I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

Joining in! This sounds like a fun trip. Your travel seems like it went smoothly. Not too bad ending up at MK only 2 hours after you landed! :thumbsup2

You made great time! I check into Pop on Friday, so it's fun to see it again! Can't wait to hear about your first park, and if you got to cross many items off your bucket list!

Sounds like a great travel experience. So different and less stressful without the kids! You made good time and I look forward to hearing about your park time!
OMG it is so nice, made me wonder why I ever stressed about travel before kids.

Yay Disney!

It sounds like you had a nice easy travel day.
It was, thank goodness.

I've stayed at Pop just after it first opened and enjoyed it a lot. We always get the mugs too if we're not on the dining plan.
It's funny, because the guy looked at us like we were crazy, like only dining plan people get them :confused3

Following along! Sounds like you're off to a great start!
Thanks for joining in.

Following along!

:welcome:

I look forward to reading more.
:thanks:

:headache: Of course the watch battery dies on the first day of vacation.
I know right?

Wow! That's an awesome discount! Sorry it took so long for her to get everything done for you, but I'd say that was 15 minutes well spent to save $125.
I know, it was super awesome, but since I just got it off line I was worried it wouldn't work or something and they were trying to figure out how I got this discount. Long story short, like it was illegal to save so much :smokin:

I like the collection of mouse ears.
:rotfl2:And you know how so artfully set them up and then took picture of them? Yeah not me :rolleyes1

Joining in! This sounds like a fun trip. Your travel seems like it went smoothly. Not too bad ending up at MK only 2 hours after you landed! :thumbsup2
Yeah, definitely an awesome start :cloud9:

You made great time! I check into Pop on Friday, so it's fun to see it again! Can't wait to hear about your first park, and if you got to cross many items off your bucket list!
How fun :hyper: Have an amazing time

Following along! Your kids are adorable!
And you have a great collection of Mickey ears! Can't wait to hear more!

I'm kidding, I was actually really sad to leave. My youngest, we trying to come with us and screaming his head off :sad:.
Oh that would be hard! Glad you were able to not let that stress you though! :thumbsup2

While we were walking there was a couple in their 80’s I would say and then a separate couple in their 50’s. The younger wife said to her husband that will be us in 30 years dear, in reference to the older couple. It was cute because both couples seemed happy.
:lovestruc

So I said to Joe, that will be us in 30 years dear and he looked at me like I was crazy:rolleyes:. I guess he didn’t notice either couple:rotfl2:.
:rotfl:

And someone there had found an amazing discount code for Alamo, which I used and made my price go from $200 to $75 for the week
:cheer2:

I got quite the shock when I went through the toll and was charged 2.25. Usually we hit three tolls that are all under a dollar, and I thought we would still have 2 more tolls at that price, but there wasn’t. I guessed they just condensed the stops down, which was convenient.
OMG! I'm not crazy!! I had the same thing and could have SWORN that we ended up with less tolls but DH convinced me I was crazy! :rotfl:

The one negative about it was that we were literally right outside of the smoking section
:crazy2:

Following along! Your kids are adorable!
And you have a great collection of Mickey ears! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you. Love my ears, I fed the addiction while we were there too :rolleyes1. Thanks for following along.

Oh that would be hard! Glad you were able to not let that stress you though! :thumbsup2

:lovestruc

:rotfl:

:cheer2:

OMG! I'm not crazy!! I had the same thing and could have SWORN that we ended up with less tolls but DH convinced me I was crazy! :rotfl:

:crazy2:
You're not crazy, there were more before, so now you can say told ya so :P

Day 1: Part 2
So we just go in and walk right back out?

As we approached the parking booth, I realized that since we never went to the front desk to check in, we didn’t get a parking pass:ssst:. Yeah, so I had to explain to the lady and she was nice enough to let us through, this one time. We parked and walked to the TTC. It was a far walk, but we pretty much never use the trams unless there is one sitting there and we had just missed it, so walk it is.

We got to the TTC and had to make the crucial decision monorail or ferry? We always take the ferry first. There is just something about the slow, relaxing ride over watching everything come into view that is truly magical. However this time, we once again just missed it, like they closed the rope as we walked up, so monorail it is.

Are we happy to be here or what?

Luckily luck was finally on our side and a monorail pulled up almost immediately.

Sorry lots of selfies, this trip.

So we made to MK at 6:10 and we were an hour ahead of schedule and needed to do something very important, upgrade our MYW tickets to annual passes. First we had to go through the tapstile to use our ticket once and lock in the price of the tickets. We literally scanned in and turned right back around and walked out. The line for guest services was very long and very slow moving. If there is anything to kill your MK high, it’s standing in a long, hot line while the fun is just on the other side of the building. Thankfully, we had an amazing cast member, Lily to helped us out. She upgraded us with the discount which saved us about $170 total, which is awesome:thumbsup2. For those of you wondering, we bought our tickets from Unofficial Ticket Center which saved us a good amount, then the ticket prices increased shortly after. So the value of our ticket and what we paid for it were different and it’s basically how the cast member upgrades the tickets. She noticed that our paid for price and value were different and gave us the value. This is the reason we entered the park first and then upgraded. Anyways, she was awesome and was talking to us about how exciting to be upgrading. I would think working in the position would be so hard, most people in that line were not happy and to still be as pleasant as she was, was really nice. We also purchased Tables in Wonderland. After about 40 minutes at guest services, we were finally able to enter the park. :jumping1:

I was so happy to finally be there, usually the first time I see the castle I get a little teary eyed. There is something so special about finally being there after months of planning, but I didn’t feel that this time :confused3. Weird, but whatever I was still happy, just didn't feel that magic I guess. We stopped and got some PP pictures before our first ride.

Our first FP of the trip was for SDMT, but we had some time to kill so I took some more pictures.

Yay, finally time to ride!

Not sure what happened to the ride picture :confused:

After our ride, we were starving. We hadn’t eaten anything besides some peanuts and pretzels in 8 hours and were ready for some dinner. I had heard a lot about Peco’s Bill and wanted to try it, so we headed over there.

I got the Southwest Burger and Joe got fajitas, and then we got churros to share.

Overall I was very pleased with this location. The burger was just okay, but the being able to add whatever toppings I wanted to it and the chips, made it awesome. Joe thought the fajitas were good as well and the churros were fine. I would definitely come here again for the main courses.

The plan was to go on Splash next, but the wait was about 35 minutes so we passed. We had time before our next FP though and decided to go on PotC.

I need someone to help me out here. In this scene, I thought I remembered this being Barbosa and it was Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa's voice, but the pirate was different...

I'm not crazy, right? That was just a stand in and Barbosa is out somewhere getting fixed up right?

After the ride, we saw a CM making a water drawing of Mickey on the ground.

It was time to use our next FP for BTMRR, which I have zero pictures of, oops:blush:. We really wanted to do Splash, but the wait still a little long for our liking, I think 30 minutes. Lines said the actual would be closer to 20 and we decided to trust the app. While in line we facetimed with the boys to say goodnight to them. Good thing we trusted Lines because the wait was only 20 minutes.

After Splash, we had to hightail it to Space to use our final FP and be done before Celebrate the Magic.

Last edited:
I would think working in the position would be so hard, most people in that line were not happy and to still be as pleasant as she was, was really nice.
So glad you had a happy CM. And congrats on the APs and TiW!

MK_PARTLEFT_7674596329_zpsbtycfbms.jpeg
Cute picture of you two!

Glad you had a good start to your trip. Sounds like fun, just running around to the rides you want and enjoying some dinner without anyone to take care of (well, other than Face-timing :rotfl:).

Such cute PP pictures, and SDMT is a great choice as first ride of the trip!

Sounds like you guys are having a great first night so far!

Joining in :)

Sucks that you didn't fell the magic like usual when walking in, but as long as you were happy that's all that matters. Plus, it looks like you were having a great start to your trip (the parking CM letting you through, the guest services CM giving you value price, getting the 10 minutes less on Splash, etc.)

Yay for an hour early arriving at the parks! :thumbsup2
Yeah too bad most of it was spent in line at GS :worried:

So glad you had a happy CM. And congrats on the APs and TiW!
:jumping1:Thanks

Cute picture of you two!
Thanks

Glad you had a good start to your trip. Sounds like fun, just running around to the rides you want and enjoying some dinner without anyone to take care of (well, other than Face-timing :rotfl:).
OMG it was so nice to just be able to enjoy a meal. When we Facetimed my in-laws were telling how difficult they were with their dinners :rotfl2:

Such cute PP pictures, and SDMT is a great choice as first ride of the trip!
Thanks, we actually got to ride it a lot this trip :thumbsup2

Sounds like you guys are having a great first night so far!
Definitely

Joining in :)

Sucks that you didn't fell the magic like usual when walking in, but as long as you were happy that's all that matters. Plus, it looks like you were having a great start to your trip (the parking CM letting you through, the guest services CM giving you value price, getting the 10 minutes less on Splash, etc.)
:welcome: I think that was what was so disappointing, we had a great experiences thus far, so no reason not to feel the magic. I did figure out the problem, which you'll see the next day.

Does anybody else, price out trips during to WDW? Well I do...A LOT. Mostly I'm doing it now, to try and get a feel for the prices we'll pay next year, since I can't book for our next trip yet. But sometimes I'll think, oh this would be a good time to go. I hop online start pricing it out and immediately recoil when I see the cost:sad2:. Well for once that didn't happen. And this is the story of how I got another countdown party:

One of the things the boys and I like to do on Saturdays when Joe is working until late at night is to watch See Ya Reel Soon. For those of you that don't know, it's a vlogger couple that vlog their Disney trips. We have been watching them since before the boys first trip as a way to prepare and excite them. Now we just watch because we love it. This particular couple goes during Halloween time each year and has several videos during MNSSHP and because of this I have always wanted to take the boys to it. They want to see Hallowishes, Boo to You, and now the new stage show. That was the plan, as a family we were going to WDW in October to do just that and then the trip had to be postponed to January for Joe's work.

I had pretty much given up hope of being able to take the boys, because the farther they get in school the less likely I am to take them out during the first two months to experience it. But I just couldn't get the idea out of my mind, and so this past Saturday we were watching See Ya Reel Soon and their most recent trip to MNSSHP and I decided to look up some prices. Why?? Who knows:confused3, because no matter what Joe cannot take any time off from August to January, under no circumstances. So I look it up to just torture myself I guess. And because I can't take Connor out of school because of our January trip, I'm limited to fall break in Oct or Labor day. As it turns out Labor Day is super affordable :thumbsup2. I still can't go though. For one VERY brief second I considered going with the boys alone and then realized how stupid that was. BUT if I could convince some other sucker to come with us, it could just work. And that's just what I did. I still have to fly alone with three boys, which will suck, but at this point they will have flown two other times over the summer and I should have traveling with them down to a science. I have my TSA pre-check appt next week, so assuming I get that we should have an easy time through security. So here's the run-down of our trip since I won't be doing a PTR.

Day 1, Sept 1: Drive to Chicago and fly out of ORD at night arrive at MCO at 10:30, meet up with mom. Check into Contemporary for one night.

Day 2, Sept 2: Check out of Contemporary and check into Poly theme park room (thanks mom :cool1:) Hang out at the pool/relax. MNSSHP at night.

Day 3, Sept 3: Sleep in after long night. Late breakfast at Kona. Relax/pool afternoon. Head to MK at 2 for FOF and stay as late as the kids allow, hopefully til park close at 10. ADR at Crystal Palace 4:30

Day 4, Sept 4: RD Epcot with main priorities being Soarin' and Frozen Ever After. Afternoon break for more pool time. Back at night dinner at Garden Grill. Do whatever we can at WS, but leave around 8 so we can get back in time to see Wishes from our room :hyper:.

Day5, Sept 5: Wake up...go home :sad:

It will be a short, but hopefully very fun trip. I have scheduled lots of downtime as to not wear out the boys and to be able to enjoy the resort. With my AP, I may try and sneak off somewhere at some point, we'll see. I am so crazy excited for this I can't even tell you. This will be our first time staying deluxe and at my two dream resorts. We wanted to stay at the Poly the whole time, but they were all booked on the 1st. So I choose Contemporary, so I could fulfill my wish of staying there and it would be the easiest for us to transfer to Poly from this resort.

Thanks for letting me share...back to your regularly scheduled TR :wave2:

Does anybody else, price out trips during to WDW? Well I do...A LOT. Mostly I'm doing it now, to try and get a feel for the prices we'll pay next year, since I can't book for our next trip yet. But sometimes I'll think, oh this would be a good time to go. I hop online start pricing it out and immediately recoil when I see the cost:sad2:. Well for once that didn't happen. And this is the story of how I got another countdown party:

One of the things the boys and I like to do on Saturdays when Joe is working until late at night is to watch See Ya Reel Soon. For those of you that don't know, it's a vlogger couple that vlog their Disney trips. We have been watching them since before the boys first trip as a way to prepare and excite them. Now we just watch because we love it. This particular couple goes during Halloween time each year and has several videos during MNSSHP and because of this I have always wanted to take the boys to it. They want to see Hallowishes, Boo to You, and now the new stage show. That was the plan, as a family we were going to WDW in October to do just that and then the trip had to be postponed to January for Joe's work.

I had pretty much given up hope of being able to take the boys, because the farther they get in school the less likely I am to take them out during the first two months to experience it. But I just couldn't get the idea out of my mind, and so this past Saturday we were watching See Ya Reel Soon and their most recent trip to MNSSHP and I decided to look up some prices. Why?? Who knows:confused3, because no matter what Joe cannot take any time off from August to January, under no circumstances. So I look it up to just torture myself I guess. And because I can't take Connor out of school because of our January trip, I'm limited to fall break in Oct or Labor day. As it turns out Labor Day is super affordable :thumbsup2. I still can't go though. For one VERY brief second I considered going with the boys alone and then realized how stupid that was. BUT if I could convince some other sucker to come with us, it could just work. And that's just what I did. I still have to fly alone with three boys, which will suck, but at this point they will have flown two other times over the summer and I should have traveling with them down to a science. I have my TSA pre-check appt next week, so assuming I get that we should have an easy time through security. So here's the run-down of our trip since I won't be doing a PTR.

Day 1, Sept 1: Drive to Chicago and fly out of ORD at night arrive at MCO at 10:30, meet up with mom. Check into Contemporary for one night.

Day 2, Sept 2: Check out of Contemporary and check into Poly theme park room (thanks mom :cool1:) Hang out at the pool/relax. MNSSHP at night.

Day 3, Sept 3: Sleep in after long night. Late breakfast at Kona. Relax/pool afternoon. Head to MK at 2 for FOF and stay as late as the kids allow, hopefully til park close at 10. ADR at Crystal Palace 4:30

Day 4, Sept 4: RD Epcot with main priorities being Soarin' and Frozen Ever After. Afternoon break for more pool time. Back at night dinner at Garden Grill. Do whatever we can at WS, but leave around 8 so we can get back in time to see Wishes from our room :hyper:.

Day5, Sept 5: Wake up...go home :sad:

It will be a short, but hopefully very fun trip. I have scheduled lots of downtime as to not wear out the boys and to be able to enjoy the resort. With my AP, I may try and sneak off somewhere at some point, we'll see. I am so crazy excited for this I can't even tell you. This will be our first time staying deluxe and at my two dream resorts. We wanted to stay at the Poly the whole time, but they were all booked on the 1st. So I choose Contemporary, so I could fulfill my wish of staying there and it would be the easiest for us to transfer to Poly from this resort.

Thanks for letting me share...back to your regularly scheduled TR :wave2:

That's awesome!!! And I totally look up prices all the time lol

Does anybody else, price out trips during to WDW?
not during but always as soon as I come home. Gotta set that budget for "next time" right! ::yes:::rotfl:

Well for once that didn't happen. And this is the story of how I got another countdown party:
:jumping1:

I still have to fly alone with three boys,
You can do it! :cheer2: besides your oldest is 6 now right? He's old enough to start helping a small bit.

Oooo!!! Lucky Ducky!!! :littleangel::wizard:

Glad your travel and arrival went smoothly! How different was the whole airport/flight experience without 3 little helpers?

I think I'm going to request the 50s section as well. What other room requests did you make?

I appreciate the picture but also love the fact that Joe is there just waiting for you to finish. I can't even count the number of times I yell "Wait, I need a picture of that!"

Does anybody else, price out trips during to WDW? Well I do...A LOT.

ALL THE TIME.

I still have to fly alone with three boys, which will suck, but at this point they will have flown two other times over the summer and I should have traveling with them down to a science.

Ok, so my mom and I are taking the boys in March 2017 and I have to fly alone with them. So I'm taking notes during your TR! I'm hoping it was be easier since they will be almost 7, 5, and 3.

I have my TSA pre-check appt next week, so assuming I get that we should have an easy time through security.

I didn't even know this was something you could apply for! How difficult is it? So since you have TSA Pre-Check, the boys will be able to go through the line with you?

It will be a short, but hopefully very fun trip.

It sounds AMAZING!

I am so crazy excited for this I can't even tell you. This will be our first time staying deluxe and at my two dream resorts.

What a fun trip! MNSSHP and dream resorts!!!

That's awesome!!! And I totally look up prices all the time lol
Oh good, glad to know it's not just me. :rolleyes1

That's amazing!! What a fun trip it will be. Halloweentime at Disney is amazing!
Thanks I'm super excited, MNSSHP is one of my favorite things at WDW

not during but always as soon as I come home. Gotta set that budget for "next time" right! ::yes:::rotfl:
Right :thumbsup2

You can do it! :cheer2: besides your oldest is 6 now right? He's old enough to start helping a small bit.
You would think that, but you'd be wrong :rotfl2:. He means well, but his "helping" isn't really helpful

Glad your travel and arrival went smoothly! How different was the whole airport/flight experience without 3 little helpers?
OMG Jamie, it is amazing :bitelip:. It's just like you would dream it would be :rotfl2:

I think I'm going to request the 50s section as well. What other room requests did you make?
Well I used Touring Plans room faxing request. So it basically put in room numbers for you. But on the MDE forrm I would just put first floor, 50's and hope for the best. If you want to fax, I think it requested 11041-1136. We did have a preferred room though.

I appreciate the picture but also love the fact that Joe is there just waiting for you to finish. I can't even count the number of times I yell "Wait, I need a picture of that!"
:rotfl:He really got into very quickly though, sometimes HE would remind me to take a picture of food or whatever for the TR :thumbsup2

ALL THE TIME.
:thumbsup2 Good to know I'm not alone :laughing:

Ok, so my mom and I are taking the boys in March 2017 and I have to fly alone with them. So I'm taking notes during your TR! I'm hoping it was be easier since they will be almost 7, 5, and 3.
That's too funny, so basically what we're doing. I will make sure to have some good details and tips for you.

I didn't even know this was something you could apply for! How difficult is it? So since you have TSA Pre-Check, the boys will be able to go through the line with you?
It is super easy. I had to fill out a form, which was basically name, address type stuff and then set up an appointment. I think they're going to do a background check, finger print me, and then an interview but I don't know what they ask. I can let you know after Wednesday. Kids 12 and under can go with parents in precheck line and this means shorter wait and no taking off shoes, or liquids and laptops out of bags. Oh and it's $85 and good for 5 years. It's a no brainer for us, in the upcoming 8 months we're flying 4 times.

It sounds AMAZING!
:thanks:

What a fun trip! MNSSHP and dream resorts!!!
I know I could start quoting Wishes now, but I won't :music:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter