I'm Confused...Trying to schedule/touringplans/fast passes...

Beemitchcowski

Mouseketeer
So we go to Disney THIS FRIDAY! :) I am so excited! We will be there 8 days! WHOOT WHOOT!..This will be our family's first time! :)

I'm confused on a few things:

#1..Fast Passes/Park Hopping

I notice that people often go to the park early in the morning..and then get their Fast Passes for in the evening......but what if I want to "park hop"...Meaning I go to MK in the morning for rope drop...take a break in the afternoon (I have two young kiddos) and then go back to lets say Epcot in the evening?....If I go to Epcot in the evening..but don't have Fast Passes for any of the big rides because I was at MK that morning...will we be out of luck?

2: Touring Plans...I have subscribed to touringplans.com...and am having a hard time picking a "plan"...I have a 6 year old boy that is TALL...and won't have any height restrictions and the child has NO FEAR...so I know he will want to go on all the BIG RIDES....we have a 10 month old as well..so I know we will want to go on some of the "family rides"...How do I pick a plan? I like the "family plans" but they are planned for letting the older kids split up...and we won't be doing that. Oh...and my older sister will be joining us...so she will be able to hold the baby whild DH and I take our 6 year old on Space Mountain!:banana:....I thought about customizing a plan...but I don't know where to start.

Help please! :)

Thank you! :)

1. Yes, if you go to a different park in the afternoon / evening, you wouldn't be able to use any FPs you collected and didn't use at the previous park. At the 2nd park, you may or may not be able to get any FPs for popular rides - all depends on what day, what ride, what time, crowds, etc.

If you are planning on park hopping, there's not much point in gathering FPs in the morning and not using them before you leave the park.

I go to two parks everyday. What I do, is go to the park I want to get fast passes at for the day first. If you go early, you don't necessarily get late return times. For example, if you go to DHS early, you can ride ToT standby, get a fast pass for RR, and get a another fast pass for TOT all before 3:00. Then you can take boat down to Epcot, eat a nice dinner. You could possibly pick up a fast pass for test track, ride spaceship earth, and then watch illuminations.

With 8 days you have plenty of time to hit every park early. I like to go to AK in late afternoon, the crowds fade away quickly. But, I go there early at least once, so I can watch Nemo and get a safari fast pass.

As for the touring plan dilemma, I have no suggestions.

Yay!! We are leaving on Saturday for Disney so we'll be there the same time!

My advice would be that since it is your first time at Disney and you have little ones that I would try to just stick to one park a day. At least to start off. In your last few days you can always revisit the parks and do two a day to try and catch things you might have missed.

Thanks Everyone!--Man this trip planning is hard! :).....Ok...so one park a day..I should mention that we are doing the Water Park and More option...my DH and DS are HUUUUGE Water park fans!......I've been making changes to our plans...over and over!..trying to get in all the parades and such too...

Thanks Everyone!--Man this trip planning is hard! :).....Ok...so one park a day..I should mention that we are doing the Water Park and More option...my DH and DS are HUUUUGE Water park fans!......I've been making changes to our plans...over and over!..trying to get in all the parades and such too...

Will you be onsite? The reason I hop is to take advantage of early EMH at one park and then get out of there before it gets crazy crowded. Same thing with MK evening EMH, I like to head over there to stay late, but avoid the extra crowds at that park throughout the day. Hopping allows flexibility in your planning, IF you are staying on site.

Will you be onsite? The reason I hop is to take advantage of early EMH at one park and then get out of there before it gets crazy crowded. Same thing with MK evening EMH, I like to head over there to stay late, but avoid the extra crowds at that park throughout the day. Hopping allows flexibility in your planning, IF you are staying on site.

No...we are staying offsite.....:scared1:...At Windsor Hills !

Im doing my crowd calendar based on easy dw site! :)

No...we are staying offsite.....:scared1:...At Windsor Hills !

Im doing my crowd calendar based on easy dw site! :)

Then by all means stay away from any park with EMH for the day. One park a day is probably best. If you already have hoppers, you might bounce around a little for restaurants or to catch an evening parade or show.

Then by all means stay away from any park with EMH for the day. One park a day is probably best. If you already have hoppers, you might bounce around a little for restaurants or to catch an evening parade or show.

We aren't doing much dining.....I'm starting to wonder if getting the park hoppers was silly?:confused3

We aren't doing much dining.....I'm starting to wonder if getting the park hoppers was silly?:confused3

I might say yes if you were going for 4 days. But with 8 days, I don't think so. Here is what I would suggest. You can do a lot at AK in just 3 hours if you go in the afternoon. We go in about three hours before close and enjoy the park. Same thing at epcot. All rides except the headliners are walk on late in the day even during peak times.

So you still might go to DHS early to catch TSM, take the boat to Epcot to wander the world showcase and enjoy rides other than soarin and TT.

You will find the hoppers handy at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter