• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm guessing it's time

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
to close the pool here in the East:( Overall, it's been a pretty crappy summer weather wise for pool owners. I have given up hope and will be covering the pool this weekend:( This coming weeks temps look to be in the 60's and 70's. Normally, I don't cover the pool until mid October:(

Its even a bit colder in the Heartland , odd summer but still enjoyed it

Its even a bit colder in the Heartland , odd summer but still enjoyed it

Me too, pool aside..I had an awesome August vacation:smokin: Had my first calzone..that thing was fantastic:worship:

No pool, but 100 today, 100 tomorrow, 99 Sunday, wish I had one.

We didn't use our pool much at all this summer. The weather just wasn't great at all. I'm sad to be closing it. I hate cold weather.

In Niagara Ontario area of Canada we had a better summer than some other areas.

In Calgary, Albera they've already had a snowstorm!! :sad2:

Closed ours last weekend. I LOVED this summer and if we could have summers like this every year, I would get rid of the pool!! DH was the only one in it this summer.

We were going to close ours this weekend. But it is 45 degrees right now.

We live in Michigan too. My husband always waits to take down the pool (it is a 16x52 Intex) till after the leaves start falling. This year somehow I got him to do it early so last weekend it was taken down and packed away. Hubby is glad that it's not on his plate this weekend with the wet and cold weather we've got. I have to say our kids only got in the pool a few times, and not at all in August.

We used our pool a total of 5 times this year. Weird summer, only 1 stretch of 90 degree days which is quite unusual. We normally keep it open through mid October but not this year. We will be closing it next week.

We live in Michigan too. My husband always waits to take down the pool (it is a 16x52 Intex) till after the leaves start falling. This year somehow I got him to do it early so last weekend it was taken down and packed away. Hubby is glad that it's not on his plate this weekend with the wet and cold weather we've got. I have to say our kids only got in the pool a few times, and not at all in August.

Our pool was only used 3 times this year.

Our pool was used exactly zero times this summer. DD stayed on campus and I wasn't even going to bother to open it, but DH wanted to. Not sure why he bothered . Ready to close it next weekend. It is above ground ... We will open it next summer and if it sees no use again, we will probably get rid of it........P

They close the pool in my townhome community the day after Labor Day, but my friend will keep her pool open for another couple of weeks. I told her if the weather is warm enough (and maybe even tomorrow, mid 70s is fine, all we do is float and relax in the sun) I will be there till the very end!

We had great pool weather but that really didn't matter because I sprained my ankle July 5th. It was so bad I'm still going to physical therapy. :sad: My kids are really good swimmers but since they are so young (7 1/2 and 3 1/2) I don't feel comfortable with them getting in the pool without a grownup. Since I was out of commission they spent a lot of time staring longingly at the pool outside unless I was able to convince a friend of mine to come over who wanted to get in the pool. My dh was usually too tired after work to go swimming with them.

Going to have to break out the wet suit soon for pool swimming, the pool was a chilly 82F today.

Actually used our pool quite a bit this summer. Last weekend I think it was 100. Today? 55. We are probably done for the season. Its heated but I hate spending the money to heat it.

After 3rd week of June we had great pool weather right up to last Saturday when it was 95 and humid. Back to fall now and in the 60's so starting closing the pool today.

We closed ours two weeks ago. The leaves have already began to fall so I covered it up until next spring. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter