I'm in the market for a new carpet cleaner

pixxi

Mouseketeer
It has been almost 10 years since I bought my last carpet cleaner. I am in the market for a new one. I have 4 kids, 2 bg dogs and a cat. I am looking for the best cleaner that is durable. We have bought 2 spot bot machines and have worn out both, so we need a normal size cleaner. Anyone have recmmendations?

I also have two dogs and own a spot bot. I use that for the more rare messes and use the bissell proheat as my regular cleaner. I am very impressed with the proheat. I shampoo my carpets at least once a month and this one works great. Get the one that's a little more expensive (over 200 dollars) and it will last longer than the cheap, 98 dollar ones.

I bought a Rug Doctor recently. I got it on kohls.com, and it ended up being $375 for the machine, stair attachment, and $70 in Kohl's cash (so, $300 net). I put an alert for the machine on slickdeals, and it notified me whenever a deal was posted.

Anyone have a Hoover all terrain carpet cleaner for around $215? If so what do you think? Reports show it work well but the tank can leak and the plastic is cheap and may break above the spinners.

Just purchased this one Monday at Kohl's with my 30% off. Ended up being $139 (was on sale for $199 less discount). I actually JUST got done using it in my dining room. I LOVE IT! I also had a 10 year old Hoover that died recently. I had used that one last month to clean carpet and it is amazing how much this new one got up. It has a separate tank for the cleaner and also a rinse only feature. I have used the hand attachments on the chairs in the dining room and they also look good. Seems very powerful and carpet isn't soaked. I went over it twice cleaning and twice rinsing. Now to get the rest of them done...

Good luck.
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-MaxExtract-Carpet-Cleaner-F7412900/dp/B0013YPWE6

I also have the Bissell Pro-Heat but would not recommend it. We replaced the first one after 6 mths because it stopped spraying and had our 2nd one in for service after 3 mths for the same exact thing! The rep at Bissell advised us not to use the heat.

Not sure what to recommend, only be careful of this particular unit.

I also have the Bissell Pro-Heat but would not recommend it. We replaced the first one after 6 mths because it stopped spraying and had our 2nd one in for service after 3 mths for the same exact thing! The rep at Bissell advised us not to use the heat.

Not sure what to recommend, only be careful of this particular unit.

Wow this is exactly what has happened to both of my Bissel Pro-Heat's. After about a year or two they stopped spraying the soap. I guess I'll try not using the heat to see if that fixes my latest one. If not I was going to buy a different brand this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter