• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

I went out to the diner for dinner and instead of ordering a big meal, I had a bowl of soup, a salad and 1/2 a sandwich... I was fine for the rest of the night... unusual for me... I usually get the munchies around 10!!! :banana:

I went out to the diner for dinner and instead of ordering a big meal, I had a bowl of soup, a salad and 1/2 a sandwich... I was fine for the rest of the night... unusual for me... I usually get the munchies around 10!!! :banana:

:cheer2:

How is everyone doing? I am still struggling to find the time that works best for me to fit in the exercise. I am doing well with the portion control. :)

One day at a time.

I am starting to break the rules....I have realized that I use the rules as excuses. Like the rule of don't exercise right after eating. Keep your heart rate up for at least 20 minutes. I am super busy (like everyone else!) and if I wait until the right time to exercise then it never comes. So I get in 10 minute walks when I can and last night I walked right after dinner.

Today is a SUPER busy day.

We just sold our house, have to move out May 20. Unfortunately, we don't have a house to move IN to yet.... so the search begins. Right after work we have a few houses we're going to look at, which leaves no time for dinner. I didn't want to go out to eat anywhere so I quickly put together a small dinner to eat early at work to hopefully do the trick. Of course, that means I didn't have enough time to put together a LUNCH, so I'll have to run to the store and pick up something. I think I'll get a can of Amy's Low Sodium Vegetable Soup to have, since I'll be eating an early dinner anyway. I did bring a banana with me to have as a snack, as well as a Larabar, so it's better than nothing! Not the best, but you do what you can do!! :rolleyes:

Good on portion control so far... gone through the sugar withdrawal... very painful...

on the exercise front... just doing local walking - have to get to the gym soon...

BUT... I have to share... I have a great coach!!! My niece does IRONWOMAN's... yup... triathalons!!! She's promised to be very gentle and understanding with me... but she's a great coach...(and she loves me...:lovestruc)

Ok folks- give me your tips. What are your healthy travel food staples? We're leaving on a jet plane (ha, see what I did there?) next week and I need to pack a lunch to bring along for DH and me. :confused3

Ok folks- give me your tips. What are your healthy travel food staples? We're leaving on a jet plane (ha, see what I did there?) next week and I need to pack a lunch to bring along for DH and me. :confused3

Do you mean to eat on the plane? I generally buy something in the airport since I never know what I can and can't get through security. I'll pick up a yogurt, maybe a string cheese, perhaps buy a smoothie before I board, some fruit, or a sandwich like turkey and cheese. All depends what's available in the terminal I'm in.

bring some small packaged snacks with you like the 100 cal packs of cookies or I like the special K cereal bars

I was scrolling on my FB page and I commented on a picture from one of the local restaurants...

wouldn't you know it... I WON A PIECE OF CHEESECAKE :rotfl: I guessed what the flavor was...

(mom will get the cheesecake...:goodvibes)

I was scrolling on my FB page and I commented on a picture from one of the local restaurants...

wouldn't you know it... I WON A PIECE OF CHEESECAKE :rotfl: I guessed what the flavor was...

(mom will get the cheesecake...:goodvibes)

:lmao:

Well folks, it's another week. What are your plans to support yourself on this journey to health??

We're headed to Maimi tomorrow, so I'll be packing up healthy foods to bring with me- homemade gummies, salad made out of chicken and veggies with olive oil and vinegar on the side, and a larabar. And I'll be sure to pick up a bottle of water after we get through security.

Just joining you all.

I bought the Healthy Calendar Diabetic cookbook that was recommended on this thread. I am not Diabetic, but am borderline, so I thought it might help me. I will be making my first meal from it tonight.

I am also writing down what I eat to help focus me and avoid mindless eating.

I have found many videos on youtube that are just walking through various Disney parks. Being to far to be able to go to walk I bring up the videos on my TV as I walk on the treadmill. Great motivation!

I bought the Healthy Calendar Diabetic cookbook that was recommended on this thread. I am not Diabetic, but am borderline, so I thought it might help me.

As one of the resident doctors here, I totally agree. The diabetic diet is really the diet that everyone should be on. Smaller portions, limiting simple carbs, less fat, more whole grains, well-balanced meals. I often give out diabetic diet sheets to my non-diabetic patients who simply need to lose weight.

And yes, if you are "borderline" or prediabetic (the current terminology), that's definitely the path you should be following. The way to avoid progressing from prediabetic to full blown diabetes is to eat better, exercise more, and lose weight.

ToTLaugher said:
Just joining you all.

I bought the Healthy Calendar Diabetic cookbook that was recommended on this thread. I am not Diabetic, but am borderline, so I thought it might help me. I will be making my first meal from it tonight.

Let us know what you make!
We don't use it exclusively, but it has some good stuff and is seasonal

Good luck!

Had my day "off" yesterday... to have what I wanted... but really didn't diverge much from what I've been doing.

I have to get up to the gym soon... I'm a bit anxious about that... it's been a long time since I've done that... :worried: I've promised myself that I will do it 3 days this week... still have to get a lock for the locker room... maybe I'll do that tonight...

I have to get up to the gym soon... I'm a bit anxious about that... it's been a long time since I've done that...

If you haven't exercised for a while, take it SLOW! Just do a very light workout, minimal weights, minimal resistance, minimal times. Don't try and do what you remember doing years ago. That might mean only 15-20 minutes of exercise. Just get things moving again but don't overdo it or you'll be sorry tomorrow (and the next day). Work up gradually to a "normal" routine.

I'm actually afraid of going TO the gym... I suffer from anxiety - which strangely didn't get me when I started my journey... but the gym is my one roadblock... I need to talk to my niece... she's an ironwoman and she's helping me take steps... Wish she lived closer - she'd go with me...

I'm actually afraid of going TO the gym... I suffer from anxiety - which strangely didn't get me when I started my journey... but the gym is my one roadblock... I need to talk to my niece... she's an ironwoman and she's helping me take steps... Wish she lived closer - she'd go with me...

I have anxiety about going to the dentist. Break out in a cold sweat and all, even for a cleaning.

The good thing about the gym is that you actually don't need it. I cancelled my membership last year, and actually work out more now than before. I took up running, but walking is just as good. On my cross-train days I use a balance ball and some Cambell Soup cans to do some core exercises I found on Pinterest.

I have found that what you do isn't as important as just getting out and doing something.

You'll do great no matter what you do!:cheer2:

As one of the resident doctors here, I totally agree. The diabetic diet is really the diet that everyone should be on. Smaller portions, limiting simple carbs, less fat, more whole grains, well-balanced meals. I often give out diabetic diet sheets to my non-diabetic patients who simply need to lose weight.

And yes, if you are "borderline" or prediabetic (the current terminology), that's definitely the path you should be following. The way to avoid progressing from prediabetic to full blown diabetes is to eat better, exercise more, and lose weight.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Let us know what you make!
We don't use it exclusively, but it has some good stuff and is seasonal

Good luck!

I made a chicken hash from the book last night. OK but needed more spice.
Tonight is a beef barley soup.

I am really enjoying the treadmill right now. Reading all the stories here really helps keep me motivated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter