• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm interested in what type of spa treatments are available for teens on teen days

IvyandLace

Certified pixie dust user
Hello, all! More questions for the DCL experts out there...I'm curious what type of treatments are available (and prices) when there are "teen times" at the spa. When do they have "teen" spa treatments...is it when we are in port? Do we need to make ressies for this or is it more of a spontaneous-type thing? My niece (age 14 at the time of cruise) has expressed interest in the spa, and it would be nice to be able to budget a special treatment for her to enjoy! Can adults "do" treatments with the teen...like pedicures at the same time??

Thanks for the help!
:p IVY :p

I didin't think that teens were allowed in the spa at any time....except for the day you board for the tours. It's an adult only area for guests 18 and older. I could be wrong though....someone, please correct me if I am ;)

Travis

My daughter enjoyed the "teen package" on our 2003 cruise. If I remember correctly, space was limited, so we had to book early. She received a mini-facial, manicure and pedicure. It was $79 and included a take-home bag of facial lotion and nail polish. It was a teens-only thing (no mother/daughter!)

I was on the Magic 9/11 without my daughter. One afternoon in the spa, I overheard a mom in the spa trying to book her daughters in the teen experience. I don't have any details, but at least that confirms they still offer spa treatments for teens.

Happy Sailing.

When I sailed last week I was getting a manicure (BTW...I think $40 for a regular manicure is costly compared to $15 at home) but I did it anyway since we had the credit given to us by DCL.

Anyway....a small girl was brought in to pick out nail polish color and then she left the salon area with a CM....not sure if they did a manicure for her in the spa or she was just buying the polish....did not see a mom but she could have been in the waiting area...this was at 8:15 in the am.

As soon as my DD hit 18 and we cruised she got a massage...and now gets one anytime we sail....she loves it and also loves experiencing the ship now as an adult since she has been through most of the kids clubs over the years.

MJ

Is the "teen package" offered on the 4 day Wonder?I'm a little concerned my 15 yr. old will be bored, but this would be right up her alley!

Great! Thanks for the info.So do I need to book this right away when boarding-like Palo res?

Just remembered something...they do massages outside of the spa! I don't know the hours, but I think it's just walk up. It's in the adult pool area, but since it's outside, maybe they will let teens partake.
Barb

My DD who is only 11....has done the "teen" package a couple of times. I've always told them her age and they never seem to have a problem with it.

However, this time...since she gets peds and mans here at home when I go to get mine, she probably won't do it this cruise. We will have our stuff done before we go...like someone posted earlier...it's cheaper at home!!!

I haven't seen it listed on the navigators on Barb's site, so you may have to ask for it....

Phyllis
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I hadn't heard about this before, so I looked it up in my new PassPorter - it does say on port days the teen package may be available, check the navigator.

I was reading a teen navigator on another site, and I found the answer to my question! Here is the information:

Vista Spa St. Maarten & St. Thomas Specials for Teens (only 8am-8pm)

Mini facial and mini manicure including French hand spa treatment (price=$69/hour)
Mini facial and mini pedicure with energizing mask for feet
(price=$69/hour)

Thought I'd pass on the info!
:p IVY :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter