• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Having Serious WDW Withdrawal!

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We're going to UO & staying at HRH at the end of this month. :cheer2: I'm really missing WDW though, & would love to go for the holidays. We like staying onsite & stayed at FW in our RV, after we got our 4 legged baby girl. Unfortunately, we sold it, because that was the only time we used it. They're a lot of upkeep for 2 or 3 trips a year. Molly's not even allowed in the cabins. :( I've checked the pet friendly sticky, but didn't see any hotels that we're interested in. We really prefer to stay onsite at whatever parks we visit. At WDW this isn't possible. Even if we can't stay onsite, we'd like a nice hotel that's convenient to the parks so we can check on her frequently. We won't leave her in a kennel. Are we destined to never return to WDW? :sad1: As a side note, we love UO because we get a deluxe hotel & she's welcome to join us. If only WDW were the same. :sad2: Okay, pity party over. Any suggestions for deluxe hotels near WDW that allow little miss Molly? :teeth:

After more research, I discovered that the Omni @ ChampionsGate allows pets. At least, Travelocity & a couple others list it as pets allowed. Has anyone stayed there? What did you think of the hotel. Most importantly, how far is it from the parks? We have to pass by the exit between our home & Orlando, but I've never paid that much attention to distance, etc. TIA for any info you can provide. :)

I like Celebration World Resort - it around 3 miles from WDW's AK. you can go in the back roads and save you some time.

www.celebrationworldresort.com

now it is not a hotel - so finding it might be a problem - most of the time you can find it on
www.skyauction.com
if not then you need to know someone who is a member of RCI - it is on their getaways alot.

if you want a hotel - then Sheraton's Safari is not far and did accept pets - call them to be sure.

Renaissance Hotel over at Seaworld is nice and accepts pets.

the other ritz carlton across the country have accepted pets - I am not sure why the one in Orlando does NOT.

as you know all the Universal hotel accepts pets.

Disney does not have a hotel or villa that will accept pets. When asked Disney says they have no plans to build one or change one over....

here are link
sheraton safari
http://www.sheratonsafari.com/

the Renassiance did away with their pet friendly....sorry.

here are the marriott that are pet friendly
https://marriott.com/search/citySearchResults.mi?page=1

all the Laquinta and Rodeway do allow pets

this site is wrong - because it list places that I know Spicey could not stay at

but you can try it
http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Florida/ORLANDO/index.html

these are closer to being correct
http://www.1clickpethotels.com/Florida/FL_kissimmee_pet_hotels.htm

http://www.1clickpethotels.com/Florida/FL_orlando_pet_hotels.htm

Thanks so much! You're so helpful on this board. We can always count on you to help. :) I wish WDW would at least allow the Swan & Dolphin to accept pets. We had decided to give all our business to Universal, since WDW won't even consider the possiblity. Unfortunately, I'm finding I need my Disney fix. Their resolve is stronger than mine. :p I'll check out the Sheraton Safari. Do you know about how far it is from WDW property? I'm going to look into Celebration World, & the Omni too. The Omni looks great, but I'm afraid it would take us too long going back & forth to check on Molly. We won't leave her more than a couple hours at a time. That's what makes Universal's resorts so convenient. BTW, I hadn't even checked out the the Ritz, because it's not all that close to the parks. It never would have occurred to me that they wouldn't allow pets. That is odd.

sheraton Safari - is very close about 1/4 mile from DD... next light down.

you know the Best Western at LBV use to accept pets - Disney stop them....

NOT FAIR!

The Sheraton Safari is diagonally across the street from the DTD hotel area entrance. So, it is extremely close and right there.

spiceycat said:
you know the Best Western at LBV use to accept pets - Disney stop them....

NOT FAIR!

I don't know what their deal is with that. Why would they care, if Swan, Dolphin, & BW allowed pets? My resolve is strengthening once again . :furious:

Only being able to leave her for a couple hours really ties you down. By the time you drive to a park, take the tram, get thru security etc., you won't have much time before you have to leave again. Is there someone at home who could watch her? If it worked for you to stay at FW, maybe you could rent an RV or camper and stay there again.

lizziepooh said:
Only being able to leave her for a couple hours really ties you down. By the time you drive to a park, take the tram, get thru security etc., you won't have much time before you have to leave again. Is there someone at home who could watch her? If it worked for you to stay at FW, maybe you could rent an RV or camper and stay there again.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) We could leave her longer than a couple hours. We just don't like to. She's spoiled rotten, & we don't want her to feel neglected. :blush:

You're right about it taking time to even get into the parks. Hard Rock Hotel @ UO is great for us, because we can walk from the park to the resort in 5 min. I wish WDW had the same set-up. :wizard: We've considered renting an RV, & we may end up doing that. Unfortunately, by the time we pay RV rental, & for the campsite, we could stay at a very nice resort. On the plus side, we could get the Dining Plan, if we went that route.

Having someone to leave her with is a big problem for us. We live in FL & all our relatives live in NC. We left her with a neighbor, when we took an Alaskan cruise & she didn't do well at all. She wouldn't eat for them. :guilty: So, when we took a Caribbean & Mexican Riviera cruise, we drove all the way to NC for my Dsis & BIL to watch her. Taking her with us is definitely the easiest option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter