"I'm Doing That Again... and AGAIN!" - A May/June 2013 TR

Yay, I knew you would freak out over the New Fantasyland stuff. But I tell you right now, if the DHS expansion rumors turn out to be true I will not be able to avoid pictures. Well...maybe I could. But probably not.

Prince Eric's castle was the best part of FL for me (I'm not typing NFL because every time I see that I keep wondering why people are talking about the National Football League. haha!)! Glad you enjoyed your first glimpse of everything. :thumbsup2

Sounds like so much fun going solo ! We will be going to Disney soon, just not sure when yet :confused3. I have to say we have not seen the new Fantasyland except during a MNSSHP at night when it was not all the way finished. So I really havent seen much of it. When you posted your photos of the new fantasyland I was telling myself DONT LOOK :scratchin YES LOOK :hyper: DONT LOOK :crazy2: YES LOOK :hyper: ! Anyway I had to look :rotfl:

I'm glad new fantasyland didn't disappoint. While I didn't totally avoid looking at pictures before I went last month, I didn't try to look at pictures of you know what I mean? I'm glad you helped that family out and told them what Epcot stood for, I can only imagine that situation!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have decided to start doing unnecessarily long comments, cause you know, I love my details, so why not!?
So here we go.

YES! GET ME TO MK STRAIGHT AWAY DRIVER! :laughing:

We have such a beautiful community, don't we? :love:

& OMG, I love over hearing peoples silly conversations, but that one is hilarious, I would've been twitching trying to figure out if I should tell them or not, but of course my Disnerd heart would not allow me to sit there & let them wonder of the meaning!

I love that incredible feeling of, OH MY GOD, I AM IN DISNEY, I AM GOING TO MAGIC KINGDOM. MY HEART IS EXPLODING!

Staying at Bay Lake is a dream of mine, one day Libby, one day. :love::love:

How you feel about the Contemporary is how I feel about AKL, it is where we stayed when I was younger for yeaaaars, & it will always feel like the most home to me, as soon as I see it, the tears ensue & they just cannot be stopped! No need to explain, I FEEL YOUR GIRL!

The Disney bus music is pretty dang spectacular, it adds to all the extra excitement!
& AWH, that woman sounds like a sweetheart, :hug:

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT FEELING OF WALKING INTO MAGIC.
Ohmygod, like Magic is the epitome of my Disney happiness. You walk in & your suddenly feel like all is right in the world & everything & everyone is happy & magic is occurring & life is great. :cloud9:

I love the view of the castle from that way, it's such a beautiful angle & that side of the castle is so beautiful! especially when the castle is reflecting into the water!

UGHH! FOUNTAIN<3
I saw this a lot on my last trip & i just love it! LOOOOVE IT!

OHMYGOD, NEW FANTASYLAND!
I wasn't completely unaware of everything in there, I had looked at a few pictures here & there, but still, that first sight of everything was SO incredible, like my heart literally exploded I think. I may have been dead on the ground for a few minutes, I don't really remember, probably because I was dead.

It's all so beautiful in there, SO BEAUTIFUL!
I completely agree with all of your Little Mermaid talk, it really is such a movie of my childhood, seeing Prince Eric's castle filled me with so much joy.
It's incredible that you can actually LIVE your favorite scenes from your favorite movies.

Oh Eric, what a sweet husband,.

I think I may take your advice & avoid pictures, obviously seeing it for the first time is incredible, but seeing it for the first time EVER, NOT EVEN SEEING A PICTURE. OMG, I can't imagine.
I may just do that.
But I don't know if I can resist the temptation....
We'll see!!!

AHHHHFKJhskjghdsakjghdlkjg, TANGLED BATHROOMS!
jfkdshagjkdasghjkadshgdkjsghkdljs :love::love::love:

Can't wait for the next update! :woohoo:

First of all... :worship: to your self discipline in not letting yourself see any of the New Fantasyland pictures!!! Wow, I don't think I could have done that, but I agree - I'm sure it made that first reveal SO much more intense and incredible! :goodvibes

Since I have yet to see New Fantasyland and I don't have your discipline... I'm anxiously awaiting more pictures! :rotfl:

I am so glad you loved New Fantasyland! I've been twice since it opened and it was so refreshing to see it through fresh eyes.

I have to give you credit for not looking at pictures. I just don't think I could ever do that!

Now you are not the last person on Earth to see New Fantasy Land...because that would be ME!:lmao: I won't be there till next month. I don't know how you were able to stay away from all the pictures and youtube videos but I can't help myself. As soon as it was announced, I was looking for the concept art! LOL!

Anyway, great pictures. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to take pictures of the same stuff. :banana:

So glad you loved New Fantasyland! I know people have varying opinions on the ride itself (Personally, I loved it!), but the exterior and queue of Little Mermaid is one of the most stunningly beautiful things Disney has ever done.

I'm here I'm here I'm here. How I always manage to miss the start of these TRs I never know but I'm here and I WILL comment along and be a nice dis-er like I'm supposed to be!!! Haha.

I am so excited to read about your trip, from Twitter it sounded like you had the best time!

I am SO jealous your flight time is 2 hours. Mine is 9, it is pure torture I tell you!!

I love your excitement at getting to MK, so adorable. I am just the same though, I think I was literally bouncing all the way up to, on and out of the monorail when I went back! (It also helped immensly that I had my Tigger ears on!)

Aaaah I LOVE that you finally got to see NFL, it is absolutely amazing and so so pretty! I can't wait to see all the Little Mermaid stuff in December, it wasn't done when I was there last so I feel I will be crying just as much as you when I see it. It was my childhood film too, it's so hard to find red-headed princesses, so I attached myself to her immediately!

Excited for the next installment!! :D

I cracked up at the families trying to figure out what EPCOT stood for. Once when I was at Epcot, a cast member was trying to impress us by telling us what it stood for, and when she started with "Environmental" my sister and I cut her off...

It is so amazing that you got to see New Fantasyland in person without seeing any pictures! I kind of wish I had done that. When I went to DCA, I didn't realize that the Beast's Library was in the Animation building, and seeing that in person without any pictures was amazing (Beauty and the Beast is to me what the Little Mermaid is to you). So glad you got to have such a good experience!!

Haha I love how I nag you about starting this TR, and then I miss 2 updates already! :faint:

ANYWAY! Going to Disney-day is the BEST!!! There's seriously nothing better than going to sleep the night before, knowing you're going to DISNEY the next day! Well, maybe actually getting there is better, but still, close second! :thumbsup2

Isn't Pop cute? I really love Pop, I only stayed at AoA one night, but I think for some reason I like Pop better. Maybe I have to give AoA another try? I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved AoA but there was something about Pop that felt really comfortable to me, which I wasn't expecting from a value resort.

OMG I had no idea you could see the Main Entrance from Pop! That's so strange! :rotfl2: I'm going to have to look for Pop the next time I pass under those magical gates!

YAY MK!!! :banana: OMG I love the bus to MK! I loved it SO much in February, when I discovered they played the Mickey Mouse March on your way in to MK! I'm going to really miss the magic of the buses when I go back in December, I'm going to have to try to convince Brandon to use them a few times, they're so much fun!

I can kind of understand not wanting to rush over to New Fantasyland right away, you waited so long to see it! I still can't believe you accomplished that, I tried, but I cheated a little! :rotfl: Isn't it perfect? I could seriously live there. I could probably spend a day there, just hanging out, doing nothing and be perfectly content. I can't wait until the Mine Train is finished and the area is complete! :cool1:

Totally agree about the first walk into MK being hard to process and so exciting. Then shortly thereafter, it feels like I never left.

So cute of you to warn about the about the NFL pictures. ;)

It's so nice to hear that all the painful avoiding truly paid off. NFL is truly a site and the LM queue is may be the best ever. :goodvibes

=D I'm so glad I was able to give you the head's up before you got to that part of the DME video!! Seriously, I would have been crushed for you if it had been spoiled after you had waited so long and were SOOO CLOOOOSE.

That's so awesome that you could see the WDW sign from the balcony! I had no idea any of the resorts had a view of that!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MARISSA IN NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!! The Little Mermaid area made me super emotional too. I'm pretty sure I did cry while I was there, more than once.

It's amazing how much more work they've done on the mine train, even since I was there in January.

YOU MADE IT!!

I'm so glad NFL was everything you hoped for...but how could it not be? It really is practically perfect in every way!

Eric's castle is my favorite, too, probably because I'm such a beach girl; and I love that type of architecture. Not to demean all the other very beautiful Disney castles, of course!

As I'm sure you discovered, the new Tangled area is amazeballs! Only Disney could get so many people so excited about new bathrooms!

So awesome to see it through your eyes! I had seen some pictures - not a ton - but I think I need the pictures to clue me in in what to look for! I missed those small details like the animals on the castle wall. It was strange not knowing exactly what to expect! I don't understand the tangled bathrooms - are they planning something else for that area? Maybe rapunzel will meet there? I definitely liked seeing the whole area but it would have been even better if I'd been able to take it all in like you did without the family to worry about!

Yay Magic Kingdom! I love that Cinderella fountain! I don't know why, but I've got a soft spot for it! New Fantasyland looks so awesome!!!! I can't believe how well they took the images from the movies and carried them out in the park! Prince Eric's castle is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter