• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm confused..What day to do Palo?

love2travel

DIS Veteran
We went on a 7 day western last year, but never got to Palo. We have another 7 day planned for Nov. and we really want to go to Palo this time. How do you decide what day to go, I don't want to miss anything!

this is what the travel agent advised me to do, book palo any night after the first 3 nights. those are the nights you will go through the rotation and will not miss AP the first time through. good luck! :wave:

I like Thursday night because it is usually "lobster night". The lobster is outstanding in Palo ... better than elsewhere from what I understand.

We just got off the Wonder and we did Palo on the night we were docked in Nassau. We didn't leave the port until 2am, so our dinner at 8pm was while we were docked. I enjoyed having such a nice dinner while the ship wasn't moving. I would hate to waste such an enjoyable meal if the ship was really rocking which would upset my stomach! If you know of an evening when the ship would be docked, it might be a good choice!

MSWint said:
I like Thursday night because it is usually "lobster night". The lobster is outstanding in Palo ... better than elsewhere from what I understand.

Does the Palo menu coincide with the menus in the other restaurants. In other words, if it's lobster night in the other dining rooms does that mean it's also lobster night at Palo?

I think that has to be what she meant- since she said it's lobster night but Palo has the best lobster?? I think...

I booked Palo for Thurs but a little later. We have late dining and I booked Palo later after that - I didn't want to miss a show if we had one that night and also wanted to be able to go to our regular dining seating (because I know atleast this one night I'll have the kids eat with us since it's also formal night.. whether they want to or not LOL). We're doing a "double dip". So that will be double lobster? Cool! :teeth:

Oh and plus I picked that day also because it's already formal night- so we'll already be dressed up more and then for sure won't feel underdressed at Palo as we might some other night if everyone is dressed formal in Palo on other nights. LOL

I'm a little confused . . . on the 7-night Western I thought formal night was on Monday and semi-formal on Thursday (lobster night?). Can someone clarify that for me please. Thanks.

just wanted to add my thoughts, we have always done Palo on the first night, less trouble w/ reservations, and you will still get to see all the dinning rotaions. Or you could pick the night that is your 2nd time around in your least favorite roation.

Just got off Eastern, and I suggest Friday night. Not only is it a great way to end a wonderful trip, but you're not then comparing the food for the rest of the week to how great it is in Palo.

And if you can, ask for Sasha to be your server. He was ours, and was outstanding. He knows everything about every dish and suggested a wonderful wine - and then brought us a dessert "buffet" of our own!!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
I think that has to be what she meant- since she said it's lobster night but Palo has the best lobster?? I think...

I booked Palo for Thurs but a little later. We have late dining and I booked Palo later after that - I didn't want to miss a show if we had one that night and also wanted to be able to go to our regular dining seating (because I know atleast this one night I'll have the kids eat with us since it's also formal night.. whether they want to or not LOL). We're doing a "double dip". So that will be double lobster? Cool! :teeth:

Oh and plus I picked that day also because it's already formal night- so we'll already be dressed up more and then for sure won't feel underdressed at Palo as we might some other night if everyone is dressed formal in Palo on other nights. LOL

Exactly, Thursday night is Lobster night on the whole ship, but the lobster is prepared just a little bit better in Palo ... plus you can get a second dish of something else if you want. Nothing better than Lobster and Filet Mignon in Palo at a window seat at sunset!!!

Not sure about this but on the 7 day cruises isn't the first night in AP the only night it changes.

Lou

After careful consideration we have decided to visit Palo on the first night of our seven nighter.

Tonyspad said:
After careful consideration we have decided to visit Palo on the first night of our seven nighter.

Just be warned...if you have kids, they can't go to the kids club the first night! It's for families only, you can't drop kids off.

We always book Palo for the second or third night in advance on line. When you get on the boat, you can almost always get a ressie for the sail away night. We waitlist for other nights. On a four day cruise we ate there THREE times. It is the highlight of DH and my trip. DD is more than happy to "allow" us to spend 2-3 hours eating while she is in the lab. DON'T miss the brunch! I know I may get flamed for this, but after one meal in Parrot Cay, we refused to eat in any of the other "normal" restaurants. The one night we couldn't get a Palo ressie, we ordered room service (yuck)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter