• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

I'd love to join this group! Looks like there are a lot of other nighttime eaters here... I'm feeling quite at "home." Exercise is tough for me bc of chronic back pain, but I'm taking it slow and not worrying too much about what I am doing, but more so that I am doing something. There is a poster at our Y that says... It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! That's my new motto!! My routine so far has been to download the DIS podcast and walk. Hoping to get in the pool next week.

Thanks for starting this thread!! :)

I'd love to join this group! Looks like there are a lot of other nighttime eaters here... I'm feeling quite at "home." Exercise is tough for me bc of chronic back pain, but I'm taking it slow and not worrying too much about what I am doing, but more so that I am doing something. There is a poster at our Y that says... It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! That's my new motto!! My routine so far has been to download the DIS podcast and walk. Hoping to get in the pool next week.

Thanks for starting this thread!! :)

You're welcome!! Good luck!! :cool1:

I made a yummy veggie fritatta tonight... It's a Weight watchers recipe... only 3 points a serving...

http://www.food.com/recipe/autumn-vegetable-frittata-weight-watchers-399946

I add more veggies to it... I have cauliflower and asparagus and I put mushrooms in it too... anything you have really... it takes a little longer to make because I cook the veggies a little softer for mom... you might have to add an egg or so if you don't get the big container of egg beaters... I cook it up in the pan... add the egg until they are soft.. then put it in a oven safe bowl (sprayed with non stick spray) and put it in the oven until it's set... about 10 more minutes... it's really good the day after for lunch...::yes::

A really good cookbook is the American Diabetes Calendar one. We made the Italian Harvest Frittatas the other night. Really good and healthy. Good leftovers from that one as well. It has angel hair pasta in it

The cookbook is Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking. There is a second addition as well

I'm happy to say that after 1 week of being home and back on WW after the cruise I'm back to my pre-cruise weight! I'm heading to the Y here in a few minutes (first time back since vacation thanks to terrible sun burns on my legs) . Hope to get a walk outside today to!

My turn to jump in... After listening to the podcast I wanted to add my story. I recently lost 100 pounds. I did not do a fad diet, I counted calories, cut out (most) junk foods, reduced portions, took my time and got off my big butt. Days it was easy and days it was HARD. I have kept the weight off. I never said NO to a craving... eat it, maybe a few bites and move on with your day or it will drive you insane. I wish the girls and everyone on this thread the best of luck. You can do it and the payoff is amazing! Not to mention the shopping!!!!! My family will be on the DIS 1.0 cruise and I can't wait to see the results!!! I will bring my FAT pictures. I keep them on my phone as a reminder and to show off now and then lol

My turn to jump in... After listening to the podcast I wanted to add my story. I recently lost 100 pounds. I did not do a fad diet, I counted calories, cut out (most) junk foods, reduced portions, took my time and got off my big butt. Days it was easy and days it was HARD. I have kept the weight off. I never said NO to a craving... eat it, maybe a few bites and move on with your day or it will drive you insane. I wish the girls and everyone on this thread the best of luck. You can do it and the payoff is amazing! Not to mention the shopping!!!!! My family will be on the DIS 1.0 cruise and I can't wait to see the results!!! I will bring my FAT pictures. I keep them on my phone as a reminder and to show off now and then lol

I am in the same boat! I just completed the weight loss part of my journey, losing over 116 pounds. I am now in maintenance/toning mode, which is a whole new challenge. Congratulations to everyone for starting your healthy new lifestyle. If I can do it, anyone can. No one was less likely to succeed than me!

Fit Bit zip to track activity + My fitness pal app to track food = down 4.5lbs for this week! :cool1: How did everyone else do? What worked for you this week?

Not a great week for me, it rained and was cold all week so I didn't get out and walk like I wanted to. But today is beautiful and this week looks great so I cannot use that as an excuse. I am determined to do better this week. ::yes::

I'll join you all.

I lost 14 lbs from March 1st-April 7th..then left for vacation(Disneys HHI resort) had a great time. 8 lbs of great @@ LOL
So back in the saddle again.

I really like using the Lose It app, seems to be the easiest for me to keep up with, but I really feel any way you do it, as long as you track your food, is key.

In February/March, I made it my mission to exercise 30 days in a row, no excuses, just to see if I could, and I did it. Not saying it was hours of work outs, sometimes it was just walking a mile and a half or two, but it was something every single day.
I'm making a deal with myself again-exercise every day for the rest of April.

I want to be healthy, eat healthy, and I'd like to lose 25 lbs.

Hi Vicki!

Congrats on the 15!!!

I started 2 weeks ago and I'm now at 5 lbs... just a start though....

Where in Bergen County do you live? I grew up in Park Ridge and then moved to Mahwah...

Hi Vicki!

Congrats on the 15!!!

I started 2 weeks ago and I'm now at 5 lbs... just a start though....

Where in Bergen County do you live? I grew up in Park Ridge and then moved to Mahwah...

Good job!
I grew up in New Milford and moved to Bergenfield where my husband is from.

I just downloaded the Map My Walk app Kathy was talking about and I love it! So accurate with the GPS.

Very cool...

I have family and friends in Teaneck, Dumont, Harrington Park... :goodvibes

On the getting healthy part....

I asked my niece to be a coach for me... lovingly I asked her to be...

Cause she's an IRONWOMAN!!!!

She can run/swim/bike 140.1 miles... I'm working up to a mile!!!! :cheer2:

While I'm not really joining in (I consider myself healthy for my age, not trying to sound conceded), I am all for eating healthier (I struggle a bit there; not overweight by any standards but just want to eat a bit healthier) and I'd love to offer my full support of everyone on this journey.

I think that this is a truly awesome segment that I see as true inspiration and motivation for people who have been contemplating loosing weight but haven't yet. I would love to see the whole podcast crew run some sort of runDisney race. Whether it be just a 5K or a half-marathon, I think it would inspire a lot of people interested in doing the same. This is an amazing thing you all are doing and I look forward to hearing your success stories!
:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Keep up the good work, everybody!! :cheer2:

We leave for Miami in a week. We're staying in a family condo, so I'll be able to cook our meals, rather than going out to eat. Better start making my grocery list!! We're planning on being fairly active while on vacation- swimming, walking on the beach, yoga on the balcony in the mornings. I'm planning on getting lots of fruits and vegetables, eggs, meats, healthy fats... all the same types of things we have at home to have for meals at the condo. Takes lots of planning, but I'll feel better while on vacation and after I get home.

Then, it's full speed ahead getting ready for WDW in the fall!

Brazilian Grill for dinner. Not even sure how to estimate the damage done for that meal (or the ice cream afterward). Oh well, tomorrow will be a new day. :confused3

I'm eating pretty lightly today for breakfast and lunch because I'll be going out to dinner with a friend tonight and I want to enjoy myself. I got out and ran 4.02 miles yesterday for Boston!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Yay I went for a really fast paced walk this morning for about 1/2 hour. It felt really good. Thank goodness for spring! Going to drink lots more water today too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter