• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm bummed about my AirTran tickets

pixierella

DIS Veteran
I just saw that Jet Blue put out their Oct dates and they have more direct flights to MCO than AT. But I jumped on the AT tickets because the price is so good. Of course JB has the same prices and better times for flights as opposed to the 1 flight in and out of MCO direct. :sad2: That's what I get for being so darn eager!

Is that leaving from HPN? I can't decide if I should book or wait for September? How much are you paying if don't mind me asking?

I just saw that Jet Blue put out their Oct dates and they have more direct flights to MCO than AT. But I jumped on the AT tickets because the price is so good. Of course JB has the same prices and better times for flights as opposed to the 1 flight in and out of MCO direct. :sad2: That's what I get for being so darn eager!

Whats the old saying ? A bird in the hand :rotfl2:

Is that leaving from HPN? I can't decide if I should book or wait for September? How much are you paying if don't mind me asking?

I paid $342 for 2 tickets round trip with seat assignment. It's out of HPN and AT only has 1 direct flight in and out. We wouldn't get to Disney until 6pm and I feel like we're wasting the day away. I'm tempted to cancel them anyway, take the credit and what I can do with that. OH well, you live and learn I guess.

I paid $342 for 2 tickets round trip with seat assignment. It's out of HPN and AT only has 1 direct flight in and out. We wouldn't get to Disney until 6pm and I feel like we're wasting the day away. I'm tempted to cancel them anyway, take the credit and what I can do with that. OH well, you live and learn I guess.

If you decide to do this, don't cancel right away. October is a long way off and AirTran may change the flight schedule. If they do, you can get a cash refund without incurring any fees or charges. If they don't change you can still cancel and have the credit, minus the $75 change fee. You have nothing to lose by waiting until a few days before.

If you decide to do this, don't cancel right away. October is a long way off and AirTran may change the flight schedule. If they do, you can get a cash refund without incurring any fees or charges. If they don't change you can still cancel and have the credit, minus the $75 change fee. You have nothing to lose by waiting until a few days before.

I know that Air Tran has already changed my flights three times since January, so I think you'll have a pretty good chance of having it happen to you. I would aim for the refund.

I know that Air Tran has already changed my flights three times since January, so I think you'll have a pretty good chance of having it happen to you. I would aim for the refund.

They changed them the third time and we canceled and went with SW. SAVED around 100.00$ with not having to pay for seat assignment and those outrageous baggage fees. They didn't want to do it. My daughter had to hang up on one person and call back. That person just told her what the policy was for changed flight times and we ask for a refund and got it. Just keep an eye on your flight yourself on the internet. 9 times out of 10 they won,t tell you when there's a change!!!! Jeanne

Thanks everyone. Unforatuntely since this is the only direct flight and it's the same one I took last year I don't think it's going to change. but you never know so I'll keep checking. Next year I'm going to make myself wait for JB.

I'm in a not so great situation with JetBlue. We're going 9/17-9/28 and wanted to fly out of Stewart in Newburgh on JetBlue. I'm glad they finally came out with the schedule, but the prices are way to high. Seems SWF is the airport that JetBlue forgot. They only operate one flight in and out daily and whenever they run a sale, Stewart is rarely ever included.

Of course they announced they would be flying out of SWF shortly after AirTran did and less than a year later, AirTran pulled the plug on their Stewart routes. So it comes across as something JB did just to keep AT out of the market and then JB was stuck with a route they really didn't want.

Fortunately, where I live, I can get to multiple airports with a two hour drive and if I want to go 2 and a half, can get to Hartford so I do have other options. Still, only having to go a half hour away would have been nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter