I'm going back! and in style!

Great news.....haven't been to AKL myself to stay but have a look here and I am sure someone will be along with more AKL info for you late. :bounce:

Great choice you`ve made there! Ask for an Arusha Savannah room, though all Savannah rooms seem to have OK views.
Take time to relax and enjoy the resort, even at night time it`s a very magical place. Lastly eat at Jiko, arguably the best restaurant onsite.
Have a really great time.

We stayed at AKL for a few nights in 2003 and loved it :)

We had a great view of the savannah and saw giraffe feeding right below our balcony :)

ALso, take a look at the Boma and Jiko restaurants at the hotel - Boma is really good.

Jiko Menu
Where in Leicester are you David?

wow this board is as busy as i remember!!

i'm in the new david wilson development - Bradgate Heights, just by the glemfield Hospital and i work in the leicester landmark - The Space Centre!

I will definately be going to boma - zebra domes and Jiko for a special evening! i just hope my DB likes disney!

thanks for all your advice so far! it's great!

David
the 11th doctor - they just don't know it yet!

Hi David

Never stayed at AKL but just wanted to say Woo Hoo, you're going back :banana:

Happy Planning

DavidUK said:
wow this board is as busy as i remember!!

i'm in the new david wilson development - Bradgate Heights, just by the glemfield Hospital and i work in the leicester landmark - The Space Centre!

I will definately be going to boma - zebra domes and Jiko for a special evening! i just hope my DB likes disney!

thanks for all your advice so far! it's great!

David
the 11th doctor - they just don't know it yet!

I keep meaning to go and visit the Space Centre :)
I will have to persuade my DW to take her Brownies so I can tag along with them.

:wave: Hi David,

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! It's a great feeling going back to WDW after being away for so long, hope you and your partner both have a great time! I have visited AK but have never had the pleasure of staying there, you lucky so and so's! :goodvibes

Audrey
xxxxxx

Hi David

Well, judging from the picture in your signature, you've got him hooked on Disney already, so getting him to return to WDW should be a cinch! :flower:

We stayed at AKL (Savannah view) when it was just a few months old and we've been back almost every trip since - either to Boma or Jiko. It's a very special resort and takes on an amazing ambiance in the evenings.

Hope you both have a great time - you've got plenty of time to pick up some great tips from these boards before you go. :goodvibes

I had dragged my df to dlrp a couple of times before his 1st trip to wdw this year (my 2nd) and just look at my ticker! booked 2 weeks after we got back :banana:

:flower:

Jodie

yeah! he does enjoy disney (he tries to be manly and hide it though! but i remember his face the first time he saw whinnie the pooh!! hehe) we're looking forward to it it's been a LONG year so he deserves a holiday and it just happens to be at my favorite place in the world!!

David
who should be writing a report on usablity right now!

I dont think anyone can say they didnt enjoy disneyworld when they have been! I am sure he will love it!

We are going to AKL in January/February - fingers crossed. I will post an honest opinion when I come back.

Though I have looked into transportion and have decided that I am going to get a car for the whole time and drive to the parks from AKL.

It is really exciting taking someone to DW for the first time when they have not been before - I am sure you will have a good time!

We absolutely loved AKL when we stayed there in August this year David. We so enjoyed relaxing on the balcony and watching the animals :)

Good for you David ~ Sounds fantastic.

I'm sure you will both have a splendid time :)

Well done David, sounds fabulous, you will both have a fantastic time Im sure :goodvibes

Sue :wave:

cannp123165 said:
The AKL looks amazing. You are very lucky :-)))).

I know!! i'm soooooo excited! i can't wait now i just have to do the work to graduate!!

David
Getting into lost!

I took my other half for the first time earleir this year, I had the same concern, I wanted him to love it and want to go back. I started out with Disney in a more subtle way. We went to Universial and stayed onsite for the FOTL passes sohe didn't have to queue, he liked that. When we went to Disney the first day we did not go to the parks, but went to 'Ohana for a late dinner and I didn't tell him about wishes, just mentioned we might see some fireworks. Well, that blew him away!

The first part we did was MGM Stuidos and Fantasmic, which he also loved, and when wew went to the Magic kingdom I made sure I took him to the mid spot to look up at the castle and he was hooked. I took a slow introductio approach in case it was too much or too 'disney hardcore'.

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi David,
We stayed at AKL June 05 we splashed out on a concierge room all I can is fantastic.
To wake up and look out on the animals was an experience not to be missed.

you will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter