I'm done with CVS!

Our local Hallmark store wants the card first too. AS does the Rite-Aid and the Stop and Shop. Since all of mine are on my keychain, it's easy.

I can't think of one store (besides Walmart, but I haven't been there in a long time) that doesn't have a benefit/tracking card. Oh wait - our local mom and pop grocer, but they all know me there, and know what I like, so they've tracked me too - just the old fashioned way ;)

Can't you just give them your phone #, and they can pull it up with that?

I shop at Rite-Aid and that's what they do because I never have my card with me.

Exactly! That would be a great time to get the card out. The problem is that the cashier will delay ringing up the items until you get it out. If they would start ringing instead of waiting, it would go a lot faster. CVS is the only store that does that.

I see that some people think it's laziness on my part. The simple fact is that I find their process very annoying. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I have decided to shop elsewhere, and that's my choice.

My Rite-Aid store also waits to either scan the card or input the phone #, before doing anything else.

Maybe there is a reason they have to scan the card first??? Not sure.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but not everyone is going to agree. And if you are of that opinion, then it is probably best to shop elsewhere, so that it's not causing you to feel frustrated.:thumbsup2

I was done 2yrs ago when they were scanned another person's card. I went through the drive to pick up my prescription gave them my card and they handed me my prescription with someone else's card. They never scanned my card and I had over $200. worth of prescriptions. When they handed me the card I asked the the cashier/pharmasist asst. if I can have my card back and asked if they scanned my card they said no and that I would have to call CVS headquarters to fix the situation. I was pretty ill and didn;t have the strength to argue ar call. I never called and never went back to CVS.

I think it's just irritating that every single store seems to have their own loyalty card. I mean, I get it, it's their way of tracking customers and encouraging customers to come back for their "perks" but it's just so annoying when every store has their own card and program to keep track of. Also, I've moved like a dozen times in the last 10 years (between 3 different countries), so I really have no idea what phone number I gave when I signed up 10 years ago. Can you please just give me the sale price that was on the shelf and let me leave? :headache:

I get what the op is saying. If I'm buying, just ring it up and let me be on my way. If I don't want to take out my card, that's my business. What should be a 2 minute transaction becomes a 10 minute waste of everyone's time.

I think cvs is a huge rip off anyway. There baby stuff is double what we pay at target or stop and shop.

I'm not trying to put anybody down by saying this but has life become so rush-rush that we can't stop and take out a card without feeling inconvenienced?

I think it's just irritating that every single store seems to have their own loyalty card. I mean, I get it, it's their way of tracking customers and encouraging customers to come back for their "perks" but it's just so annoying when every store has their own card and program to keep track of. Also, I've moved like a dozen times in the last 10 years (between 3 different countries), so I really have no idea what phone number I gave when I signed up 10 years ago. Can you please just give me the sale price that was on the shelf and let me leave? :headache:

Exactly!!

My hubby is in the military and we move every 1-2 years. At one point, I had a couple of dozen loyalty cards in my wallet!

I've always used Walgreens because they don't have a loyalty card, but Tricare dropped their contract with Walgreens for 2012. In the short time I have been using CVS, they have messed up one of my prescriptions. Plus, the pharmacists don't offer to talk over new prescriptions with you...instead the techs just shove the waiver in your face without any kind of explanation of what you are signing.

When we move next month, I'll be switching my prescriptions to another business....preferably one without yet another loyalty card!

It's not just about being inconvenienced. The amount of information these stores collect about its customers via 'loyalty cards' is considerable. Just hand over my phone number? No way. I'll keep whatever privacy I still control at the expense of a few bucks' savings.

I get what the op is saying. If I'm buying, just ring it up and let me be on my way. If I don't want to take out my card, that's my business. What should be a 2 minute transaction becomes a 10 minute waste of everyone's time.

Exactly. I don't even know where my card is anymore. I hate that there will be an interrogation when I don't have it. Just ring me up and let me pay. The only time I go into CVS is when I need to pick up something and don't have time to run to Target. At that point, I don't even care if I get a sale price or not. Just let me pay and leave already!

I just want a universal loyalty card. Too many key cards, too many cards in my wallet. They take up so much space!

But, I love my CVS card LOL!

Why all the sarcasm? The OP is annoyed by it, that is her choice she asked opinions not to be berated because it annoys her or wastes her time to pull it out. Comparing being annoyed by having to dig out a card to starting a car, well that is comparing apples to an orange grove. As for the coupons, well maybe she doens't want them, maybe she doesn't shop there enough to make it worth her while, whatever the reason she shouldn't be treated to a dose of sarcasm because it annoys her.

Thanks for the breakdown of the comparison. Shall I provide a dozen or so other examples of minimal effort required so that you can select other fruits to compare to the apple?

Seemed like a lot of fuss over store discount card policy, but okie dokie.

It's not just about being inconvenienced. The amount of information these stores collect about its customers via 'loyalty cards' is considerable. Just hand over my phone number? No way. I'll keep whatever privacy I still control at the expense of a few bucks' savings.

Honestly, they have all the information the need about you before you open your mouth to give them the first few digits. Your phone number isn't going to make the difference. Hell, you can't do a Google search without seeing the ads change on Disboards that are specific to the types of products you typically look at online.

Not that I advocate selling ones sole to the Devil, but I wouldn't buy a single thing from a pharmacy store without taking advantage of whatever discounts were available, because without them the purchase price is ridiculous. So, the OP is through with CVS.... excellent....probably a wise decision, because without the discount card, it's almost highway robbery.

I hate CVS, too. The card is annoying, and even if you use it to get the sale prices... the sale price pretty much stinks anyway. Something on sale at CVS = regular price at any other store.

Plus they never have more than one register open, and the line moves VERY slowly with everyone arguing about extra bucks or whatever.

I don't carry any rewards cards around anymore. They are all scanned into an ap on my phone...however you can just give your phone number and they can look you up.

I am not a fan of the CVS card thing. There's the wait at the register. I don't shop with my card in my hand. I can't hold my items and dig around for my key chain with the card while I am on line because I only have 2 hands. I set my stuff down and I am pulling out the card while the cashier just stares. It doesn't take long but still they have to wait like 20-30 seconds...Oh my!

Then when I do get coupons or extra care bucks or whatever...they never come up. I always get an error because the coupons that print out when I use my card are somehow not linked to my card. The cashier will stand there and tell me there must be another card when the ID# on the card and the coupon are the same.

Target is the worst - every time I go there they try to get me to sign up for their credit card. I had one years ago, (expired) so now I say I already have one.

I'm not trying to put anybody down by saying this but has life become so rush-rush that we can't stop and take out a card without feeling inconvenienced?

I don't think it's about good ol' fashioned customer service. It's marketing and tracking. It can be annoying that almost every store as their own card, so I can understand why the OP would be frustrated by that. But, as I said earlier in this thread, I just get around all of it by quickly asking them to input their courtesy card. I get any savings that would be had by using a card and avoid and any spiels.

I don't have a problem having to phish out my card, it takes the same amount of time to get my debit card to pay, so its not really a hassle :confused3
If I don't have anything on sale, I just say I don't have it, or I don't need to use it and either they say OK, or scan their own. Takes all of 1 second.
As far as them waiting to start the transaction, it may be the case that their computers are set up that way. Also even if they could scan it at the end of the order, the computer would have to go through and re-calculate for the sale prices. Either way you are going to wait, all of a couple seconds.
I saw a pp mention a 2 minute transaction turning into a 10 minute one. I've been shopping at CVS since I was a teen with my first job, that has never happened. In fact it hasn't even happened anywhere.

My only complaint with CVS is stocking the shelves with 4 of the item that is on sale. That is worth being annoyed over.

I don't have a problem having to phish out my card, it takes the same amount of time to get my debit card to pay, so its not really a hassle :confused3
If I don't have anything on sale, I just say I don't have it, or I don't need to use it and either they say OK, or scan their own. Takes all of 1 second.
As far as them waiting to start the transaction, it may be the case that their computers are set up that way. Also even if they could scan it at the end of the order, the computer would have to go through and re-calculate for the sale prices. Either way you are going to wait, all of a couple seconds.
I saw a pp mention a 2 minute transaction turning into a 10 minute one. I've been shopping at CVS since I was a teen with my first job, that has never happened. In fact it hasn't even happened anywhere.

My only complaint with CVS is stocking the shelves with 4 of the item that is on sale. That is worth being annoyed over.

Consider yourself lucky that it hasn't happened to you. I personally haven't had a 10 minute transaction, but I have had a very long wait that has gone over 10 minutes. I gave up and went to the pharmacy to ring up my Tylenol. They NEVER have more than one cashier working and the line is usually 5 or 6 deep. All of these good people use their cards sometimes with multiple transactions so they can use their ECBs to get deals. Sorry but my time is more valuable. I have never gotten any good deal there, I end up paying more than I would any where else. I never get coupons from the register that are worth anything to me. Others do, but for me it is a total waste to time and money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter