• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm going to miss the Wonder....

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
when the Dream becomes the main 3, 4, and 5 day cruise ship from Port Canaveral. I really, really love that the Wonder is NOT one of those massive ships. :guilty: And the rooms are smaller on the Dream? :sad1:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I will really be sad to see the Wonder leave.

when the Dream becomes the main 3, 4, and 5 day cruise ship from Port Canaveral. I really, really love that the Wonder is NOT one of those massive ships. :guilty: And the rooms are smaller on the Dream? :sad1:

OTOH, and not to rub salt in your wounds :hug: , but I am so happy to be taking the Wonder through the Panama Canal to a home port near The Original (Disneyland!), and look forward to booking west coast cruises and not have to deal with air travel! :goodvibes

I'm so looking forward to staying at the Grand Californian a few nights, then boarding the Wonder for a Mexican Riviera or a (fingers crossed!) Hawaiian cruise! :cloud9:

If it makes you feel better, I am dreaming of welcoming the Wonder! Assuming I don't move, summer of 2011 she will be docking an hour away from my home. And getting from here to her future winter home will probably be easier than your trip to her current home.

I am sad too. The Wonder is "our" ship (well we have been on the Magic 3 times, but the Wonder 6 times, so it feels more like home to us).

We have our last Wonder cruise booked for March to say goodbye and have one last stay in our Secret Porthole room.

I will miss it too. This will probably be our last Disney Cruise for a long time (maybe ever, who knows). I don't think I am going to like the new ships the way I did the old ones. I don't like crowds, and the extra people, especially at Castaway Cay, just doesn't appeal to me. And I know the Wonder and Magic will be on the West coast, but without Castaway Cay, it just isn't the same either (that is the best part of the cruise).

But our March cruise will be our 10th, so a good number to go out on! We started sailing with Disney in 2000, so it will have been a good 10 years of memories! :)

I will miss it too. This will probably be our last Disney Cruise for a long time (maybe ever, who knows). I don't think I am going to like the new ships the way I did the old ones. I don't like crowds, and the extra people, especially at Castaway Cay, just doesn't appeal to me. And I know the Wonder and Magic will be on the West coast, but without Castaway Cay, it just isn't the same either (that is the best part of the cruise).

I'm sad too! I totally agree about the crowds. We were at Castaway Cay this past weekend, and seeing all the construction taking place DH talked a lot about how we were not happy about the thought of bigger crowds there. Sure do hope Disney is doing careful planning so it doesn't feel too crowded. A busy day at the Magic Kingdom doesn't leave me feeling so optimistic about their ability to make the place not feel like a mob of people. A cast member on the Wonder told us that the current ships hold 2700 people, and the new ships will hold 4000. That's a lot of extra people on the family beach!

I know exactly how you feel about the Wonder... everything about it is just the right size; I'm so sad about the Wonder leaving the east coast that I've booked the Panama Canal cruise just to get a good long trip before she's gone for good.

I'm going to miss her too. :( I really wanted to do the PC but can't because I can't pull DS out of 11th grade for that long. Ah well, change is good! I'll give the Dream a try during 2011 but I also want to try out smaller ships on other lines because I really liked the intimacy of the Wonder and Magic.

well the Magic feel more like home to me so I don't think of the Wonder the same as the Magic, but I did book two cruises on the Wonder b2b for April/May 2011 so I can go on the older ship, also will go on the new ship as well, I don't mind crowds much, if I did wouldn't go to the parks:cool1:

Let's see now, how can I put this ... I feel your pain as we have always had to fly cross country to even get a gimps of the Wonder and now it will be in my back yard!

I am excited that we will finally be able to take a Disney Cruise every year and not have to book extra days to fly back and forth.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but as the old saying goes - one mans loss is another mans gain!! :banana::banana::banana:

Personally, I am not big into change.
I will miss the Wonder too.
I love the size of the Magic and Wonder ships.
At least we still have the Magic in FL (east coast).
While i am sure the Dream is a wonderful ship I am also afraid it will loose the "smaller intimate" feeling I get on the Wonder and Magic.

I promise we'll take good care of the Wonder on the West Coast! :goodvibes

I can't wait to bring the Wonder to California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter