• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm confused about Magical Express...can anyone help?

#1 Mickey Fan

Earning My Ears
Disney has me really confused about their Magical Express service. :confused3

Here's my situation:

My fiance and I will be going to WDW for our honeymoon in June :bride: after spending a week in St. Thomas. So...we will be flying into MCO from St. Thomas, but when we leave, we will be flying home to CVG. Both flights will be a return leg of a separate round trip flight. STT-MCO is an American flight and MCO-CVG is a Delta flight.

I was under the assumption that we would not be able to take advantage of the Magical Express service because of the complicated flights, but when I called Disney just to be sure, they told me that I could, in fact use ME :cool1:

Being a little nervous about not having a ride when we finally arrive at MCO, I called back a second time, just to confirm the good news, and was told that I WOULD NOT be able to use ME. :sad2:

So...now I don't know what to do. :confused3

I've been given two different answers by Disney and I don't know who to believe. I'm tempted to just book a towncar and be done with it, but I would love to take advantage of the FREE service if I can...that means there's more room in the budget for Mickey bars and Dole Whips :goodvibes

Can anyone out there help me figure this out? TIA!

Lori

You can use ME. I am not sure why having a split airline would be an issue. What may have confused them is St. Thomas in the plan. (Don't know why though) I would do this.... However, if you mentioned all three airports in the call they could just be confused.

I would call once and book ME from MCO to Disney based on your AA flight from St Thomas. Then call again and book ME from Disney to MCO on Delta. Don't give them a chance to get confused by throwing all your stops etc in there. You can also wait to book ME back to the airport at Disney.

I agree with CarolA - it shouldn't be a problem at all. We have booked Magical Express and we're flying into MCO from New York and flying out of MCO to Ireland - obviously two completely different airlines and one flight is domestic, the other is international. It doesn't matter one bit. It doesn't matter what airline you use or where you fly from and to.

If you go to www.disneyworld.com and do a mock vacation search and add Magical Express along the way you will see that there are two separate sections for the incoming and outgoing flights. Have a look at the drop-down list of airline choices - I'd imagine every airline in the world is on it. This might put your mind at ease.

Don't let the opportunity go. You're right to use it and keep the extra money for treats :goodvibes That's my attitude too!

When I booked our ME the CM told me "Just give me your incoming and outgoing flight numbers and airline name, or names, we'll take care of everything else.

Thanks Everyone!

I'll give Disney a call back and hopefully get everything worked out today!

Now I just have to decide what to do with that extra spending money...Mickey bars or Dole Whips...such tough decisions! :banana:

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. You guys are great!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter