I'm just back from the Royal Pacific Hotel...

Tense

Mouseketeer
I'll do a trip report soon. However I thought if anyone had specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them for you.

We are doing club level for the first time in our lives,
really want to stay there (we are used to
Disney moderate/deluxe hotels) - but getting scared.
Disney is still our favorite place, but you can't beat
Universal's FOTL. Not many good things being
said about this hotel - please reply. Thanks.

Dear Minnie's Guy.... I started my trip report it's 2 friends and 4 kids. You can read as I go along. However this said for the RPH IT is nice... certain areas need DEFINATE improvement. Front desk doesn't know what they are doing, and one person Brian was REALLY not helpful and kinda sarcastic. They haven't gotten all the bugs out of the Hotel yet.. literally. One of our rooms on the fifth floor swarmed with ants. Not everyone knew about the Loews promotions..ie loews first and the Grade A kid program. Our room keys didn't always work, and to make matters worse, we sent kids out to the parks with them and they were unable to charge anything, and had no $$ with them. That was one bad day... NOT good when it's 100 degrees and your kids can not even get a drink. Being basically lied to by the front desk when the ants were found at 8:00pm our last night and they had to saturate the carpet with bug spray and said we couldn't be in the room that night. Not the thing you want to do on your last night in Florida. Went to the front desk to switch rooms and we were ina non smaking room. Sent us to a VERY smoking room, came back and told them the room was smking and Brian told me WELL every room is smoking if a guest wants to smoke. Due to allergies of children, we couldn't have a smoking room. I asked to be moved again, long story short(I'll go into detail in trip report, 2 hours later, and 3 rooms gone by.. tempers flaring... we got a NON smoking room at 11:30pm on the night before we left.... it really rotted! On check out we had 2 rooms... my friends bill was charged for valet everyday, and we used it 2 times. It's really hard to distinguish the charges on the bill. I would opt NOT to have charging privledges if I were anyone else. Their system doesn't work right yet. As far as club level... I don't know.. I was in an exec Suite... on the 5th floor... chances are you might get what you pay for.. but you might not. The housekeeping I found to be not the best. Our room hadn't been vaccuumed the whole stay... hence the ants. More detail on the trip report. I hope this helps... On the positive side... Location is great. The pool is great... service by the pool food..drinks.. as also great.Walking to the parks is short and lovely. Boat service was very good( skippers are not happy campers.. the boats ARE NOT air conditioned like Disney). The BEST thing.. is the front of the line pass for the parks... that's worth staying at RPH right there! Is Disney did something like that (and I love Disney.. this was my 1st out of 20 trips that we DID NOT do Disney) I would never stay at RPH again!Disney needs a perk like that to get people to stay is the upper end hotels! I do believe that with the right management.. and the newbies broken in that RPH will be terrific... it will just take some time!

Sorry you had such a bad experience. My nephew stayed at the RP (we were at the HRH) and he really liked it. Their room was ready early, housekeeping was great, good service all around. The only complaint he had was that check in took a VERY long time.

Wow, I'm getting a little concerned too. It seems to me like Minnies Guy said, there's not too many good things being said about this hotel. I've heard everything from rooms not being ready, housekeeping problems, parking issues, expensive food prices, bugs and on and on. It takes a lot to get me upset on vacation but when your room is not ready by 7 pm that is plenty of reason to be p'd off! I'm starting to think I should have chosen the HR instead but oh well, too late now. I do have one question Tense, how did you find the parking situation?

Parking....!!! What parking! If you try to self park ..well.. good luck. We drove around and round to park on the days we used the car. We had to park illegally by the concrete island as did many because...parking is a problem. It's one way to ensure valet parking gets charged to your room, because that's the only way your car gets parked. Sorry.. they really need to free up more of the parking lot for self parker... especially if they charge 6.00 a day to self park!

Tense - what about the steps heading to the parking lot that once you get to the bottom there is a statue and everyone just jumps off because there are no more steps. The grass is real worn and it is a hard jump for a short woman. Then there are paths worn through the bushes that people have just made because whoever laid out the walking paths was determined to just make you go out of your way. That was our main gripe with the hotel - poorly designed paths!

Antonia -

I forgot about those steps! Why would they do something like that? They look like they will take you directly to the parking lot - and then .... nothing.

You're right - after driving around and around the parking lot trying to find a space, and getting one way out - the last thing you want to do is go all the way around the bushes to get to the hotel.

I may have started one of the paths through the landscape!

I was so mad by the end of the week. They just kept blocking off more and more of the parking lot for valet parking and leaving less space for self parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter