I'm going to my 1st CM crop party Friday I don't know what to bring!?!?

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
I preordered the Christmas album so I know I want to work on holiday pictures. She doesn't mind if we bring "our" tools of the trade. I have no CM stuff. How many pictures would you bring? I have a ton! She did say we would be making a page...I guess with her stuff and new ideas she has and some new tool she just got, a block cutter. There is a $10 and then of course we can purchase stuff... I am very excited but a little nervous I have been winging my pages with very little directions.....also this is my dd current kindergarten teacher! Any info would be great!

I usually only take the pictures for the album I'm currently working on. So in your case I'd take the holiday ones and leave the rest at home. Unless you think you'll get them all done. Then you'll have to decide what pages you'll be doing in what album next! :)
I bring my own scissors, markers, corner rounder, and paper cutter. Even though my CMC has those things there for everyone to use I've found that I don't like to wait my turn and her cutters are a little dull after so much use. Put your name on everything of yours.
I like to go to these crops because I can buy stuff there as I need it. It's fun to crop with others and see their albums too. Have a good time!

I'm also going to a crop this weekend - my first ever and it's for the WHOLE WEEKEND!

I've no idea how many pages I will get done, probably only 1 -LOL - but I've packed a ton of photo's just in case. :D

Mostly I plan on going a lot of shopping, and a lot of nattering with friends I have met in cyber-space but have never met in real-life before.

All I have to do first is get myself, my bag and my Zag (very large toolbox full of scrapping stuff) on the train and across London to the crop. :eek:

bev

Yours sounds like so much fun! Luckily for me this is just a couple of hours! But it will give me a chance to look at lots of stuff....
I figure I am just going to bring my pens, sissors, paper cutter and I think I have some Christmas stickers and boarders.
I went through all my pictures and have them ready to go.
My biggest problem now is....do I start with this year or last year?
Guess once I see the albums I will have a better idea. My current albums are binders so it wouldn't matter I can add the pages once they are in the sleeves!
Have fun!

Spinning- I have a tip for you. I use pocket protectors and scrap on seperate pieces of paper or cardstock (and only on one side) and then slip them in the sleeves. That way I can move them around or take them out and put them elsewhere if I find more pictures or whatever.
Does this make sense?

Spinning, I also scrap on card in page protectors, so I can do any pages that take my fancy and then rearrange them at a later date.

The weekend crop should be fun, but I would love to go to regular evening crops - unfortunatly there are very few scrappers in the UK and they mostly seem to live in London, which is a 3 hour train journey from here- so I can't really justify the trip for just one day - but when the owner of one of my LSS's said she was having a weekend long crop, I decided to take the plunge and make the journey!

LSS being a bit of a lie since it's not remotely local, but I don't know what you call a mail-order Scrapbook Store - my MOSS doesn't sound quite right :D

hope you have a good time

Bev

I do the page protectors too. But since this is my first time iwth CM I am not sure how their albums work, if you can take them apart easily to be able to money with the pages. But tonight I will! I have so much to do.
I plan to take this years Christmas pages I went through the pages I have done over the past year and I actually have some Christmas finished. I get doubles of every picture so the doubles I found were suppose to be sent on to my mom (the ones I dont' like! HAHAHA)
I'll let you guys know how it went!

the CM albums are very nice. They come apart just like the strap hinge ones you'd get at Michael's. You can also use page protectors with them.
Have a good time!!!:)

This sounds to me like you've been invited to a CM "Beginner's Class." If that's the case, you ONLY need to bring 8-10 pictures from one event. The CMC will supply the page, page protector and all the supplies to put that page together. And you will be just doing 1 page. I would call to verify if it's a class or a workshop. If it's a workshop (which would be like 4-5 hours probably in the CMC's home) then you could bring all your stuff and plan on doing multiple pages. But you mentioned you'd be completing a page there, so it sounds like a class to me. It really will be hard on the CMC if you bring a lot of stuff. It's hard to teach a class in a 2-hour time frame if people are bringing too much stuff and trying to do too much. There really is already quite a bit to cover in a class.

WOW!
What a night! Lots of fun but a wee bit overwhelming!
dizfamily The CM person hosted it at her home. She does this once a month. She had the stuff to make one page but I was the only newbie there! Well one other lady did the page she offered. It was a lot of fun!
I couldn't believe all of the stuff everyone BROUGHT! I am sure for you die hards that is usual! But 3 of the ladies had books filled with every sticker under the sun! Along with a file box filled with die cuts neat tools....and it was funny they would get so excited to come over and show me all their tools and how to use them, asked to come to their house and scrap with them!
I really had fun! Saw many different ideas! The ABC books were neat, holiday books, one lady was Working on a Disney album! Way Kewl!
Nancy helped get me started. Showed me some of the tools and away I went. I finished 3 pages and spent a ton of money!
I bought:
Christmas album, corner rounder (LOVE IT!) oval cutter set, stickers, paper and I ordered a rolling kind of cutter, she had the blades but not the template thing!
Now I just want the circle cutter I also want to get one of those mini albums to make a small grandmother's album for Christmas.
And I want the pages for the school days...and I want.....and I want.....
So it was lots of fun! I plan to go again next month.
I think I may host a party here some of my friends are interested in getting into scrapping!
Thanks everyone!
Sondra

Spinning...I'm so glad you had a great time! Sounds like the CMC does monthly workshops but also does a little mini beginner's class for those beginners that come.

The rolling cutter thing....is it the arabesque or antique blade for the 12" pattern? Those are great! I love to make fancy little edges on my borders with them.

It is the antque blade. It looked really pretty on the mats. I like my pictures to have very crisp edges but I like the look when it was doubled matted and the second mat was trimmed with that. It made it kind of look like torn paper...she said it should be in in a week.
I hope tomorrow to sit down and do some more! Today was way too busy!

Glad you had a good time! It is fun to see other scrappers ideas and books. I like the social part too!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter