i'm going to fix disney's plumbing when i get there

Status
Not open for further replies.

themouseforme

Mouseketeer
don't you guys tell. the thing is, i absolutely, definitely, positively, unequivocally, regardless of any and all consequences, refuse to shower without a movable nozzle (you know, shower massage thing). i don't understand how anyone does without one. so, i'll take an adjustable wrench, some plumbing tape, and the nozzle, remove theirs, and put theirs back when i leave. they're mostly pretty simple to install. the maids, though. i don't think they'll 'rat me out'.

themouseforme - very cool you have the plumbing knowledge (my DH could also do it - but never does).

We bring Command hooks (the removable wall kind) to hang in the bathroom. We use them to hang items when there is very little counter space and for more storage. We remove the Command hooks before we go home.

themouseforme - very cool you have the plumbing knowledge (my DH could also do it - but never does).

We bring Command hooks (the removable wall kind) to hang in the bathroom. We use them to hang items when there is very little counter space and for more storage. We remove the Command hooks before we go home.

We use Command hooks when we stay with our Disney travel buddy in our room. We hang a curtain on the wall at the entrance to the bedroom to make a lovely dressing room (little more privacy when there are 3 of us). I even found a marked down bedsheet....blue background with mickey's ears, shorts, white glove and shoes....perfect colors for any of our YC, BC or BWI stays to create the curtain!

When we leave, poof, the command hooks come down and we leave no trace.

By the way.....we found this tip on the DISboards many years ago!!

Could you go over to OKW and fix the faucets so that they do the lefty-loosey, righty-tighty thing correctly? I can't stand it when it's backwards!

Could you go over to OKW and fix the faucets so that they do the lefty-loosey, righty-tighty thing correctly? I can't stand it when it's backwards!

You may have stumbled onto a brilliant money-making idea!

A whole industry of "contractors for hire" staying at the WDW resorts. You could repaint rooms for those who don't care for the color scheme, add microwaves and venting systems for those who want popcorn in their rooms but don't want to have their neighbors smell it, install extra insulation in loud rooms during Pop Warner week, etc. You could make a mint! :rotfl2:

Seriously, OP, I've never done it at WDW, but I've heard of it being done at other resorts with no issues. Back when I traveled a lot, I used to bring a few things to make the rooms more homey, and it makes a big difference. As long as you're careful, and replace it when you leave, I don't see it as an issue.

You must have stayed in my VWL 2BR before I got to it. One was already installed.

I am planning on bringing one of those door screens that sticks to the top of the doorjamb so I can keep the patio/balcony door open without worrying about bugs and critters. So I don't think you're crazy at all, lol.

The Command hooks idea is brilliant! Thanks for the super idea! When we stay at the cabins, I'll get the screen door thing-another fantastic idea!

Couldn't you request a Handicapped accessible room? they have those there don't they?

I can't believe you can't live without a swivel shower head for a few days. I'm sure altering Disney property and/or removing components is not allowed. Regardless if you're a plumber or not, you should not alter the equipment in the room if you were not contracted by Disney to do so. I'd hate to be the next family to use the shower and something happens due to your negligence.

Bottom line: LEAVE THINGS ALONE!:mad:

I dont understand what the big deal is. Its not like the OP wouldn't put the shower head back on. Its pretty simple to do.

I can't believe you can't live without a swivel shower head for a few days. I'm sure altering Disney property and/or removing components is not allowed. Regardless if you're a plumber or not, you should not alter the equipment in the room if you were not contracted by Disney to do so. I'd hate to be the next family to use the shower and something happens due to your negligence.

Bottom line: LEAVE THINGS ALONE!:mad:

My son, then 7 years old, hung up my new moveable shower nozzle hose thing for me. It's so easy. Not having my shower nozzle is the one thing I hate about vacations. I can't STAND not showering without it. If I had room in my suitcase I'd totally bring it.

Well, shucks... it never occured to me that the shower head would not be a removable type.

Wonder if I would have to explain that in my suitcase to airport security? LOL

I agree with the OP, when we stayed at AKL I asked the front desk if I could install one (yes I was planning on driving to a local store to get one) they instead had maintenance install one for me. However calls and requests for one to be installed while at CBR when unheard.

my husband does the same thing! He doesn't like the showerheads so he always brings one along and changes it. He just puts theirs back on before we leave.

i'll just be frank. taking that nozzle down and aiming that water right where you want it... nothing more refreshing.

my husband does the same thing! He doesn't like the showerheads so he always brings one along and changes it. He just puts theirs back on before we leave.

I would love if all the villas had them. It sure makes it harder to rinse DDs hair without one.

Denise in MI

i'll just be frank. taking that nozzle down and aiming that water right where you want it... nothing more refreshing.

OMG! LOL! LOL! I was thinking the same thing but didn't have the nerve to post it! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter