't sure how he felt about this, either.

file_zps44392a15.jpg

We ended up stuck for around 5 minutes or so, and then we on our way into beautiful Tomorrowland...

file_zpsce0f72e5.jpg

Matt and I really wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion, while Bruce and Amy wanted to do Big Thunder Mountain, so we split up... and met up with Danni and Johnny again!

We ended up sitting outside of the queue talking for a while, because we just had so much to talk about! We basically see them as the younger version of us, in a way, haha. It's always awesome when you meet people you just click with right off the bat!

So of course, this called for a photo of Danni and me together!

file_zps88ba8418.jpg

We finally decided to go on Haunted Mansion, which had a pretty small wait... aaand the ride ended up stopping a lot, but we didn't totally mind! Plus, seeing that it was our final ride on Haunted Mansion, you can never have enough time!

After saying goodbye to the Haunted Mansion, I realized I hadn't done one of my favorite things to do every trip... EAT A MICKEY PREMIUM BAR!

So off we went, in search of some ice cream, and also a churro for Matt! Since he didn't get one the other night, we needed to make sure he got one, as well.

Fortunately, we found both in Frontierland, and I was so happy to have my Mickey Premium!

file_zps1a913166.jpg

file_zps72120443.jpg

There's a tradition of taking a photo of me with a Mickey Premium on every trip!

This is 2012:

334071_433460849943_1722874634_o_zps40cb0c72.jpg

And this is from our honeymoon in 2011:

167105_301920224943_3786339_n_zps13b84527.jpg

So yes, I was a happy lady, and Matt was happy eating his Churro, as well!

file_zps0b0852f7.jpg

Bruce and Amy came over and found us after riding Big Thunder. It was getting late and Wishes was beginning soon, so we decided to head towards the front of the park to get out before the crowds made the lines huge.

Instead of walking down Main Street, we used the "walk through the shops and avoid crowds" strategy. Partially to avoid crowds, but also because I needed to find a few things to bring back and send to my sister.

I have to say, I was feeling a bit sad that this was how we were leaving Magic Kingdom. Traditionally, Matt and I have always slowly walked down Main Street with not many people in the way, holding hands, and taking in the last moments of our Disney World vacation.

Instead, we were dodging crowds of people who were also using the same strategy as us, because Main Street was a hot mess, and searching for some last-minute gifts while trying not to lose each other, haha.

We finally found some fun little items for my sister, then headed out of Magic Kingdom one last time.

It was hard. Even though we were pretty sure we'd be back in September, I was feeling sad about leaving my home, the place where I'm happiest.

But we walked out with Danni and Johnny, and chatted about random stuff, which actually helped me feel less sad and kept my mind off of it all... otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would have cried.

I know I'm ridiculously fortunate to be able to go back again year after year, but it still doesn't make it any easier to leave.

Anyway, we split up from the two of them, since they needed to head back to the TTC, and we were headed for the buses.

It was SO awesome to finally meet them both because they're both fantastic people! Luckily, they're AP holders and live near Disney, so we're really looking forward to seeing them again in September during our trip, as well!

After our goodbyes, we caught a bus back (ended up standing since everyone else was leaving).

I'm not sure if it was on this trip back or a different one, but it's something that still cracks me up.

As you know, Disney turns off the lights on the buses at night, and most people are exhausted, maybe closing their eyes, maybe not. On the buses to Yacht and Beach Club, there are seagulls and very soft relaxing music playing, which makes sense for the theme of those resorts.

It's all great for the first 20 minutes you're driving, and then you pull into a Yacht Club, where the following occurs:

**Soft, pretty music, with ocean waves lightly crashing in the background, seagulls flying around**

CUE Motorcoach Man's voice about 80 decibels louder than the soft relaxing music

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS DISNEY'S YACHT CLUB RESORT

OH MY GOD, I think just about everyone on that bus jerked up when they heard him make his ridiculously loud announcement. But it made me laugh so hard (I don't think it was this bus trip back, but another night coming back from MK).

Anyway, we decided to get off at the Yacht Club so we could take our time heading back to our rooms.

I really wasn't ready to leave any of this...

file_zps4a668f29.jpg

file_zpsa3bb45d5.jpg

We'd had such a wonderful trip, so could you blame me here? I think not.

file_zps1e5347cb.jpg

file_zpsd932c789.jpg

Unfortunately, because we choose to take the early flight back to Seattle (so we have time to settle in before another week of work), Magical Express was coming to pick us up at 4:30am.

I'm one of those people who doesn't do very well if I don't get enough sleep, so we needed to get back to finish packing and get SOME sleep before our 6 hour flight back to Seattle.

We said good night to Bruce and Amy, packed up the last our stuff, then headed to bed shortly thereafter.

YEAH YIPPY WOOHOO MOMENTS!
ronswanson_zpsce1addf8.gif

1. Eating in France again for breakfast and sitting outside
2. Going on the slide at Stormalong Bay for the first time
3. Enjoying a relaxing final afternoon in Epcot
4. Going on Carousel of Progress
5. Greeting Danni and Johnny from the PeopleMover
6. Dinner at Crystal Palace
7. Hanging out with Danni and Johnny

WOMPWOMP MOMENTS!
debbiedowner_zpsfc29ba8f.gif

1. Bruce and Amy not going on the PeopleMover because I don't think they liked it, WOMPWOMP
2. Getting stuck on Buzz Lightyear, WOMPWOMP
3. Having to say goodbye to Epcot, WOMPWOMP
4. Leaving Magic Kingdom without really getting to say goodbye, WOMPWOMP
5. Crowded bus back to the resort, WOMPWOMP
6. Knowing we had to get up at 4am for the Magical Express, WOMPWOMP
7. THINKING ABOUT LEAVING DISNEY WORLD, WOMPWOMP

Tomorrow, we head home, and I post my final thoughts/some souvenir photos!

Continued in next post

Crystal Palace is definitely one of my favorite MK places to eat, but I have to agree that I much prefer breakfast, and pre park breakfast at that! I think the food quality is far better! And it doesn't hurt to get into the MK early!!

Yay for more dismeets and Haunted Mansion on the last day!!

I know the feeling of not being able to say good bye! Usually I'll stick around as long as I can on the last night, then go up to the train station to really "say goodbye" and just soak it all up and it's a total "womp womp" when it doesn't get to happen!!

So sad the TR is over, I will obviously be reading the next one, super excited!! :banana:

Hurray for being TWO of your yeah yippee woohoo moments!! I feel so accomplished!

Johnny and I are so happy we ended up meeting you guys in January! I'm so glad we get to hang out again in LESS THAN THREE WEEEKS!!!!

Ahhhh the castle with the crane extension... Here is how you get it to go away... (Yes I am hauling this out whenever it's needed and because it makes me laugh.) :p

Boil2.gif

Hmmm, in the second Piglet pic with Amy... She wasn't easting pork by any chance? :rolleyes1

Hey I recognize that Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar eating picture!

And yeah, the fact that you are wearing Mouse Ears in all is just so freaking AWESOME!

Dani, this TR was so wonderful. I am sooo glad that you posted on mine way back. Otherwise I may not have found it. I am super stoked for the next one... Coming Soon! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter