I'm having one of those "I want to add on" days

arthur06

DDC #689
I know it comes up and I am pretty good about fighting it, but for some reason, I want to add on!

I have been looking on and off for a resale, but just can't get it to line up with what I want. I know I won't add on today (or even this week), but I am so tempted. I don't want to buy direct (until I know the facts and details for GFV).

Does anybody else have those days where the urge is so much greater then before?

Yes! But in the past few weeks I've been talking myself in and out of the Starwood program for various reasons! So annoying, the conflicting inner battle!

We're off to Aulani next week, with a short stop in Maui. It's just killing me that we're paying for a condo in Maui. We bought into DVC and haven't paid for a hotel stay since. It is bothering me so much that I'm handing money over "for nothing." :rotfl:

Absolutely! You're definitely not alone! We have a 160 point contract and it's been good for us since it's just me and my DH, staying studios. However, we did a few one bedrooms + the last two trips and I don't want to go back to the studios now and want more points so I don't have to borrow beg and steal from next years points. I feel your pain and you have my sympathy. We should start a support group!

I know it comes up and I am pretty good about fighting it, but for some reason, I want to add on!

I have been looking on and off for a resale, but just can't get it to line up with what I want. I know I won't add on today (or even this week), but I am so tempted. I don't want to buy direct (until I know the facts and details for GFV).

Does anybody else have those days where the urge is so much greater then before?

I find this disease quickly cured upon receiving the annual dues bills in December/January. You just have to do it enough times to be cured. Kinda like taking medicine.

I was the same way. We were totally itching to get back to HH and it's so tough to get in there at 7 months out. So, we were looking and looking at add ons there and wanted to do it some days and then didn't want to other days. We were holding out for the perfect contract...75-100 points with June UY that had all 2012 points and maybe even some 2011 points and was priced to sell. The beginning of this month we finally bit the bullet and made an offer...it's almost perfect (no June UY...August instead). That should hold us off for a while and keep me from browsing the resale listings....we'll see.

I find this disease quickly cured upon receiving the annual dues bills in December/January. You just have to do it enough times to be cured. Kinda like taking medicine.

My husband reminds me of these bills everytime I bring up the subject. He asked me for a total of our various contracts the other day. I pretended like I didn't hear him :rotfl:

I only have 155 points (125 at BLT and 30 at BWV). So I am not at the point yet with high dues. I would like a 50 point add on at BWV, 30 doesn't go far, and just wonder if I should go direct and just be done with it.

So soon after receiving the annual dues statement? Wow, you've got it bad.

I added on 350 points earlier this year, almost doubling the number of points we own and have yet to receive the dues statement. I think I'm prepared for it! :rotfl2: I'm good for now, but I certainly can't tell you how to resist it seeing from my actions earlier this year. In fact I have five different contracts, so I have suffered it quite often! :rotfl:

I'm having one of those "I want to add on" days

I only have 155 points (125 at BLT and 30 at BWV). So I am not at the point yet with high dues. I would like a 50 point add on at BWV, 30 doesn't go far, and just wonder if I should go direct and just be done with it.
If it helps any -- you have my permission to get that add-on!

I know the feeling!!! Just had that feeling last month and we took the jump! We added on a 120 point contract at BWV's. We have had this problem a lot, we have 6 different contract's between SSR, AKV, BLT, and now BWV's. So, I say GO FOR IT!!!!

Cyndi

I was talking to my Guide today and she said that they probably won't start selling points at GF till the end of 2012. I'm on the list for a call as soon as they do.
Nancy

Yes know the feeling well, that is how we got up to the total number of points we have now!

There is no know cure....medicine can help and that is when you see your dues cost....other than that, sorry you are helpless against this stronger feeling. Give in, find the best deal and go for it!!!!:cool1:

When you reach the point that we have that we can't stay in studios (even at the resort that is 25 minutes from our house) you know you're in trouble! :lmao:

But, if you buy resale, you can get 100 BWV points for the same price!

I know all about that addonitus bug, too - it bit me only a couple of months after getting my first contract - what's up with that! And I totally understand wanting to stay in a one-bedroom. The studios are nice but, once you stay in the one bedroom, there is no going back.

OT here, but how are you liking your new kitchen?

But, if you buy resale, you can get 100 BWV points for the same price!

I know all about that addonitus bug, too - it bit me only a couple of months after getting my first contract - what's up with that! And I totally understand wanting to stay in a one-bedroom. The studios are nice but, once you stay in the one bedroom, there is no going back.

OT here, but how are you liking your new kitchen?

We will add on at some point, and it will 99.9% be resale. I would love that 75-100 point BWV contract. I don't currently scour the resale sites, I might find something. :rotfl2:

Also, we are loving the new kitchen! Thanks

How is the property on HH? We've stayed on the Island, but over off of South Forest Beach Drive. How is staying on the lagoon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter