I'M JUST SHOWBOATIN' AROUND THE WORLD! & getting pooped on. Jan 13 TR! NEW TR POSTED!

ZOMG! Those TOMS! I love love love them!

And I totally read everything Joe said in Ben Stein's voice.

Joining in too. I followed your last report and loved it :). Your report is getting me excited for our May trip to the Beach Club.

Subbing...

Ahhh... the Beach Club... love it... and it does have a Beach Club smell...hmmm... Animal Kingdom Lodge has its own smell too... Come to think of it... Do all of the resorts have their own scents?:scratchin

Ahh those custom TOMS are awesome!

Your description of the Ben Stein driver and you running ahead to take a photo is cracking me up :rotfl:

Aww, you treated that little girl like a princess! You would make a great CM.

It's not to say I'm not a happy person when I'm not in Disney, but there is something about Disney World that just brings out this completely different side of me. It's a happiness that I can't explain, but I'm sure a lot of you completely understand and identify with.

YEP. You just described the key reason Disney trips are more than vacations! They are a necessity.

Aww that picture of Matt in the room is adorable! He is just radiating happiness and that is an awesome Mickey shirt! :thumbsup2

Hi,

My Wife and I were at the Dunes Cove Pool on Jan. 26 waiting for our room to be ready when I saw you and Matt walk by. I told my Wife that I would say Hi to you later in the trip but didn't see you again. We stayed at BCV from 1/26 to 2/03.

Hahha your town car driver sounds a little odd to me! Maybe he was new... but that doesn't explain why he didn't buckle his seat belt. Tisk tisk, Mr. Driver!

Hahaha I've had those monotone ME drivers before too. Some of them are MEARS employees which could explain a lot... but it is too funny.

I don't think it was insane to remember your room number. 8112 is like permanently burned into my brain hahah. And I also remember the room number I was in at All Star Music! 9536. Haha so no... not weird! I guess yall will just have to request that room whenever you stay at BCV in the future!

YUP. Disney = sheer joy. I'm a very positive person, it's just the way I am, and I live that way. But being at Disney... the people I'm with like don't even what what hit them. :laughing: Us DISNERDS!!!

LOL about your bus driver. Some people and their strange little mannerisms can be so amusing.

I loved your update !! How funny that you got the same room !! I imagine that doesn't happen very often.

I confess that we never made it to DHS rope drop that trip. We were amazed by how crowded it was that weekend. I hope the crowds thinned out for you all.

I love that Beach Club smell, too. I know this sounds crazy, but I went to the cologne counter at the mall and I found one pretty close to it and bought for my husband. Polo Black. I am sure that if you put them side by side in real life they wouldn't be the same, but to me it is. I love that smell.

Looking forward to seeing more of your Beach Club photos. We have a trip planned for September there and I am so looking forward to staying there.

Yes! I just finished your DL TR and have been looking forward to this TR since I found your PTR about a month ago! You are actually the reason I joined DIS lol.

YAY I love this update so much! :lovestruc There's just something about reading about the anticipation of getting to Disney World!

OMG THOSE TOMS!!! SO cute! You know, I have a pair of Toms and I like them and everything, but I don't get how people wear them in Disney. They just don't seem like they're good walking shoes. Then again, my feet are weird, they don't like any shoes lately! :confused3

Ugh waiting to get off the plane is the WORST! I'm going to try to convince my sister that we need to sit as far up in the front of the plane as possible on our way to Disney, just so we don't have to wait for 8 million people to get out! :rotfl2:

YAY the Magical Express!!! I am SO beyond excited to finally get to experience this magic for myself in a couple of days! :banana::banana::banana: I have a feeling I'm going to be in tears the whole time!

I can't believe you got the same room you were in last year! That's crazy! It's a good thing you liked the room, it had a great view! :thumbsup2 Ahh, I love the Beach Club, it's just so beautiful!

Loved the Toms! I've been considering having some made for myself. Wow on getting the same room as last year. I bet that doesn't happen to often. I'm guessing you guys are headed to Epcot? Maybe?

What are the odds?!?! That's crazy that you had the same room and so cool! Even more like coming home!

This will be fun doing our TR's at the same time when our trips were so close! Of course I will be done way before you since I had less days, so hopefully the will ease the pain of mine ending!

That is pretty incredible that of all the villas you ended up in the exact same one as the year before! And yay for uneventful travel days, because I know ours tend to be stressful. :rotfl: I'm with you on the direct flight, I will always choose being in a plane for a long period of time on a direct flight vs. breaking it up into multiple flights whenever possible. That was what we did flying from New Orleans to LA for our DL trip!

Great start. :goodvibes

I know, right?! I was totally shocked when I saw the number! Haha. And yes, it was mostly uneventful.. I forgot to mention that I had a slight cold and one of my ears would NOT pop, so that was a bit painful... but otherwise, nothing too awful or stressful!

Direct flights are waaaay easier, totally agreed! I just wish we had another option for flying to Disney other than Alaska, like JetBlue! They're my favorite. :cloud9: But Alaska is pretty a-okay in my book!

Followed you over from your DLR trip report. Loving it so far. Having never been to WDW (yet), I love living through other peoples trips.

YAY! Glad you followed over, and you're enjoying it! Hopefully my trip report brings you to the magic that we experienced while in Disney World! :yay: Thanks for joining!

Loving your TR so far...

Thank you! I'm glad you're along for the ride!

That's so crazy that you wound up with the exact same room again! I'm sure that doesn't happen often.

I know, it was pretty nuts. I don't think that is the norm, haha. It was just meant to be!

Yay, you've started your TR! I just loved Amy's TOMs- how adorable?! :lovestruc And how cool is it that you ended up in the same room? I totally understand how giddy with excitement you can be on that first day, it almost feels surreal when you finally get there. I know I'm happier when I'm there. :goodvibes

Great start, I'll be back!

Heck yes I have, woohoo! And I know, they are so cute! The same room thing was pretty crazy, I still can't get over it.

Yeah, I was SO SO happy to be back. It didn't feel like real life!

I LOVE your excitement! And I totally get the being a different person and happier in Disney. I definitely morph into someone else!

I love those tom's. I've been checking etsy for different styles that I want to get for September!

I think the ME ride is my absolute favorite (on the way -- not back!)

I love wishing happy birthday to people there... Well, happy anything, birthday, anniversary, etc. It's such a great for me and I like to see people smile!

Yeah, totally! It's just this amazing amount of happiness that is neverending. And yeah, I thought they were really cute! I can't wear TOMs in Disney, they would destroy my feet with all that walking! I have been tempted though by Haunted Mansion ones before... Hmmm.. ME is wonderful... not so much on the way to the airport, haha.

Yeah, this little girl was just so cute and happy. Their vacation was just starting, as well, so I think it made her day that someone was wishing her a happy birthday. :goodvibes

Your love for the Beach Club has me so excited for our May trip!

Oh you are going to LOVE it! So many wonderful things to say about Beach Club, I could go on and on! We just absolutely adore it so much.

Oh no, I would have freaked out when the confirmation time only said m! :laughing: Good thing that the driver did show up!! :thumbsup2

Yay for an uneventful flight! Don't feel bad, I'm always trying to race ahead when we finally get to Magical Express too - it's hard to contain your excitement after waiting so long!! :wizard:

That's awesome that you got the same room as the year before!! :goodvibes

Hahaha I couldn't believe it when I read that m.. Like what the heck?! But thankfully he showed up!

Haha, outside of the annoying woman in front of me who kept moving her seat up and down, it wasn't too bad. And yeah, the lady laughed at me when I ran past her, hahahaha. I WAS SO HAPPY.

I still have no idea how the heck that worked out! I still can't believe it.

I will not just lurk! I am super excited to join in living vicariously through you:woohoo:

YAY! I'm glad you won't lurk, haha. Comments are ALWAYS encouraged around here, I love hearing from people! I can't wait to share more!

ZOMG! Those TOMS! I love love love them!

And I totally read everything Joe said in Ben Stein's voice.

I know! It made me really want to make a pair of my own for a trip... though I wouldn't really wear them since TOMs are comfy for normal walking, but NOT Disney walking! Haha.

And OMG, I just wish I could really explain how funny that bus driver was... and he had no idea! His unenthusiastic nature really amused us. :rotfl:

Joining in too. I followed your last report and loved it :). Your report is getting me excited for our May trip to the Beach Club.

Awesome, I'm so glad you're in!! And you are going to so love Beach Club!! Get ready for that amazing Beach Club smell, too!

Subbing...

Ahhh... the Beach Club... love it... and it does have a Beach Club smell...hmmm... Animal Kingdom Lodge has its own smell too... Come to think of it... Do all of the resorts have their own scents?:scratchin

YAY so happy to have you here!! And yes, there is a very specific smell to BC! I think all resorts have their own "smell" that they legitimately pump in through vents. It's delightful. Fortunately, I found the Beach Club scent at Bath and Body Works, so I have lots of lotion and body wash to keep me happy with that wonderful smell.

Ahh those custom TOMS are awesome!

Your description of the Ben Stein driver and you running ahead to take a photo is cracking me up :rotfl:

Aww, you treated that little girl like a princess! You would make a great CM.

YEP. You just described the key reason Disney trips are more than vacations! They are a necessity.

Aww that picture of Matt in the room is adorable! He is just radiating happiness and that is an awesome Mickey shirt! :thumbsup2

I thought they were so cute! And such a nice little gift!

Hahaha I am glad you think it's hilarious but it was. I was just too excited and blew past the poor lady. I think Matt apologized for me, hahaha.

Aw thanks! I love seeing kids' faces light up in Disney World. It's one of the best things ever... and also confirms that yes, I want kids and I want to bring them to Disney!

Yes, thank you! I'm glad you understand and get it, but no surprise there. :thumbsup2 Planning a Disney vacation is what keeps us going, keeps us motivated knowing that going back will happen.

He was so happy to be back, we both were just beyond happy.

Hi,

My Wife and I were at the Dunes Cove Pool on Jan. 26 waiting for our room to be ready when I saw you and Matt walk by. I told my Wife that I would say Hi to you later in the trip but didn't see you again. We stayed at BCV from 1/26 to 2/03.

Ohhhh you should have said hello!! That's so funny you guys spotted us! We left very early to head home on the 27th, so that's probably why you didn't see us again, haha. I hope you guys had a wonderful trip! My in-laws were at BCV from the 28th through 2/9 I think, or something like that.

Hahha your town car driver sounds a little odd to me! Maybe he was new... but that doesn't explain why he didn't buckle his seat belt. Tisk tisk, Mr. Driver!

Hahaha I've had those monotone ME drivers before too. Some of them are MEARS employees which could explain a lot... but it is too funny.

I don't think it was insane to remember your room number. 8112 is like permanently burned into my brain hahah. And I also remember the room number I was in at All Star Music! 9536. Haha so no... not weird! I guess yall will just have to request that room whenever you stay at BCV in the future!

YUP. Disney = sheer joy. I'm a very positive person, it's just the way I am, and I live that way. But being at Disney... the people I'm with like don't even what what hit them. :laughing: Us DISNERDS!!!

Hahaha, I NOTICED, TOO! I was like, oh, he doesn't buckle up? Okay... I don't get why people don't wear their seatbelts! :confused3

Haha maybe that was what it was, he was just the complete opposite of a normal Disney employee so it made it hilarious. Ohhh Joe.

Hahaha I'm glad we both remember our room numbers! Even more impressive since yours were 4-digit! I love that room but wouldn't mind staying in one that has a pool view at some point... but then again, seeing Illuminations from our room was nice, and obviously saying good night to Spaceship Earth was nice, too.

I knew you'd obviously get it! It's just funny when people from home see you like that and they are like.. whoa. Hahaha, I talk about it so much though I'm sure it's not THAT big of a surprise!

LOL about your bus driver. Some people and their strange little mannerisms can be so amusing.

I loved your update !! How funny that you got the same room !! I imagine that doesn't happen very often.

I confess that we never made it to DHS rope drop that trip. We were amazed by how crowded it was that weekend. I hope the crowds thinned out for you all.

I love that Beach Club smell, too. I know this sounds crazy, but I went to the cologne counter at the mall and I found one pretty close to it and bought for my husband. Polo Black. I am sure that if you put them side by side in real life they wouldn't be the same, but to me it is. I love that smell.

Looking forward to seeing more of your Beach Club photos. We have a trip planned for September there and I am so looking forward to staying there.

Yeah, this guy was a hoot! He probably had no idea why we were laughing at him.

The room thing was crazy! I highly doubt it'll happen again, but you never know. :rotfl:

Oh man, that makes me feel a little better! We made it but things went a little sideways... The crowds were VERY insane though, I couldn't believe it!

I will have to find that one! I actually found that Bath and Body Works has a scent called "Rainkissed Leaves" that IS the BC smell.. or as close as you can get to it! So of course for Christmas I got a LOT of that lotion, hahaha.

That's so exciting you'll be there in September! When are you going? I can't wait to go back to BC again!

Yes! I just finished your DL TR and have been looking forward to this TR since I found your PTR about a month ago! You are actually the reason I joined DIS lol.

YAY! That's so awesome that you've been following along with my PTRs and TRs!! And that's even MORE awesome that you joined the DIS. It can be an AWESOME place and I've met some amazing people on here! I hope I'll see you lots around here. :goodvibes

Fantastic Start!! And suspense as to your first adventures!!!

Can't wait to read more :hyper:

Thank you! Hahaha, I had to leave it on a cliffhanger, DUNDUNDUN!

Can't wait to write more! Hopefully I'll get another update out here soon. :thumbsup2

You lured me here from Facebook...
Can't wait to read all about it!!! :banana:

YAY! I'm so glad you've joined! The FB community was so wonderful, so it's nice to see some of you here. :goodvibes

YAY I love this update so much! :lovestruc There's just something about reading about the anticipation of getting to Disney World!

OMG THOSE TOMS!!! SO cute! You know, I have a pair of Toms and I like them and everything, but I don't get how people wear them in Disney. They just don't seem like they're good walking shoes. Then again, my feet are weird, they don't like any shoes lately! :confused3

Ugh waiting to get off the plane is the WORST! I'm going to try to convince my sister that we need to sit as far up in the front of the plane as possible on our way to Disney, just so we don't have to wait for 8 million people to get out! :rotfl2:

YAY the Magical Express!!! I am SO beyond excited to finally get to experience this magic for myself in a couple of days! :banana::banana::banana: I have a feeling I'm going to be in tears the whole time!

I can't believe you got the same room you were in last year! That's crazy! It's a good thing you liked the room, it had a great view! :thumbsup2 Ahh, I love the Beach Club, it's just so beautiful!

Before I reply to anything you said, YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! AH SO EXCITING! Sorry, had to get that out!

I know some people have talked about how they don't like the travel stuff but I love it and like you said, the anticipation of getting there is just awesome! I love reading about it in other TRs, too!!

Yeah, SUPER cute.. but I am with you!! I have 3 pairs of TOMs and really like them, except when walking a lot. In NYC my feet were so sore/had blisters when my co-worker and I got lost, hahaha. So I wouldn't wear them in Disney. Amy only wore them on that flight, then changed into sneakers. My feet just don't like TOMs at Disney.

Hahaha, I am going to try my best next trip to sit not in the back... both so we can get off quicker and also to not deal with people bumping into us constantly for the bathrooms!

You probably will be in tears, but you are going to love it! I'm so excited for you to finally ride ME!

Beach Club is the best, it really is. And I loved that room! It WAS weird to be back in it with the exact same everything. The sad part is that we even noticed certain parts of the room that were damaged from the previous year... and were still damaged, hahaha. Nothing major, just little things we noticed.

Subbing! Live your Trip reports, Dani!

YAYAYAY! Glad your here and that you love my TRs; such an awesome compliment, so thank you! :goodvibes

Loved the Toms! I've been considering having some made for myself. Wow on getting the same room as last year. I bet that doesn't happen to often. I'm guessing you guys are headed to Epcot? Maybe?

They were too cute! It made me either want to order some or make some for myself!

Yeah, it was so weird we got the same room! But I wasn't complaining! :thumbsup2

Ooooh we'll see where we head off to... DUNDUNDUN!

What are the odds?!?! That's crazy that you had the same room and so cool! Even more like coming home!

This will be fun doing our TR's at the same time when our trips were so close! Of course I will be done way before you since I had less days, so hopefully the will ease the pain of mine ending!

I know, I feel like it's just so weird. Out of all the rooms they could've given us... So weird. But it really did feel like we were coming home!

And yes, I so agree with you! Writing TRs are the same time is awesome. I'm about to pop in to yours to read the latest update! And hopefully you will do a longer trip again soon!! :goodvibes

Hi. I am here. This is the first time I have read one of your TRs. Looking forward to it.

Also - question... I, too, am a DSLR user. Just wondering, how do you carry around your camera at WDW? Do you just carry it on a strap? Do you use a case or a bag? What do you do with it on rides? Not trying to be nosy, just trying to figure out what to do for our trip this summer.

Thanks!!!

I'm here! Please don't pass out from shock, I really am going to try to work the DIS back into my routine.
Love the intro, learned a new fact about y'all with the board game thing. Also, corgis for the win. (Bruce & Amy have an awesome dog)
I cannot wait for all the meet-ups and awesome Dani/Matt shenanigans!
That beach club picture reminds me that I need to find the crafty craft I had started on for you two.

Anna & I plan on leaving around 7m for our trip. :rotfl:
Matt is totally making the frump deer face in that airport picture! Line photos are the best.
I completely approve of both Starbucks drink choices, I order both regularly!
AMY'S TOMS OMG :thumbsup2:lovestruc I was thinking about painting one of my old pairs of Vans slip-ons like that.
I would fit in with you Seattle people. :coffee:
I hate waiting for people to get off the plane. BE EXCITED AND GET OUT OF MY WAY.
Props to Matt the speedwalker. We are too similar, haha.
Fake monorail is awesome upon arrival, but I hate it when leaving.

Yay for ME! Is it bad that as soon as I read about Joe I was thinking, "Donald?......Donald?.......Donald?" in my head?
Tears while passing through the gates happens to the best of us.
Craziness that y'all had the same room again! How does that even happen? Redonkuless.
WDW brings out that ridiculously happy feeling in me too. Sam even noticed over phone calls that I was more enthusiastic over everything than usual. I told him it's totally normal to get excited about mundane things like the details of a public restroom while on Disney property.
What if you get the same room next time you're at BCV? I'd probably pee my pants in excitement, haha.

Lovely updates! I cannot wait to read more!

Ahhhhh I love the excitement of leaving! Even reading about people getting up early and going to the airport makes me really excited :rotfl:

That's so funny that is just said M...not am/pm. Well not funny then but funny now!

Your bow headband is super cute!!

Those Toms!!! :love: I wish I was artistic enough to do something like that...without ruining 50 pairs of shoes trying to get it right.

Who could sleep on ME??? That crazy ol driver!!

Ahhhh the unique happiness you feel at WDW is seriously the best feeling in the world!! Seriously know what you mean :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter