• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'M JUST SHOWBOATIN' AROUND THE WORLD! & getting pooped on. Jan 13 TR! NEW TR POSTED!

I'm so sad you're nearing the end!

That chocolate croissant made me drool!

I love that vinylmation - totally one I'd want for my collection!

Ahh, day ten!!!

What a lovely day. That pool is just so, so amazing.

And another visit to Boulangerie! I love choco croissants.

Tangierine Cafe was one of my favourite meals last time, and it's definitely on my list again. The Karamel Kuche is new to me on this trip, so I will have to take a peek.

Your TR will be over just in time to go again, nice timing!

I am so excited to try the new French bakery during out next trip to WDW!

Our trip in January was our first where we didn't have the dining plan, and like you, it was so that we didn't have to rush around and make sure we had X number of ADRs in place in order to use all our credits. I think the dining plan is great for some purposes/trips, but unless we're there during Free Dining (and it saves more money than any available room discounts), I don't think it'll be a priority for us to have it moving forward.

I've never seen one of the survey marker pins - that's so cool!

I've never been inside the Grand Floridian. I'm visiting a friend in Sarasota in March, before our next Disney trip, and I think we'll need to take a day to drive out to Orlando just to do some resort hopping,

Just a quick note about PP pictures that don't show up - we once wound up with somebody else's pictures on our card. I e-mailed the Photopass guest services account to tell them, saying that I think our pictures got switched with someone else's. Within a day or two, they'd e-mailed me back and got our pictures loaded on the site. I think if you know the date, location and approximate time, they can do a quick scan of pictures and locate any that may be missing, either from the photographer not scanning the card correctly, or any other reason that would cause them not to show up.

Yay for meeting Jess!

Quick photography question for you, because it's something I'm trying to work on - how frequently did you use your flash (particularly for interior shots, and portraits in the evening)? That's one of the things I'm really struggling with my new camera, since it's something I have complete control over, and those are the two circumstances I'm having issues with things being in focus (and not having the colors/image distorted either by the flash being used or absent).

I think no matter how many days I spent at WDW, I would always be depressed on the last day there. Like who wants to go home after Disney?

Glad you guys had a great time at SAB! Beach Club is my dream resort, partly because I really want to go to SAB! One day!

Great idea to buy a waterproof phone case! I bought one really cheap off Amazon but I did the test with a napkin inside it first and the napkin was damp after the test so I have to return it and see about an alternative.

Matt's shirt is awesome! I love that quote! Did you find it in WDW? All the WS photos are great. There were NO PP photographers in the WS at all the day we were in Epcot in January :confused3 I think it was because it was rainy all day but I was pretty sad.

I think the Moroccan QS was our favorite in the WS! :thumbsup2

Can't believe your report is almost over BUT so excited for both your upcoming trips (both the reports and the twitter posts!). LOVE that the Disboards has created a place that we can live the magic even when we aren't physically there!

How great that you took time on your last day to relax at SAB! Usually on the last day I go into panic mode and feel the need to do everything (and it usually ends badly). I need to learn to mellow out..... really hoping that we can score a great deal for our next trip and stay at the BC. I will HAVE to slow down if I have access to the SAB wristband, right?

Your breakfast looked great (yummm. chocolate croissant...yes, please!). I will have to remember that spot.

Not sure if I have commented before but I love the "matching" mouse ears. My DH has come a long way in his appreciation/love of Disney but I have a LONGER way to go to get him on the level of Matt. You guys are such a great Disney couple.

Between breakfast is France and delicious caramel treats, this post has made me SERIOUSLY hungry!

I was totally not expecting to see someone's legs sticking out of the water in the relaxing by pool picture! It totally caught me off-guard!:rotfl2:

I love all of the Epcot 30 World Showcase shirts! My brother has the Germany one, but sadly I have none because I couldn't decide on one to get and I couldn't afford them all, sooo yeah. Poor planning on my part, haha!

I'm so sad this TR is coming to an end, but your next trip is SO SOON!

I just found your trip report and am just about done reading through it!! Absolutely in love with it! It has been so fun to read through and you and your hubby are adorable! I can't get over how much you accomplish each day!! I'm for sure trying this "school bread" when we go!

I am so bummed to find out your dates for September! We arrive the 22nd the day you leave! :(. I would have loves to have met you but maybe another trip!!

Thanks for all the time you took to write these and sharing your memories!!!

Again, it is 5 in the morning and I'm looking at your food pictures and drooling more than Holly.

Especially because the caramel shop is my ultimate weakness.

I'm jealous of the pool, but not jealous you spent that morning swimming. Because I spent that morning wearing a jacket. My blood may be thinner than the water in SAB.

You're officially in the TWENTIES until the trip. I can't even handle it. I remember getting excited when you dropped down to the double digits!!

This is just how I roll. Makin' everyone really want delicious Disney food. It's just my thang.

That Caramel shop is just the best, seriously. Everything looks perfect in there.

BAHAHA, it was like in the upper 70s-low 80s while we were there! That is NOT chilly, lady! Just wait til you come out to Seattle, hahaha.

I KNOW, it's just unreal, seriously. I can't handle it. I'm like 95% super excited, and 5% "OhmyGod we have so much to get done before we go!! AAAHHHHH!" and somewhat overwhelmed. I think it's just that we have so much going on before we leave! We were originally going to go to the state fair we go to every year the weekend before our trip, but we're both starting to think that might be a bad idea. We'll see though! Time is flying by!

You are truly evil not taking any photos of my favorite place to eat in WS!!! Ahhhhhhhhh, LOVE LOVE LOVE the vegetarian platter in Morocco! Now I'm drooling.

I think we may have to do a breakfast in France as well in February. Did you know that we are staying 2 nights at BCV?!?! My first time there, ever! I'm excited and need to go back and stalk some of your other TR's to look at pics of SAB! :thumbsup2

I KNOW! I just don't know what happened. I think I was just mega lazy on our last day with photos or something. But Tangierine is just the best!

You totally should! I quickly caught up on your PTR the other day at work (sorry I didn't comment, I had to leave right when I finished), and saw that you are staying at BCV!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING! You are going to just LOVE it, I swear.

I don't have a ton of photos of SAB when we were swimming since I didn't bring my camera down, but this September I am bringing a waterproof case for my phone so I can bring it to the pool and get LOTS of photos!

I love Matt's mid-meal thumbs up! Because you know that the food and surroundings are completely awesome! :goodvibes

Hahaha, yup, he was a happy guy that morning!

Oh man, oh man, oh man. You took a beautiful picture of my favorite Epcot snack. It ranks pretty high up on the list of all time Disney snacks, too. Which means a lot, because HELLO, they have such good snacks everywhere!!!

I loved stormalong bay and the water slide is so much fun! We stayed YC when I was 15 and that pool/slide was a dream for my family! One day, I will stay there again and be able to use the pool!

I love those Epcot 30 shirts from World Showcase. I wanted to buy the Mexico one (well, all of them actually) but I kept putting it off.... Don't you hate when you want to buy a Disney souvenir, talk yourself out of it, and then regret it!?

Loving the last day report!

It's so good! But it is hard to choose a favorite snack because there are SO many good ones in Disney! It's kind of insane.

SAB is the best! I think if the renting points thing works for you, you should rent points to stay there! That pool is worth it alone.

I agree, those t-shirts are awesome. I have the Mexico one, it's definitely my favorite. But I hate when that happens with Disney souvies. I've learned to just buy it if I like it, haha.

I love the dude's legs sticking out of the pool water while you're relaxing, lol!!! I love the moments that the camera captures that you actually don't intend for it to capture :rotfl2:!

So cool that you got the waterproof case! We rented a Go Pro for our beach trip and loved the waterproof abilities so much that I think we're going to rent one again for Disney! (Seriously, it's just a few bucks to rent. We might even end up buying one because they aren't that much.) Also good just in case it rains! We have that tiny waterproof camera (aka Julia's camera), but the Go Pro does much more quality shots. Also in camera news, Brandon's REALLY trying to sell his current fave lens, camera body, and battery pack and upgrade to another camera body he wants, but we're not sure he'll have time! He has to keep them through Sunday because he has a photo shoot for someone, but then I think he's listing them. Fingers crossed!

Love the pic of Matt in Morocco! I can't wait to deal with PP photogs this year and hear corny jokes!:yay:

SO. FLIPPIN. CLOSE!

HAHAHHA I was wondering if anyone would even notice that! But that dude was totally sticking his legs out, having a grand ol' time, hahahhaa.

That is such a good idea on the GoPro! You'll have to let me know what Brandon ends up getting for a new camera! I bet whatever it is, it'll be amazing. As if his photos aren't already amazing enough! Can't wait to see!

Hahaha, yeah, the PhotoPass is a great thing! I mean, it's just more of a convenience than anything else. Plus ya know, the ride photos are kind of amazing...

I KNOW I CAN'T EVEN WAIT.

Last day? Boooo. At least you got to spend some time in your favorite pool! Would you believe I've never been to the caramel store? Lame! Hahaha. Can't wait to hear about your night! Even though it's your last one... but I'm not TOO terribly sad because I know your next trip is insanely soon and that just means another awesome TR! So basically, yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know, it's bittersweet. On one hand, I'm sad this TR is coming to an end since it was such a fun trip... but on the other hand, I'm so excited for our next trip that I'm ready for this one to be over, if that makes sense...

You need to go to that store! It's so good!

And yes, my next trip is very soon, so that makes this TR ending a lot easier for me to handle, hahaha. Last time I went into a Disney Depression once my TR was over!

I'm with ya Dani. Whether it's the 10th day, 100th day, 1000th day, the last day is STILL sad.

Oh my God, that might be my favourite "random" Matt photo of all. That's a total Homer Simpson "Can't talk... eating... but I'll give you a thumbs up". PERFECT!

But, when you get to that last day and just take your time and enjoy it... PERFECTION!

Totally agreed, it's always so hard to say goodbye (to yesterdaaayyyyyyeeeeeeeee).

Hahahaha, that's basically the perfect way to describe him at that moment. Eating and he just woke up so I get a thumbs up, that's it.

PERFECTION is right! It was a great way to spend our last morning!

Oh my gosh that seeriously seems like the greatest place for breakfast! Just a nice quiet, not crowded breakfast in FRANCE! No biggie..
That slide sounds AWESOME. I really do want to stay at beach club sometime soon, hopefully next fall Mom and I can do food and wine and we can rent some points to stay there…

Your pictures and epcot journeys are making me want to spend so much more time in Epcot! I think it just never works out, but I could really spend a whole day in World Showcase, food and wine, here I come!

It is the best place for breakfast, hands down! And yes, SAB's slide is epic. I can't wait to go down it again in September!! You guys should think about staying there! But be warned, it gets booked up VERY quickly for F&W at the Epcot resorts!

We spent a lot of great time in Epcot, it was perfect. I'm glad we did because it's such a great park!

I'm so sad you're nearing the end!

That chocolate croissant made me drool!

I love that vinylmation - totally one I'd want for my collection!

I know, it's sad... BUT I'll have another TR coming up soon after our trip in September... PLUS I'll be writing one for our trip to Disneyland in November, soooo I won't leave you guys hanging for too long before the next TRs are rollin', haha. :)

That croissant was so good! All of their pastries were!

I loved the ones I got this time around! I had some good luck that day!

Ahh, day ten!!!

What a lovely day. That pool is just so, so amazing.

And another visit to Boulangerie! I love choco croissants.

Tangierine Cafe was one of my favourite meals last time, and it's definitely on my list again. The Karamel Kuche is new to me on this trip, so I will have to take a peek.

Your TR will be over just in time to go again, nice timing!

That pool really is the best! I'm totally going to try to get video of the slide for my next trip video, haha.

Tangierine Cafe is such an amazing place to eat! And you MUST check out Karamell Kuche. It's amazing.

I know! It worked out well, timing-wise! I am glad because I always get sad when my TRs end!

I am so excited to try the new French bakery during out next trip to WDW!

Our trip in January was our first where we didn't have the dining plan, and like you, it was so that we didn't have to rush around and make sure we had X number of ADRs in place in order to use all our credits. I think the dining plan is great for some purposes/trips, but unless we're there during Free Dining (and it saves more money than any available room discounts), I don't think it'll be a priority for us to have it moving forward.

I've never seen one of the survey marker pins - that's so cool!

I've never been inside the Grand Floridian. I'm visiting a friend in Sarasota in March, before our next Disney trip, and I think we'll need to take a day to drive out to Orlando just to do some resort hopping,

Just a quick note about PP pictures that don't show up - we once wound up with somebody else's pictures on our card. I e-mailed the Photopass guest services account to tell them, saying that I think our pictures got switched with someone else's. Within a day or two, they'd e-mailed me back and got our pictures loaded on the site. I think if you know the date, location and approximate time, they can do a quick scan of pictures and locate any that may be missing, either from the photographer not scanning the card correctly, or any other reason that would cause them not to show up.

Yay for meeting Jess!

Quick photography question for you, because it's something I'm trying to work on - how frequently did you use your flash (particularly for interior shots, and portraits in the evening)? That's one of the things I'm really struggling with my new camera, since it's something I have complete control over, and those are the two circumstances I'm having issues with things being in focus (and not having the colors/image distorted either by the flash being used or absent).

You are going to LOVE that bakery! It's got the best food!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to not having to worry about an ADR every single day! We have I think like.. 4 total. It's just nice knowing that we are free to do whatever we want during this trip!

I was super pumped to get that pin! I thought it was a good find... now I just need that darn "no dancing" pin!

You have to check out the Grand! You will think it's amazing. It's a beautiful resort, and I love seeing all of the different resorts every trip!

That's good to know about the PhotoPass thing! I didn't realize that our photos were missing until later, but I'll remember for next time for sure. I was just so sad when I realized they were missing! :(

Yay! It was good to finally meet her!

Okay, so, I never used my flash for night time/darkness. Wait no, I DID use it for the occasional portrait at night, but for the most part, I didn't use the flash. The flash obviously makes people look harsh, so I tried to avoid it when I can.

What I would do for low-light situations is set the ISO for a bit higher (though not too high to avoid noise), and make sure the aperture was as low as I could get it (in my case, f/1.8). So like, the one of us with our hats and the castle in the background... I raised the ISO and dropped the aperture, which is why there's so much bokeh in the background. If I raised the aperture, I'd have to either raise the ISO or have a tripod at that point.

I'm still learning it myself. Sometimes the colors are WAY off in my photos, especially on dark rides, and I'm trying to understand how to best fix it. It's not easy!

I think no matter how many days I spent at WDW, I would always be depressed on the last day there. Like who wants to go home after Disney?

Glad you guys had a great time at SAB! Beach Club is my dream resort, partly because I really want to go to SAB! One day!

Great idea to buy a waterproof phone case! I bought one really cheap off Amazon but I did the test with a napkin inside it first and the napkin was damp after the test so I have to return it and see about an alternative.

Matt's shirt is awesome! I love that quote! Did you find it in WDW? All the WS photos are great. There were NO PP photographers in the WS at all the day we were in Epcot in January :confused3 I think it was because it was rainy all day but I was pretty sad.

I think the Moroccan QS was our favorite in the WS! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I totally agree! It's always the saddest.

SAB is the best! I hope you can stay there! I always tell people to look into renting DVC points. You can stay there for way less than it costs to stay there in the regular rooms!

Yeah, I bought a Dandy one, I think? I am going to test it first before I put my phone in there though. I want to make sure it doesn't have any issues!

Oh yeah, I love that shirt of his! He found that one I think in World of Disney! They had some good ones!

That's sad there were no PP photographers. We always tried to hunt one down in random spots, like Morocco!

Tangierine is one of the best QS places in Disney!

Can't believe your report is almost over BUT so excited for both your upcoming trips (both the reports and the twitter posts!). LOVE that the Disboards has created a place that we can live the magic even when we aren't physically there!

How great that you took time on your last day to relax at SAB! Usually on the last day I go into panic mode and feel the need to do everything (and it usually ends badly). I need to learn to mellow out..... really hoping that we can score a great deal for our next trip and stay at the BC. I will HAVE to slow down if I have access to the SAB wristband, right?

Your breakfast looked great (yummm. chocolate croissant...yes, please!). I will have to remember that spot.

Not sure if I have commented before but I love the "matching" mouse ears. My DH has come a long way in his appreciation/love of Disney but I have a LONGER way to go to get him on the level of Matt. You guys are such a great Disney couple.

I know! It's a bummer, but I'm looking forward to our next few trips, so it makes it way easier to deal with! And yeah, I love living vicariously through all of my DIS friends while they're in Disney via twitter and instagram, haha.

This is why we do the longer trips... means less panic at the end to fit everything in! Unlike our trip in Disneyland where we just tried to cram in as much as possible! That was kind of insane. But I hope you get to stay at BC, and yes, you MUST slow down, hahaha. SAB is all about relaxation and fun!

The bakery is a great place to go for a quiet breakfast!!

Aww thank you! This was the first year we did the matching ones. Previously we just chose whatever we each wanted. But this year just worked out perfectly! Matt's a huge Disney fan and just lets loose in Disney World, and it makes me so happy to see him so happy. :goodvibes

Between breakfast is France and delicious caramel treats, this post has made me SERIOUSLY hungry!

I was totally not expecting to see someone's legs sticking out of the water in the relaxing by pool picture! It totally caught me off-guard!:rotfl2:

I love all of the Epcot 30 World Showcase shirts! My brother has the Germany one, but sadly I have none because I couldn't decide on one to get and I couldn't afford them all, sooo yeah. Poor planning on my part, haha!

I'm so sad this TR is coming to an end, but your next trip is SO SOON!

Hahaha, I'm sorry, I'm kiiind of the worst! ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH I didn't realize it until I posted the photo, but that cracks me up. That dude was handstandin' it up!

I love them, too! There are so many good ones, but I agree, the price could be a little lower, eesh.

I know, it's a bummer, but no worries, I'll be writing another TR for our next trip! YAY!

I just found your trip report and am just about done reading through it!! Absolutely in love with it! It has been so fun to read through and you and your hubby are adorable! I can't get over how much you accomplish each day!! I'm for sure trying this "school bread" when we go!

I am so bummed to find out your dates for September! We arrive the 22nd the day you leave! :(. I would have loves to have met you but maybe another trip!!

Thanks for all the time you took to write these and sharing your memories!!!

Aw yay! Thank you so so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed reading it! And yeah, I'm always shocked when I look back at our days and see all of the stuff we get done! It's kind of crazy. We're park-hopping fiends, haha. And you MUST try the school bread, it's amazing!

BOOO, we just miss you! Such a bummer! But I hope you have an amazing time on your trip! You never know, our trips may overlap one day! :)

Thank YOU for reading! I've loved sharing this trip with everyone here on the DIS! :goodvibes

BEYOND THRILLING NEWS!!!!!

I'm totally interrupting this TR for some REALLY EXCITING NEWS (a few of you guys already know this from twitter), but...

Matt and I are officially DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMBERS!!!!

Like, as in, I can call up and talk to Member Services directly because I AM A MEMBER. AAAHHHHH!

Sorry, but this is such a huge deal for us! It's been about 7 months in the making, we've discussed how much we wanted to become members since we started staying through Matt's parents' DVC points over 2 years ago. We are SUPER excited and plan on being those people who buy all the DVC merchandise, hahaha. All of it.

Our home resort is at Old Key West... We stayed there in 2011, lovely place to stay, but we usually end up somewhere else, of course!

SO this September trip will be our first official Disney trip as DVC members!! HOORAY!

If any of you are considering DVC and have any questions about it, please feel free to PM me or just ask! I am pretty well-versed in how everything works, where you can look at buying contracts, and might be able to help you out!

In other fun news, we also have been selected to participate in the MagicBands test for our September trip!

We actually customized our MagicBands a few days ago, and I think they're going to be sent to us soon! I will definitely post a photo here when we finally get them in the mail!

The weird part is... we are only testing the MagicBands during the Beach Club part of our trip. Wilderness Lodge is not part of the test, so ours won't be active until September 15th.

We're still planning on wearing them the whole time we're there though, otherwise we'll probably lose them. PLUS we both really want to get the fun accessories for them.

I was pretty on the fence about them, but so far, there are a few things I really like about it...

1. I LOVE the ability to plan FastPasses for any time of the day. For example, on September 15th, I am going to be at the Vinylmation trading event all morning/early afternoon in Epcot, while Matt is hanging out in Epcot with some special friends. We know we are going to Magic Kingdom later on in the evening for EMH (my first time hanging out in a park until 1am?! I'm a little excited!)... and because it'll probably be pretty busy before EMH start at 11pm, we'd rather reserve FastPasses for when we arrive. So, we have 4 FPs booked for that night (Splash, Space, BTMRR, and Under the Sea), and it's nice to know that we have them for the perfect times! We wouldn't be able to do this with the normal FP system, as by the time we arrived in MK, most FPs would be for the wrong time/gone.

2. We are still able to use the normal FP machines with our Annual Passes! So on that morning that Matt is in Epcot, he can go and get FastPasses using his card no problem. AND when we're in MK that night, we can get FastPasses (if they're still available) during EMH, in addition to the ones we've reserved on our MagicBands. So basically, the possibility of same days having LOTS of FPs is pretty sweet... though I don't think this will be how it works when they're done testing, wompwomp.

3. We were able to get FastPasses for Fantasmic. I've never seen Fantasmic, and knowing we have FastPasses for it is pretty awesome.

The only bad part is we are getting the MagicBands during the part of our vacation where we're kind of rolling with things/not planning much. So I've only made FP+ reservations for a couple of days, but also with the knowledge that our plans may (and will probably) change, except for on the night of the 15th. The good thing is you can change your FP choices pretty close to what you had, so we still have the flexibility to make changes in our schedule. I would have loved to have them for the beginning of our trip, because we have way more of an idea where we'll be those first few days park-wise.

But I'm just happy we get to try them out, period! It should be pretty neat, and we're already excited about getting fun accessories for them!

We are getting so close to our next trip, and I'm SO excited! I really want to try to wrap up this TR within the next 2 weeks, so we have some time to be excited about our next trip and I can give you guys some fun updates!

So without further ado, let's continue on with Day 10!

Chapter Fifty-Three: "Here you leave Today, and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."
Day 10: January 26th, 2013

We started to head over towards Future World, and saw these MASSIVE fish just hanging out!

file_zps9b6f3247.jpg

file_zpsa3ff712c.jpg

They were seriously huge. We made a quick run inside of MouseGear so I could trade a Vinylmation, and I ended up getting this one:

file_zpsa0ead413.jpg

The cool thing about that one is it's a Cast Chaser! You can ONLY get it in Disney parks from a cast member, so I was pretty excited about finding that one!

We then decided to go on The Seas with Nemo, which for some reason I have no photographic proof of, and also went on Spaceship Earth as we headed towards the front of the park... We had to make sure we got one last ride on it before we left...

file_zpse7fdcd1c.jpg

I'm just glad Amy finally got to hear the English-version of the narration, hahahaha.. On our way out of Spaceship Earth, we ran into an iPad photo-taker! I'm sorry, but I just can't get on board with these people throwing up their darn iPads to take photos. It looks BEYOND silly!

file_zpse3577e01.jpg

file_zps0f9d2480.jpg

We waved goodbye to Epcot, which was really bittersweet. I mean, it's always sad to say goodbye to a park for the final time, but we also knew we'd spent a lot of wonderful time at Epcot, and that we'd be back again soon! At the time, I was still working on convincing Matt that we should take a September trip... but it didn't take much for him to say yes, since I mean, he loves Disney World so much.

We went up to the Monorail ramp, and lucked out with Monorail Teal!

file_zps504814bd.jpg

A ride on the Monorail isn't complete without ridiculous photos of Matt and me.

file_zpscc1635a6.jpg

file_zps73f87820.jpg

We arrived at MK, not much later, and it was honestly hard walking in, knowing we were down to our last few hours in the parks. We got there at around 3:30, so we still had plenty of time, but it was still difficult...

file_zps9ad8a832.jpg

file_zpsb65e97c2.jpg

It's funny, our 2012 trip, we felt really good on our last day, like we'd done and seen everything we wanted to, and it was the perfect trip.

This time... I don't know if it was just the crowds we'd seen at the beginning, forcing us to take more time to get things done, but we really just weren't ready for our trip to be over! I could have easily stayed for another 3 days.

Walking into the park, I felt at home again... I love every other park, but Magic Kingdom is where I feel happiest. There is something beyond magical when you first walk in and see Main Street, no matter what time of day it is.

file_zpsc17b0ca3.jpg

I LOVE this next photo, and I'm actually really proud of it. I feel like it captures so much of what I love about Magic Kingdom.

file_zpsc29ade01.jpg

Since we weren't in a rush to do anything, we just kind of strolled over towards Tomorrowland, as we REALLY needed to make sure we went on one of the most classic attractions of all... Carousel of Progress.

file_zpsa2f11729.jpg

During this time period, I'd been texting back and forth with my friend Danni (DanniDear on the DIS) since she and her boyfriend Johnny were in MK this day. Matt, Amy, Bruce, and myself had dinner reservations we had to get to, but wanted to meet up with Danni and Johnny at some point, so we planned to find each other in a bit.

I enjoyed Carousel of Progress like I always do. When I was 6, it was literally my favorite Disney World attraction. NOTHING could beat that one for me. I just thought the animatronics were so fascinating! So of course, we make sure to check in with our friends John (voiced by my favorite narrator of any movie, A Christmas Story's Jean Shepherd), Sarah, Patricia, James, and the whole fam on every trip.

I'm noooot sure how much Bruce and Amy liked it, but who cares. It's the stinkin' Carousel of Progress, people!

After we got off, the lines were pretty long for everything, so naturally I suggested we go on the PeopleMover, duh!

And then, my Earth was shattered, as Bruce and Amy opted OUT OF GOING ON THE PEOPLEMOVER. This was seriously dumbfounding to me. I have never met people who DON'T enjoy the PeopleMover, but choosing to sit on a bench vs. going on the PeopleMover is a pretty clear indication that you're not a fan of it.

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

But I was fine with it, since I enjoy riding with Matt anyway!

file_zps83b3b209.jpg

file_zpsa429bb59.jpg

As we were moving up the little conveyor path, I THOUGHT I saw Danni and Johnny coming down off of the PeopleMover! But just as I thought I saw them, a huge pillar blocked my view, so I couldn't yell at them! Plus it would have been awkward if it WASN'T them.

So as soon as we got on our PeopleMover vehicle, I quickly texted Danni... only to find out that it was definitely them! Hahaha, so I told her we were going on the PeopleMover and if they wanted to wait, we could say hi after.

We enjoyed a lovely ride on the PeopleMover. It was actually really nice to go on it with just Matt.

file_zps2c969403.jpg

file_zpsbf02246a.jpg

So, we're zipping around, and getting to the area near Carousel of Progress, and look down at the people all around, when Matt spots Danni and Johnny sitting on a bench WAVING AT US! Hahaha, so of course, I'm blind and can't see them, but then I finally did!

My first time connecting with them in person was while Matt and I were on the PeopleMover, with them waving to us from near the Carousel of Progress. Kind of awesome if you ask me!

Once we got off, I ran over to them and gave Danni a hug! It was so awesome to FINALLY meet her and Johnny!

Danni had found one of my TRs/PTRs and we quickly became friends. Perhaps it was her FANTASTIC Up tattoo, or the fact that she and I share the same name, oooor that she's just awesome... but yes, this was a DISmeet I was SO excited to finally have happen!

We quickly chatted, and introduced Bruce and Amy, who had met up with us from the bench they were hanging out on. We actually had an ADR that we had to run to, so we told Danni and Johnny we'd meet up with them later after dinner!

Next, we eat some dinner at one of my favorite places, hang out with our awesome new friends, and say farewell to Magic Kingdom...

Continued in next post

:love: Well, YAY for special friends! :goodvibes We cannot wait. We are just about at the freaking out point over here!!

The Carousel of Progress is also one of our major favorite things! We love it. I even love it after seeing the Halloween section three times in a row last trip; it just never gets old!

Uhm...Amy and Bruce sort of disappoint me here, and I adore them. :sad2: How could anyone skip out on PeopleMovin'!?!? I'm glad she got to hear SSE in English, though, so the whole day was not a loss for her.

I know I said it already, but congratulations again on your DVC Ownership. I will definitely be asking you a million questions here in a few weeks when we have some face time together. TOGETHER!!!!!!!! EEEEP!!! :banana:

I had no idea that Jean Shephard was the voice of John! I LOVE 'A Christmas Story'! Between this and the Bea Arthur (love her!) bust, I have learned so much from your trip report!! :goodvibes

Apparently I love a lot of things because I also love the People Mover! It is our go-to ride! :woohoo:

So it's been awhile since I've commented but trust me, I've been here following along silently. I know it was awhile ago, but I just wanted to say that the coloring on Matt's tattoo is awesome! I loved it before, but the colors are just so fantastic!

Last day? So sad! But I'm excited to read your next TR's. not that I want your trips to fly by....I just love reading your reports. You guys are so cute and your writing is so fun to read.

Hey--in that picture of you on the monorail, I totally have those Mickey Mouse earrings! I wanted them so bad when i saw them on disneystore.com so I asked for them for Christmas. I kept going online and looking at them and loving them more and more. I kept "reminding" (ok, possibly nagging) my DH and he kept saying "what earrings? Oh, oh yeah. I forgot about those. I know, I know". Then one day I went online and they were out of stock! I was so sad. When Christmas came there were no earring size boxes under the tree, but the last gift I opened had a little box inside and, I could barely contain my excitement, Mickey earrings!! My husband, what a tricker! But I adore them and always get lots of compliments on them.

I LOVE that picture with the balloons and the castle. I never seem to get a picture of the balloons that I like so I just admire all the gorgeous ones I see on here.

Congratulations on your DVC membership and magicband testing. I'm nervous about those and the FP+ stuff so I'll be waiting to hear what you guys thought!

And, I have to admit, we have never done the people mover. I'm not sure why, but it's on our list for this trip!

Sorry this got so long!:rolleyes1

Congratulations Dani and Matt on your DVC membership. :yay:

Wait... are you sure those aren't whales?

Yeah I have to completely agree. All the parks are fab, but there is just nothing like walking into Magic Kingdom. Nothing.

That photo with the balloons is AWESOME!!!!! That should be in a brochure. :love:

No wanting to ride the Peoplemover is not awesome. ;)

Congrats on becoming official DVC members!! That's very exciting news!

And for the record, Carousel of Progress was one of my favorite attractions as a kid too! Something about going through each time period was so awesome to me haha

We ALWAYS make fun of Professional IPad Paparazzi. I seriously don't get it.

THIS is why I love Disney: "Here You Leave Today and Enter The World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy"

Thank you for posting that picture!!!! :goodvibes

I'm SO excited for you guys finally being DVC official! And super jealous that y'all get to test MagicBands before us! Haha

Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!! We love you guys and our serendipitous friendship!! And I think you mean my "Fantasmic!" UP tattoo.... But it's probably because we're the exact same amount of awesome.

I can't even comprehend that in practically three weeks, you will be here. Re-freaking-diculous. I was thoroughly convinced at one point we'd be stuck at your 100day mark for all of eternity.

I'm going to go cry out of happiness now.

Also, I keep thinking about how funny it would have been for you to wave at us on the way up the people mover and have it not be us and am reminded about how funny I thought it would be if Bruce and Amy had the wrong door they were planking in front of.

Congrats on your DVC membership!!!!

I love COP too! It's classic Disney and one of the first things we do on every trip!!!

Sorry I haven't commented lately, I'm still here, just lurking mostly, it's hard for me to be on the DIS when I have no idea what's happening with my upcoming trip! It just makes me so sad lately! :sad:

But congrats on your DVC membership! :cool1::cool1::cool1: I hope to be a DVC owner someday, it's pretty much impossible now, but maybe when I'm like, 60 or something! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Hooooooray for DVC and (pink) Magic Bands! Ahh that's an awesome picture on Main Street. Love it. Hmm, no love for the CoP OR the PeopleMover? I don't know what to think. And yay for a FUN Dismeet! ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter