I'm in tears! Just needed to vent/cry a little...

And I want an update, so I'm bumping this up!

Was her life just ruined because she didn't make it into a sorority? Did she end up finding something even better instead, a turning point in her life that made all the sense in the world, and showed her why God didn't let her get into the sorority? Did all the prayers change some sorority's mind, make them realize she was THE ONE they needed?
ok now I need to know....

I skipped to the end...I understand why she would be upset, but think that you crying over it is a bit dramatic.

ETA: Now I see this is a zombie thread. (Should have read first.) But my response would still stand. :)

Here in NYC, you have to compete for a seat in High School...there are no zoned HSs, EVERYONE is judged-compared-critiqued!

I learned through that process that some "great" schools miss out on some great kids because of some rubric or someone who applied earlier, or some favor given for some random reason.

What this amazing young woman needs to know is that she is amazing, and that sorority is not worthy of her!...If they could not see her merits, then they were not a good match for her, and they would not benefit her because their vision is too limited! It is really hard to not take this stuff personally, but it is like the employer that does not hire an amazing candidate because they know that that person is so great, that their own job/place starts to look precarious! she probably was too outstanding, and people did not want her shine to dull theirs!

The post is 11 years old. the sitter in question probably has her own kids by now.
(I hate the suggested threads along the bottom!)

And I want an update, so I'm bumping this up!

Was her life just ruined because she didn't make it into a sorority? Did she end up finding something even better instead, a turning point in her life that made all the sense in the world, and showed her why God didn't let her get into the sorority? Did all the prayers change some sorority's mind, make them realize she was THE ONE they needed?

I just sent the OP a message to let her know that her original 2005 thread is now a zombie thread in 2016, eleven years later. I asked her to come back and give us an update. Hopefully she will!

Wow, I had to laugh when I saw the initial date and thought the gal has to be 30 by now!
Wish I knew how this all ended up.
Did she survive, marry, career woman? Oh the possibilities....

A friend by as a daughter who wasn't interested in the larger sororities - she felt they weren't her style. She pledged with a nin-national one that was on campus. It was a much less stressful rush, and the sorority seemed a little more laid back than the national ones.

The only personal sorority experience I heard if was my godchild who pledged a sorority at a well known college in the northeast.

They hazed her for 4 weeks in some dangerous ways until she decided it was BS and if the school turned a blind eye to it then perhaps it wasn't the college for her so she left there and went to a different college.

I'd consider it a blessing if someone I knew didn't get chosen for a sorority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter