I'm in MS...anyone else??

;) I wondered how long we could survive in the Welcome Forum. Hey everyone! Well, I have have some bad news---a downer really. Something has come up on the 31st that I cannot miss. I will not be able to join you guys. I really hate this but that's my life. :sad2: I know you will all have a great time and anticipate hearing all of the news from one of you nice enough to take minutes. If you guys decide to continue the Meetings let me know and I will send out the messages and hope that I can make it next time. :flower3: Take care and Happy new Year!!!!

P.S. I will send out another reminder the week before the event. Hope there is a good turn out. :cheer2:

;) I wondered how long we could survive in the Welcome Forum. Hey everyone! Well, I have have some bad news---a downer really. Something has come up on the 31st that I cannot miss. I will not be able to join you guys. I really hate this but that's my life. :sad2: I know you will all have a great time and anticipate hearing all of the news from one of you nice enough to take minutes. If you guys decide to continue the Meetings let me know and I will send out the messages and hope that I can make it next time. :flower3: Take care and Happy new Year!!!!

P.S. I will send out another reminder the week before the event. Hope there is a good turn out. :cheer2:

Hate you are going to miss it. I was looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Wow they moved us from the Welcome forum!!!

Sweet! I spend most of my time on the Community boards anyways.

;) Just a reminder about the Dis Meet 1/31/09 at Mc Alister's in Ocean Springs, MS on Hwy 90 from 6-7 p.m. I just hate I am going to miss you guys--please let me know how the meeting goes. :thumbsup2

I totally forgot about the meetup. Everyone in my family has been sick. I hope there was a good turnout. If you went, please report!!!:thumbsup2

How'd the meet-up go?? If I was back home in MS, I'd have come. But since I'm at WDW...... :teeth:

Soarin08, did you move to FL, or are you on vacation? I though you were in school at Jones?:confused3

:cool1: Hey everybody!! Did anyone go to the Dismeet? I'm dying to know how it went.......anyone?......youuuuhooo...:hyper:

:cool1: Oh, that is just sooo cool. Please keep us updated so I can live vicariously through you!!:wave2:

Hello All
The latest Southern MS Dis Meet was held January 31, 2009, 6:00pm at McAllister's in Ocean Springs. We had a few new faces this go around and a couple old ones. All of us had recently been to the World so we had lots to talk about.
Attendees: Eyor44, broberts, Tink0374, Tine731 & MrsHeg & a couple others who didn't include their log in names.

First thing we went around the table and all told the various threads that we visit or "lurk".

Tink0374 and Tine731 said they have the perfect spot for viewing parades in the MK but wouldn't share it with us. Like we would tell. We'll get it out of them soon.

Did you know that there is an offer out there for the "buy 4, get 3 free" that includes a $500 gift card? Me neither, but approximately 1.3 million of you lucky ones received that offer as an email.

We had a great discussion about the DVC again. A couple members have bought into it and said it is a great program.

A couple of great tips.
1. - If you happen to be staying in a place with a kitchen, take your crockpot along. You can start a meal before you leave in the morning and have a nice hot dinner waiting when you get back.
2. - If you are on the dining plan and have any meals left when it is time to leave the World, stop by Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney and grab a few wrapped to go. Pop them in the cooler and you can have lunch on the road. Earl makes some great sandwiches.

We discussed breakfast buffets. Kind of even with like and dislike on Chef Mickey's, but everyone agreed that Crystal Palace is completely worth a visit.

We all shared stories and pictures from our recent trips.

We learned about two new games. Pretty People and Ugly Shoes. Something to do while resting on a bench and people watching.

We discussed tipping for Mousekeepers. Do you tip, when and how much?

Since we just finished the Year of aMillion Dreams we all discussed the dreams we were given. No one from our group had won anything big, but everyone had gotten some sort of dream.

We discussed the lack of breakfast at Epcot and the sparse counter service at Hollywood Studios. The restaurants we liked and disliked.

Eyor44 shared some Disney clothes she made for her children for their Thanksgiving trip which included iron-ons courtesy of some wonderful Disigners on the Creative Disign board.

Tink0374 brought Mickey Head shaped brownies for dessert. YUM! Thanks Jennifer.

I think it is safe to say that we all had a great time as we talked until almost 8:00pm.

The next meeting is set for the last Saturday of April. April 25, 6:00pm at McAllister's in Ocean Springs. Hope to see everyone there. We have the promise of more great dessert!

If I missed anything, please feel free to chime in. I was so busy talking, I may have missed a few things.

Had a great time at the DisMeet! Can't wait for the next one...just wondering what kind of dessert I'll bring!!!

:thumbsup2 Oooooooo! Cupcakes...yummmm. OK I have the new date instilled in my mind--no plans for that Saturday night. I am so glad that you guys took the time to meet each other and a special THANKS to Eyor 44 for getting the minutes out. I can't wait to see everyone again. MJPerry is on the Dis and keeps in contact with me. He is a fellow Mississippi Disser who would love to make a logo for our group.

Please PM him or me with suggestions, or we can just give out ideas here. I told him to just do whatever he liked, since it was his idea. I think that is great and so far we are off to a great start. Thanks to everyone for participating and keeping this going.....:cool1:

The next meeting is set for the last Saturday of April. April 25, 6:00pm at McAllister's in Ocean Springs. Hope to see everyone there. We have the promise of more great dessert!

We've got it on the calendar already! We'll be at WDW from March 14 to 21. Can't wait to meet all of you.

:) Bump!! Anyone out there lurking tonite---the best place for me to be is here except when we actually are in the World.:cloud9:

Hi everyone!

Anyone planning to go during September? I have reservations but may have to cancel :guilty: hope we don't, but you never know...

Joyce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter