I'm going crazy

Huh. :)

Now you got me thinking that I should just become a DVC member. lol

I thought about it last year, but didn't think it was the right thing for me at the time. But maybe it is a better way to "invest" my money.

Thanks for the tip on renting though! I'll look into it, cause I know absolutely nothing about it.

Staying 15 nights at a deluxe (or however long you are looking to stay) is going to cost a TON of money. Like, 7 grand or more. I hope you are rich.

Staying 15 nights at a deluxe (or however long you are looking to stay) is going to cost a TON of money. Like, 7 grand or more. I hope you are rich.

:rotfl2:

Trust me, I'm not :)

Which is why, as much as I would love love love to stay at a deluxe hotel, I can't justify the cost - especially without a discount. Then the villas cost even more than that!

I have a lovely Excel spreadsheet comparing all the prices. And telling me what I can afford. It is depressing to look at.

I have no idea how people can afford the Polynesian. I wish I knew their secret.

I read that a lot of people rent for years and that's all they do.
I'm learning myself, but if you go aback to the top of the page and click on the first disney discussion boards, under the DVC section, you will find DVC rent/ trade section, go in there and look for information and ask all the questions that you have. My sister wants to also buy DVC but she can't do it now so she is going to start renting because she loved AKV when I took her with her children.

I looked into a little bit more - so I wanted to say a special thank you.

:cheer2: THANK YOU! :cool1:

The idea about renting someone else's DVC points at first just seemed a tad sketchy to me (I have a weird mind). But after I did what you suggested (read boards etc), and talked to my mommy (she owns a Sheraton timeshare), I'm now seriously considering this idea. Cause I really wanted to be at a villa.

So thank you for pushing me into the idea! I appreciate it! Again trying to get out of my comfort zone.

The only issue I have about the idea, if I do go that route, is how to break it to my travel agent (sad). But at least she will still get a commission on the cruise!

I looked into a little bit more - so I wanted to say a special thank you.

:cheer2: THANK YOU! :cool1:

The idea about renting someone else's DVC points at first just seemed a tad sketchy to me (I have a weird mind). But after I did what you suggested (read boards etc), and talked to my mommy (she owns a Sheraton timeshare), I'm now seriously considering this idea. Cause I really wanted to be at a villa.

So thank you for pushing me into the idea! I appreciate it! Again trying to get out of my comfort zone.

The only issue I have about the idea, if I do go that route, is how to break it to my travel agent (sad). But at least she will still get a commission on the cruise!

No problem!
I'm glad that I could help. I never rented before but I know that in that forum they mention some owners who are very trust worthy and do it all the time.
We are also going to AKV in December but we are getting there on the 26th and staying for New Years!
If you do rent, and looking at the fact that you are going by yourself, I would probably do a split stay and stay some days at the BWV if you never stayed there before. I love it that there is always something going on at the BW and when you are done, you just walk back to your room. The person that you rent from can try to get you a split stay if that's what you want. Good luck and let us know how things turn out ;)

If I were going to Disney and then on a cruise and wanted to save money I would stay at one of the value resorts. My husband and I went down for a fall trip last October 2012 , and didn't want to spend alot of money knowing we were going back this summer and Christmas was coming! We just wanted a room for the night and had went to just enjoy the theme parks for a few days by ourselves. We have a nice camper but staying at a value was just as cheap or cheaper for us by the time we payed for the gas to pull it to Florida. I like Fort Wilderness, & camping too. But... I personally am not going to pay more to camp when I can stay at a hotel cheaper! LOL! Rates of the hotels were cheaper for that time of year and we also got the dining plan free. (Hmm... no cooking) Someone (forgot who) recommended I stay in the Football or Homerun section of All Star Sports and the standard room would be close enough to lobby and that I wouldn't need to spend the extra money for a preferred room like I had at POP. Disney gave us a room in the Homerun section and we liked it! It wasn't so far away from the lobby that I had to drive and I really enjoyed having our car right outside our door. We were almost by ourselves! I don't know what you didn't like at Pop(We loved it) but it is going to be about the samething but a smaller version when comparing the resorts, lobby, food court. In fact I would have to say that Pops, lobby, food court, big pool seems a little nicer to me. All Star Movies Food court is a little larger and seems more like Pop than Music or Sports. I thought the room was the same, and the food was about the same except All Stars Sports didn't have the tie dyed cheesecake. LOL! My only complaint was that in October the pool was very cold. Disney was not heating the pools yet and I heard several guest complaining about it. The lifeguard said well there is nothing I can do about it & I wish they would heat them now too. We have to swim in these cold pools everyday! I went swimmig by myself and my husband thought I was crazy!

I've stayed at most of the disney resorts...from all star to animal kingdom to saratoga springs. They are all great and different price ranges.

No problem!
I'm glad that I could help. I never rented before but I know that in that forum they mention some owners who are very trust worthy and do it all the time.
We are also going to AKV in December but we are getting there on the 26th and staying for New Years!
If you do rent, and looking at the fact that you are going by yourself, I would probably do a split stay and stay some days at the BWV if you never stayed there before. I love it that there is always something going on at the BW and when you are done, you just walk back to your room. The person that you rent from can try to get you a split stay if that's what you want. Good luck and let us know how things turn out ;)

If I do decide to rent points, I think I'll go with http://www.dvcrequest.com/ - they seem to get a lot of good reviews here on the boards. Just seems a little bit more secure. And a villa would be so great and helpful. But no matter where I end up staying, I promise I will make it to the boardwalk at least once during my trip!

If I were going to Disney and then on a cruise and wanted to save money I would stay at one of the value resorts. My husband and I went down for a fall trip last October 2012 , and didn't want to spend alot of money knowing we were going back this summer and Christmas was coming! We just wanted a room for the night and had went to just enjoy the theme parks for a few days by ourselves. We have a nice camper but staying at a value was just as cheap or cheaper for us by the time we payed for the gas to pull it to Florida. I like Fort Wilderness, & camping too. But... I personally am not going to pay more to camp when I can stay at a hotel cheaper! LOL! Rates of the hotels were cheaper for that time of year and we also got the dining plan free. (Hmm... no cooking) Someone (forgot who) recommended I stay in the Football or Homerun section of All Star Sports and the standard room would be close enough to lobby and that I wouldn't need to spend the extra money for a preferred room like I had at POP. Disney gave us a room in the Homerun section and we liked it! It wasn't so far away from the lobby that I had to drive and I really enjoyed having our car right outside our door. We were almost by ourselves! I don't know what you didn't like at Pop(We loved it) but it is going to be about the samething but a smaller version when comparing the resorts, lobby, food court. In fact I would have to say that Pops, lobby, food court, big pool seems a little nicer to me. All Star Movies Food court is a little larger and seems more like Pop than Music or Sports. I thought the room was the same, and the food was about the same except All Stars Sports didn't have the tie dyed cheesecake. LOL! My only complaint was that in October the pool was very cold. Disney was not heating the pools yet and I heard several guest complaining about it. The lifeguard said well there is nothing I can do about it & I wish they would heat them now too. We have to swim in these cold pools everyday! I went swimmig by myself and my husband thought I was crazy!

I don't really know why I didn't like Pop. The room was fine. The theming is amazing. And the price is obviously nice. :) I think it was mostly just being shocked by all the people. I know I know I know, Disney World = People. I had never been to Disney World when it was sooooo busy! So it likely wasn't Pop's fault - they just took the blame in my mind.

And the coldest I've ever been swimming... I went swimming in Lake Michigan I think when the water temperature was still in the 50s. It was on a class trip (so I was a teenager), so we all went out into the lake... but we didn't stay in long. All our parents thought we were insane. :)

I've stayed at most of the disney resorts...from all star to animal kingdom to saratoga springs. They are all great and different price ranges.

Thanks for your advice!

I just wanted to say quickly, again, thank you to everyone who gave me advice and helped with my decision. I really appreciate it!

I have signed my life away (or it feels like it) to AAA, and finally gave my travel agent an answer.

I did think hard about renting points - and even tried (unsuccessfully) for a concierge room at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (I knew there was little to know chance of getting it). But in the end, I decided I wasn't completely comfortable with the idea of renting points yet. But I'll consider it again in the future since I doubt this will be my last trip to Disney World!

So I'm going to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge my first night. Then I'm going to switch over to the Disney Dream. Once getting back from there, I decided on Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort for nine nights. I'm just tempted to try something completely new - and I can't really afford a deluxe for that many nights.

But we will see what happens if any discounts are announced. ;)

Thank you again everyone!

I just wanted to say quickly, again, thank you to everyone who gave me advice and helped with my decision. I really appreciate it!

I have signed my life away (or it feels like it) to AAA, and finally gave my travel agent an answer.

I did think hard about renting points - and even tried (unsuccessfully) for a concierge room at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (I knew there was little to know chance of getting it). But in the end, I decided I wasn't completely comfortable with the idea of renting points yet. But I'll consider it again in the future since I doubt this will be my last trip to Disney World!

So I'm going to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge my first night. Then I'm going to switch over to the Disney Dream. Once getting back from there, I decided on Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort for nine nights. I'm just tempted to try something completely new - and I can't really afford a deluxe for that many nights.

But we will see what happens if any discounts are announced. ;)

Thank you again everyone!

Did you get the Pirate room??? pirate: Hope you have a wonderful time!!!:banana:

Did you get the Pirate room??? pirate: Hope you have a wonderful time!!!:banana:

I did get a pirate room! pirate: Woo hoo! I didn't splurge on a water view room - because thats a lot of money just to see some water, and I'm sure I'll see a lot of water when I'm on the cruise.

I should start counting down the days... December needs to come quick!

I think you'll love CBR! Great choice!

Aw, thanks! Hopefully! I can't wait! :cool1:

I did get a pirate room! pirate: Woo hoo! I didn't splurge on a water view room - because thats a lot of money just to see some water, and I'm sure I'll see a lot of water when I'm on the cruise.

I should start counting down the days... December needs to come quick!

Aw, thanks! Hopefully! I can't wait! :cool1:

That sounds great!!! I know December seems so far away for me too but only 298 days til were there!!!!:yay:

That sounds great!!! I know December seems so far away for me too but only 298 days til were there!!!!:yay:

pixiedust:

We will both have an awesome, amazing, magical time! Just needs to come sooner... but not too soon - we need time to plaaaaaan! hehe

pirate:

If you're going for that long, definitely get an annual pass and (if you're planning on dining at Disney restaurants) a Tables in Wonderland card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter