I'm grumpy because you're dopey... A TR - Final Thoughts 10/15

Yay! He woke up! I so understand what you say about using the MK as means to get somewhere else. That about kills me too! One year, my brother was playing at a big basketball tournament at the Wide World of Sports, and so we were clearly very close. But unfortunately, we only made it to the MK and AK one day. It literally about did me in!

I love your wedding pavilion print. Good find! :goodvibes

I can't believe your DH woke up!

I feel strangely proud of him. :rotfl:

Looks like you had a nice dinner (and yum, Condundrum). Have you eaten at Citrico's? I've been there but not to Narcoosee's...I'm wondering how they compare.

Yay! He woke up! I so understand what you say about using the MK as means to get somewhere else. That about kills me too! One year, my brother was playing at a big basketball tournament at the Wide World of Sports, and so we were clearly very close. But unfortunately, we only made it to the MK and AK one day. It literally about did me in!

I love your wedding pavilion print. Good find! :goodvibes

I was so shocked that he was awake - I double checked to make sure I wasn't asleep and dreaming :laughing: It's so hard to be so close but so far away!

The WP print looks so cute in my living room. I'm so happy with it!

I can't believe your DH woke up!

I feel strangely proud of him. :rotfl:

Looks like you had a nice dinner (and yum, Condundrum). Have you eaten at Citrico's? I've been there but not to Narcoosee's...I'm wondering how they compare.

:rotfl: Haha. I was so proud of him too :laughing:

Dinner was really good. We did eat at Citricos in March of '09. I liked Narcoosee's better - personally. Citricos seemed more "meat and potatoes" heavier where as Narcoosee's was lighter and more seafood. Both were very good.

Good for you going to DTD on a solo tour - nothing wrong with that at all :thumbsup2

I felt like I put on my big girl pants for sure. It was fun, maybe one day I'll try a park solo :scared1:

We both managed to sleep in a bit (this is a huge feat for me) until an annoying noise woke me up. (No, it wasn’t DH)

The offending party.

IMG_0408.jpg

Now that I was awake, I took a shower, and started to read. Eventually, DH got up and poked around for the longest time.

We brought Starbucks Via with us for him, because he’s not a huge fan of the Disney coffee, and I don’t really drink coffee in the mornings. We figured this would save us a ton of money – we were right. He only stopped and bought coffee once. And he actually liked it.

IMG_0228.jpg

Since he was using my horribly ancient smart phone I took the opportunity to try to convince him that I should upgrade to a new shiny one – before my contract is up. He wasn’t buying it.

You know, this will go a lot faster if you just let me do this!

IMG_0229.jpg

Come on… put (my bright pink) phone down… and let’s go

IMG_0230.jpg

Finally we were on our way. Since we didn't make it to the MK the night before, we (okay, DH) decided we should go to the MK so we could ride the train.

Yes, you heard me right, we were going to the MK just to ride the train. There's something wrong with my DH.

Soon, we arrived.

102_0956.jpg

It was decorated for Halloween already. September, nice to meet you – I think we’ll be best friends!

102_0957.jpg

We entered the park, and headed straight up to the train station.

102_0958.jpg

The train was there waiting for us! This made for one happy DH!

102_0959.jpg

Hey sweetie – did you miss me?

IMG_0232.jpg

We rode the full loop twice.

102_0961.jpg

Bet you can’t guess which picture is mine and which is DH’s

IMG_0233.jpg

102_0963.jpg

102_0965.jpg

I believe these are set up for the Halloween Party – there’s some sort of “Treat Trail”

102_0966.jpg

I asked DH if he wanted to stay in the park for a while, he said no.

I asked to take a few pictures of the Halloween decorations before we left.

102_0969.jpg

102_0970.jpg

:rotfl2: All he wanted to do was ride the choo choo & take pictures of machinery :scared1: :lmao:

Wild horses couldn't have gotten me to leave after that teaser! WOW!

You must embrace your urge to tour & do it solo if it has to be. I did this twice on our last trip & it made all of us happier :thumbsup2

Oh, & my DS likes to sleep it sounds like as much as your DH :goodvibes

HA, that "I love Nerds" stuff is hilarious! It is really cute though.

Love the Halloween decorations at the MK.

I can't believe he actually woke up. :laughing:

That's cool that you got to see got to see the Water Pagent. I was just trying to remember when I saw it last and I realized that it was almost 9 years ago. :eek: It really doesn't feel that long ago. Time sure flies. I have some great memories of it from years ago.

And seriously, you guys only went to the Magic Kingdom to ride the train around the park? Wow. Just... wow. Your husband seems quite the character. Now I'm wondering what you'll do the rest of the day.

I love that you went to the MK just to ride the train. Reminds me of my last trip. We went one night, during Spectro, just to ride the peoplemover. Makes for good memories :)

The MK fall decorations are too cute. I'd love to see it decorated like that some time!

:rotfl2: All he wanted to do was ride the choo choo & take pictures of machinery :scared1: :lmao:

Wild horses couldn't have gotten me to leave after that teaser! WOW!

You must embrace your urge to tour & do it solo if it has to be. I did this twice on our last trip & it made all of us happier :thumbsup2

Oh, & my DS likes to sleep it sounds like as much as your DH :goodvibes

Yeah... DH definitely embraced his inner 6 year old on this trip.

I'm learning that DH and I have fundamentally different vacation styles - I like to explore and do, he likes to sleep. So I might have to work on getting over my fear of the solo exploration.

My DH can sleep more than anyone I've ever met, maybe it's a guy thing? :confused3

HA, that "I love Nerds" stuff is hilarious! It is really cute though.

Love the Halloween decorations at the MK.

I really like the I love nerds things. So cute!

This was my first time seeing the Halloween decorations. I wish we could have explored them a bit more. They seemed so cute!

I can't believe he actually woke up. :laughing:

That's cool that you got to see got to see the Water Pagent. I was just trying to remember when I saw it last and I realized that it was almost 9 years ago. :eek: It really doesn't feel that long ago. Time sure flies. I have some great memories of it from years ago.

And seriously, you guys only went to the Magic Kingdom to ride the train around the park? Wow. Just... wow. Your husband seems quite the character. Now I'm wondering what you'll do the rest of the day.

:laughing: Actually, I think he surprised himself!

Yeah, I'm not sure i would seek out the EWP, but it is always fun to see. It's super random though. Before we stayed at BLT in Jan., I hadn't seen it since the 90's. It's so nostalgic!

Seriously, we went to MK just to ride the train. It's what he wanted to do - and I'm way too smart to try to argue with him :laughing:

There are many times in the course of the normal week where I feel like I'm trapped in a sitcom. Just this weekend, I asked him to clean the wall in the bathroom because it was starting to get black from dirt and moisture. 20 minutes and one huge crash later there was a small hole in my bathroom wall. I ran in and he had a sheepish grin on his face and said he could fix it. So I left him alone... 20 more minutes later, there is a 2X4 hole in my wall - still unfixed :rotfl: He looked and me and shrugged "It's the Tim Taylor syndrome" Yeesh

I love that you went to the MK just to ride the train. Reminds me of my last trip. We went one night, during Spectro, just to ride the peoplemover. Makes for good memories :)

The MK fall decorations are too cute. I'd love to see it decorated like that some time!

:laughing: I never ever thought I would go to the MK just to ride the train - the people movers okay - but the train :laughing:

The decorations are totally awesome - if you can make it, definitely do!

I'm not sure if I'll get to a "real" update tonight, so I thought I'd answer the question I know is burning in your minds.... :laughing:

How was DH today? Was he just as sleepy?

At this point you might be asking…. Is DH less Dopey than the day before? Did he get enough sleep?

I’ll just leave you with these picture and let you be the judge…

102_0973.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Oh my gosh... your DH cracks me up. That first pic looks like he's just been told the saddest thing ever! too funny!

We headed out and over to the Monorail.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Awww… nostalgia

IMG_0235.jpg

Then the monorail came

102_0972.jpg

We made our way to the TTC and waited for the next monorail.

Tron-o-rail!

IMG_0243.jpg

Next stop? Epcot!

IMG_0245.jpg

We got on the Epcot monorail and we were in a car with another child-less couple - maybe a little older than us. As the monorail was circling the WS, the guy in his best "Tina Faye doing Sarah Palin voice" said "I can see Morocco from the Monorail - take that Sarah Palin" LOL DH started laughing and the girl just looked like she might die. It was hilarious.

We got into Epcot, and stopped at Art of Disney, since I didn't get to go the night before. I showed DH the poster I wanted.

We decided to wait, because I'm not sure where I'd put it, but I just love it.

IMG_0376.jpg

(and yes, I know this picture isn’t from the Art of Disney in Epcot – it’s from the MK… but it’s the same picture, so hush you!)

IMG_0246.jpg

Then we headed to Club Cool

IMG_0244.jpg

I was quite thirsty, so why not get it for free? We stuck to our favorites, but we saw an unsuspecting family get Beverly-ed.

We then headed through my favorite random air conditioned little hallway. I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to be, but I love it!

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Our destination? Soarin' Fast Passes!

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

DH was continuing to bear similarities to a peticular dwarf, and it was really irritating me, so we had that conversation again. I couldn't get him to commit to anything.

I know I probally sound whiny, but I was getting so frustrated with him, because he would say he didn't care what we did, but then say no to anything I wanted to do, until I guessed what he wanted to do. I was hot and tired myself, and I just couldn't handle him acting like a child. I wanted to hook him up to a caffeine IV stat.

Well, I'm at least glad to hear that you guys didn't just go back to the hotel after your one ride at the Magic Kingdom. Too bad DH is still on the dopey side.

Love the random air conditioned hallway. There used to be some things in there. Years ago there was an exhibit on Imagineering with a work-in-progress demonstration of the Aladdin virtural reality ride that's now at DisneyQuest. A few years ago there was a exhibit celebrating EPCOT's 25th anniversary. Even though it's pretty empty now, I've noticed that some characters appear there every so often though. I spotted Lilo and Snow White's Prince there in December.

I totally get your frustration. DBF and I went on a trip with my best friend and her boyfriend a couple of years ago, and we had that exact same experience. They didn't want to do anything, but they also didn't want to do anything we suggested. Ugh...

I feel like we met Belle in that hallway before. It looks really familiar!

I graded 2 complete tests at school today already, and I graded Part I of another. I also only have 1 class left to prepare for tomorrow's lesson plans. Therefore, I am going to reward myself by finally catching up on your trip report! WOOHOO!!!

Haha, love how you pointed out your summer house and clarified that your real house is in Epcot's China ... across the "street" from me!

Wet underwear and wet socks are the absolute worst. I remember when I also got soaked on a ride wearing a denim skort. I got these denim burns on my inner thighs from walking!!! So unpleasant!

I cannot WAIT to watch some Stacey for myself! Then I'll finally understand what everyone's referencing! (Haha, I actually just YouTubed the Must Do's, and oh dear, she is quite the entertaining gal!)

I'm going to have to reread the Hidden Magic stuff for AK before Howard and I go for our Disneymoon. I read it in passing because I didn't know what was being referenced. Looking forward to seeing the ketchup, mustard, and mayo thing! Haha, I don't like writing "catsup" because Matt actually says "cat-sup" when he sees that, and it bugs me!

How cute is that dinosaur who took a chomp outta that sign!!!

LOVE THE DEAL of the waking up thing and the D&B bag thing! Haha. I'm sure that'd be a way to get ME up because I'm the napper who does NOT want to get up. If I nap after work, I have Howard call me. Usually he calls, and I say, "15 more minutes?" and he'll call me again. And again. And again. Sometimes I don't hear it at all. Hehe.

I like the framing of the pic you took of the Lego robot guy who's gonna destroy the crowds for you!

I definitely definitely definitely need to get something with the "I Love Nerds" thing on it. I think it'd be appropriate too since I'm a teacher. Haha, that might be my "bigger" souvenir purchase in February! Hopefully, it'll still be there!

Ooo, I like your Wedding Pavilion print! I've got a Larry Dotson thing too; a student bought it for me for Christmas 2 years since he too was a Disney fanatic and his fam just went. I have the one with Wishes, and he was there at the time, so he personalized it and signed it.

Those scallops look AMAZING. I'm very intrigued by nicely done scallops. I've never had "expensive" scallops before where it's the main course. Haha, I don't know if that makes sense, but I just always had it when it was part of a dish, and it's not the main focus. Obviously as a main course, they better be some gosh darn yummy scallops!

I can not wait until I can "Beverly" my family :tiptoe: Shhhhh, Don't tell them, only I know how bad it is :lmao:

Well, I'm at least glad to hear that you guys didn't just go back to the hotel after your one ride at the Magic Kingdom. Too bad DH is still on the dopey side.

Love the random air conditioned hallway. There used to be some things in there. Years ago there was an exhibit on Imagineering with a work-in-progress demonstration of the Aladdin virtural reality ride that's now at DisneyQuest. A few years ago there was a exhibit celebrating EPCOT's 25th anniversary. Even though it's pretty empty now, I've noticed that some characters appear there every so often though. I spotted Lilo and Snow White's Prince there in December.

I'm not going to lie, it was dicey there for a minute - I thought he might throw in the towel - but he soldiered on. But he was definitely dopey!

That's so cool - too bad they don't use it for demonstrations anymore. I'm glad they use it for character interactions - it seems like the perfect place on a hot day. Every time we've gone through it, it's been blissfully cold and 100% empty - not even other guests!

I totally get your frustration. DBF and I went on a trip with my best friend and her boyfriend a couple of years ago, and we had that exact same experience. They didn't want to do anything, but they also didn't want to do anything we suggested. Ugh...

I feel like we met Belle in that hallway before. It looks really familiar!

Yeah, DH usually isn't like that which is good - I'm not sure I could have married him if he was a Disney dope all the time :laughing: I've been on vacation with people that won't do anything, or just want to hang out in the room before - so not fun.

I'm glad to hear they do character interactions in that hallway. It's such wasted space otherwise (but a fun air-conditioned treat for those in the "know")

I can not wait until I can "Beverly" my family :tiptoe: Shhhhh, Don't tell them, only I know how bad it is :lmao:

I'm always too afraid to do it to my family - I tell them ahead of time, and then they never want to try it :confused3

I love the "Beverly" is now a verb! :laughing:

Okay Ms. Ninja... you get your own post :cutie:

I graded 2 complete tests at school today already, and I graded Part I of another. I also only have 1 class left to prepare for tomorrow's lesson plans. Therefore, I am going to reward myself by finally catching up on your trip report! WOOHOO!!!

Woah, sounds like you kicked some grading butt today. Hmmm.. that sentence just isn’t right is it? Glad you found the time to catch up. (and I feel honored that my TR is a "reward" hope I didn't disappoint you too much :cutie:)

Haha, love how you pointed out your summer house and clarified that your real house is in Epcot's China ... across the "street" from me!

How could I forget my neighbor! Since it it was Labor Day weekend - the last weekend of summer we only visited our summer house, and not our real house :rotfl:

Wet underwear and wet socks are the absolute worst. I remember when I also got soaked on a ride wearing a denim skort. I got these denim burns on my inner thighs from walking!!! So unpleasant!

Yick! My thighs hurt just reading that! I hate getting soaked too - the poncho got me just the right amount of wet to cool me off, but I was dry enough to be comfortable. I felt really bad for the woman on our raft wearing a white linen dress- I don't know what she was thinking!

I cannot WAIT to watch some Stacey for myself! Then I'll finally understand what everyone's referencing! (Haha, I actually just YouTubed the Must Do's, and oh dear, she is quite the entertaining gal!)

Yay for '12 and Stacey :cloud9: - the old one was much better, but she's still quite funny. I have no idea why, but it's sort of strangely comforting to hear her voice and know you're at Disney!

I'm going to have to reread the Hidden Magic stuff for AK before Howard and I go for our Disneymoon. I read it in passing because I didn't know what was being referenced. Looking forward to seeing the ketchup, mustard, and mayo thing! Haha, I don't like writing "catsup" because Matt actually says "cat-sup" when he sees that, and it bugs me!

How cute is that dinosaur who took a chomp outta that sign!!!

I read it all really fast and didn't remember too much of it. DH got into it late, so only read the MK stuff. But some of the stuff is so cool in there! I can't stand the "cat-sup" pronunciation either!

LOVE THE DEAL of the waking up thing and the D&B bag thing! Haha. I'm sure that'd be a way to get ME up because I'm the napper who does NOT want to get up. If I nap after work, I have Howard call me. Usually he calls, and I say, "15 more minutes?" and he'll call me again. And again. And again. Sometimes I don't hear it at all. Hehe.

I'm good at making deals where either way I win :rotfl:

DH is like that too. I can call him, sit on him, play the radio, there's nothing that can wake him up. I was so happy he woke up on his own, because if he was still sleeping, I had no chance of waking him up.

I like the framing of the pic you took of the Lego robot guy who's gonna destroy the crowds for you!

I'd like to say that it was skill, but really I was shooting and walking, so it was totally by accident :laughing:

I definitely definitely definitely need to get something with the "I Love Nerds" thing on it. I think it'd be appropriate too since I'm a teacher. Haha, that might be my "bigger" souvenir purchase in February! Hopefully, it'll still be there![/Quotes]

Actually, I totally thought of you when I saw it! They had an I love nerds bag - I was like Rachel would love this and she could use it because she's a teacher and doesn't work in a stuffy office like me :cutie:

I'll keep an eye out on the stuff for you when I'm there in Oct. and Dec :rotfl:

Ooo, I like your Wedding Pavilion print! I've got a Larry Dotson thing too; a student bought it for me for Christmas 2 years since he too was a Disney fanatic and his fam just went. I have the one with Wishes, and he was there at the time, so he personalized it and signed it.

This was one of the first times I even noticed the Larry Dotson prints. I seriously didn't know they even existed! I haven't seen the Wishes one, I bet it's awesome. I really like the WP one. It's a great souvenir for us!

Those scallops look AMAZING. I'm very intrigued by nicely done scallops. I've never had "expensive" scallops before where it's the main course. Haha, I don't know if that makes sense, but I just always had it when it was part of a dish, and it's not the main focus. Obviously as a main course, they better be some gosh darn yummy scallops!

I totally get what you mean by "expensive" scallops. They're my dad's favorite seafood, so I grew to love them - and I always order them if they're on the menu. I :lovestruc scallops!

The ones at Narcoosee's were YUMMY!

Phew.... that was a long response. Now since you caught up, I suppose i should stop slacking and post another update.... huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter