"I'm Doing That Again... and AGAIN!" - A May/June 2013 TR

Oh My GOD your little photo tour of POR. Just gorgeous. This is one of the resorts I have yet to see, but it is for sure on my to do list. Or perhaps my to stay list. :)

Ahhh everybody's rubbing in watching Stacey. No fair! :rotfl2:

Marissa, just for the record, you NEVER have to justify going to Magic Kingdom... again. Never.

Isn't seeing Mickey the best? It never gets old.

Now that's something I haven't done in a VERY long time... the train. I always forget about all the interesting vantage points you get. Haha, looks like you got to see the Poly DVC construction there after passing Big Thunder. :rolleyes1

OMG your vine... Por Favor... got a little teary there. I swear I will seriously revolt if they EVER think of getting rid of that.

I adore that you did the loop twice. The monorail is Disney. :lovestruc

Honestly, for me I find the days I feel like I did nothing (as far as attractions are concerned) are often my favorites. The amount of attractions I missed (or skipped) last trip is insane (upon reflection), but it was still probably my fav trip ever.

I LOVE mary poppins!!!

Yay for awesome showers!!

All your pics of POR are so good!! We've stayed at pofq before, but not riverside- on my bucket list of places to stay!

Yum corndog nuggets- though never eaten at Casey's before LoL

That is a nice view from outside your door.
I love that bridge.
Too bad you never got on a boat. They are so relaxing.
Nice pic with Mickey.
I could go for those corn dog nuggets right now.

I'm so glad you LOVED POR! Honestly, we've stayed on property twice (and will be again in January 2015!!) and POR just feels like home to me. The grounds are beautiful, I love the food court and main building, and walking around the grounds ....ahhhh......:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I could ride the monorail all day... I love going through the resorts!!!

Aww I'm so glad you got to hang out with Joni a bit before they left! I haven't eaten at Casey's in the longest time!! Those corndog nuggets look fabulous! Gosh, POR sure is pretty!! I would love to stay there again, but POFQ still has my heart. What a fun evening in the MK! I seriously love the People Mover. It's kind of an obsession! :blush:

Your pictures of POR makes me want to stay there sooooo badly! Of course every time I see resort pictures in a TR I immediately want to stay at that resort. :rotfl: If I go in May, it's probably only going to be for three nights so I'm trying to decide which resort to stay at. I usually do a value when I go alone but since it's only going to be three nights, I may just upgrade to a moderate or maybe even a deluxe. Sigh, such a hard decision. :lmao:

I can't wait to do the Mickey meet and greet next month now that he talks! I usually don't know what to say to him either and I'm going to be even more tongue tied this next time. I made sure to get a FP+ because the line to see talking Mickey was always at least 75 minutes in October.

I love riding the train around and I can't see those Teepees I think of the Kingdom Keeper books. Of course if you haven't read those books you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

I need to try those Corn Dog Nuggets at Casey's! They always seem to get great reviews. I usually get a hot dog and I'm the same way with buns as you are. I end up tearing half the bun away so I don't have as much bread. Of course I won't be eating there in February because it's closed for renovations. :sad2:

One of the things I love about solo trips is the ability to just do what ever you want at any given time. So random to go and jump on the Monorail but so much fun at the same time!

Marissa- I just wanted to pop in and say :wave2: and see how things have been with you. I have a lot of catching up to do on your TR and can't wait to start in where I left off(along time ago) I do have to say that I was in LOVE with the LM ride when we went in September and can't wait til we are back in December to go on it again. Well I will talk to you so once I catch up.

P.S. Thanks to your TR before this we are trying BLT in December and can't wait!

Hello again! Long time since I visited! Thanks for keeping me entertained for awhile as I read through the updates you had posted. So sorry about the bugs in your shower. Bugs thankfully don't bother me too much except for bees!! I freak out when they are buzzing around!

PoP is far from my favorite resort. As much as I like to save money I find them to be not what I want when at Disney. I guess that means moderate when I'm trying to save the money!

I've stayed at POR twice. Non-Royal Room Mansion once and Alligator Bayou once. Loved both but the Alligator Bayou won out as liking better. We will be staying there again for a few days in April. Did you happen to catch Yee-Haw Bob at all? We loved him!

I actually love that you were able to take it slower! I used to be all go-go-go! But I find I have a more enjoyable time if I take it easy! Of course in still pretty go-go-go in the mornings as I despise waiting in long lines lol.

Hey Marissa, great updates!

We really enjoyed our stay at POR a few years back and always visit to eat or take the boat to DTD.

I loved the video clip of the song and was nice to get a quick glimpse of Joni and her Mom!

Subscribing! Your TRs are always my fave! We will be there the week before you in April/May (2014) so this is the perfect way to get psyched again!!

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. You made me feel like I was right there with you.

Love your pictures of POR. It really is a beautiful resort.

Man, you sure had a rough time getting over to Port Orleans.

YAY FOR ROYAL ROOM! I love that headboard and the magic carpet and the coat rack and basically all of it. BUT OMG THAT MAGIC LAMP FAUCET!! GIMME GIMME GIMME! Like WOW. I LOVE IT.

I also love all the pictures of the princesses AT the resort. Like I thought that was perfect. It's too bad they changed them.

The headboard is perfection. I heart fiber optics. (Also, I loved your oohing and ahhing.)

I LOVE corn dog nuggets as well. They are amazing!!

Hi Marissa, I'm going to guess Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach. I can never resist a challenge lol

Thank you for the hints. I'm going with AoA and POFQ. Why - cause everyone HAS to stay at AoA at least once and, since you loved POR, you probably are also curious about staying at POFQ. At least that's how I always felt so I'm going with "my" logic.

Congrats on the trip. I will just be missing you since I arrive on May 11th.

Hey Marissa! My guess is AoA and POFQ. It's the 'close to another resort' clue that leads me to believe this. ;)

Looks like our trip will probably overlap! Maybe we'll run into one another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter