• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm English, I DONT! wear a speedo :)

JamieSimms91

"If I ever get the chance I wanna buy the Podcast
I Heard on the email podcast last week. Pete asking why we wear speedo's :)

To be honest I dont know why, but I dont wear them, lol :)

I am more of a Swimming Trunk person, soo I dont show off the twigs and branches! lol

Anyone else wanna comment on this lol

JamieSimms91

I think I speak for a majority of people when I say "Thank you!!!!" for not wearing a speedo. :goodvibes

In France it is mandatory to wear a Speedo in the public pool, when I asked the lifeguard why he told me it was because of "guest demand". I'm only joking, it was really for "sanitary reasons". One wouldn't wear a speedo around all day and then jump in a pool, while with board shorts or trunks one could.

thank God you don't wear one!!! I really don't want to see everyone's frank and beans! It really makes us American's uncomfortable - more our problem then the person wearing it!

Lets face it people, most of us (myself included) do not have the figure of a supermodel or adonis. The more covered the majority of us are in swimwear the better IMO.

For the love of all things holy, please leave something to the imagination, we don't need to see it outlined in lycra! :rotfl2:

As an American living in England for the last 10 years this is my take on the situation, loads of English people have a policy that allows them to wear things in a foreign country they wouldn't dream of at home. I have no idea what this is about.... I have discussed it with many of them over the years. Those same people wouldn't dream of wearing a speedo or a ridiculous bikini here. A lot of them never swim while actually in the UK anyway... It might stem from taking too many swimming holidays in the rest of Europe. :rotfl:

Mel

True story. My friend had an exchange student from France staying with her. We threatened him with his life that he had to wear regular trunks, and not a Speedo, if we were going to take him to the beach with us. He promised and wore normal trunks.

Well, we get to the beach and he whisks them off! Voila! He is wearing a disgusting Speedo underneath. It was mortifying - and hilarious. :rotfl:

True story. My friend had an exchange student from France staying with her. We threatened him with his life that he had to wear regular trunks, and not a Speedo, if we were going to take him to the beach with us. He promised and wore normal trunks.

Well, we get to the beach and he whisks them off! Voila! He is wearing a disgusting Speedo underneath. It was mortifying - and hilarious. :rotfl:
:lmao:

oh I have a funny story! My neighbor lives in this tiny little house. I think he is a bachelor - never see anybody else there.

He looks to be about 6 feet tall and around 300 pounds. Not muscles. He looks to be about 55 years old and has a dark tanning bed tan. He wears a speedo every day. (we do not live near water - he does not have a pool)! The best part? He rides up and down the road on his moped. And just waves and has a big old time!!! :)

We decided his name is Darrell. I don't know why. Just looks like a Darrell to me. (Doesn't live close enough for me to walk and say hi - about 1/2 mile down the road). So we see him coming and we wave and say "here comes Darrell!" :thumbsup2

Well we Australians nearly elected as Prime Minister a man who takes every opportunity to compete in triathlons in his speedos. His campaign was " what you see is what you get". And "you have seen the real Tony". He was forced to promise he would retire the speedos if elected.

On our recent trip to FL (US/IOA & WDW) we spent a night offsite at a hotel near US before our ress began at RPR. Anyway, we go down to the pool and are enjoying the evening when a man and his two kids came down to the pool. He was wearing his Speedo indeed. A WHITE Speedo. Let's say it left nothing to the imagination. It was like one of those accidents you can't look away from. No matter how I tried to avoid seeing what was contained within, it was hard to miss since he kept getting out of the water so he could jump back in. Incidently one of his daughters was wearing a two piece -she was about 4 or 5 -and the top came short of covering her. Back to the Speedo... if you must insist on wearing a Speedo, please for the well being of others at least wear a dark color!!!

On our recent trip to FL (US/IOA & WDW) we spent a night offsite at a hotel near US before our ress began at RPR. Anyway, we go down to the pool and are enjoying the evening when a man and his two kids came down to the pool. He was wearing his Speedo indeed. A WHITE Speedo. Let's say it left nothing to the imagination. It was like one of those accidents you can't look away from. No matter how I tried to avoid seeing what was contained within, it was hard to miss since he kept getting out of the water so he could jump back in. if you must insist on wearing a Speedo, please for the well being of others at least wear a dark color!!!

:scared1:
Think of the children!!

OK, I have to say that I would compare a bikini to a speedo. I'm sure that guys love to look at girls in their bikinis every once in awhile. However, bikini and fluff and rolls don't go well together. Sames goes for the speedo. If you have to lift up your belly to actually prove to the world you are wearing something, it might be time to buy a pair of trunks. Icky, saggy, flabby, shouldn't go with a speedo. However, I do have a friend that says that if you are comfortable enough in your own skin then good for you.

We just returned from a cruise 2 weeks ago where there was a heavyset European gentleman wearing his black speedo everyday at the pool. I said to my wife "did you see the guy in the banana hammock?", so she replies "more like an acorn hut". I lost it and spit my mouthful of water out, which was good for Mr. Speedo because everyone started looking at me instead. Oh and BTW when sat up he looked naked :(

I will never forget my first trip to Typhoon Lagoon, and I have a speedo to thank for that... I was a freshman in highschool and my parents brought my sister and I to WDW and each brought our best friends. So BF and I were having fun at TL until we went to get into the lazy river. A man was getting out as we were waiting to get in, and he was wearing a bananna yellow bannana hammock :eek: And to top it off, he was COVERED in DARK hair - it was COMING OUT THE EDGES of the speedo. Like a pp, we just couldn't look away, it was so awful we were like deer in headlights :scared1: He wasn't heavy, but all that hair was just more than anyone should be forced to see!!:sick:

I used to be a lifeguard and Speedo's were the required uniform. All guards were on the swimteam and had to wear them for that activity. We were used to them. I must admit, going to trunks felt like I was wearing heavy armor.
That being said, it was 30 years ago. I swam 6 to 8 hours per day, pretty much year round. Now that my 44" chest and 32" waist have switched places I would never wear one in public again. Oh the humanity!!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter