*I'm Back!* We're getting married..at Disney World!!! Jeff & Kathy's PJ! UPDATE: Let's Party! (9/18)

Love all the dresses! I think they'll all go very well together and I just love different style dresses in a bridal party (though I'm totally biased haha).

I ended up getting china and I love it, even though I'm pretty much the only person I know that thinks it's a good idea :) My family always hosts Christmas Day and I've made it clear to my mom I intend to take it over from her, so I wanted it for that! Basically, I think china is always a good idea is what I mean. All the hippo stuff is adorable!!

You're almost at summer - nearly there!

Hey Kathy!

I just saw your PJ - not sure how I missed it before!

WHERE DO I EVEN START?

Okay, I love your meeting story how you initially said no to Jeff and then eventually found yourselves together. That must just mean it's meant to be :love:

Your engagement photos are precious. So cute and so much love captured. I really love the sign and I am glad you decided to get one. We are using the "&" heavily in our decor, monogram, invitations, ect and I REALLY wish I had brought one to our engagement shoot to add. Oh well, we will get some on the wedding day I figure. I'm glad that your photographer went "snap happy", gives you so many more photos to look at, but also makes it SO much harder to choose your favorites haha.

It looks as though you and Mary had an amazing trip the expo. So much fun! Glad you got to see things in person - when my DF and I were debating doing a "destination" wedding, I was terrified at the idea not having a chance to look everything over and be hands on! We ended up deciding on a home wedding a WDW honeymoon, no because of this fear, but because it worked better for our families.

YOUR DRESS IS STUNNING! You look marvelous in it. I am SO happy that you found the one. So excited for you!!!!

The blue color you are using in your wedding is very similar to my wedding colors! We went with Tiffany blue (slightly different than your selection), grey and ivory.

I can't wait for more updates!!

Oh my goodness I missed yours too!

I LOVE your boots! :-) Oh yea your dress is beautiful too...LOL No seriously it's gorgeous!
I love the cookie cutters, so cute! Looks like everything is falling into place.

Can't wait to read more!

I will say, walt disney world makes some EXCELLENT mac and cheese!! I order the kids menu when we eat at quick service just so i can eat it :rotfl:
im so excited to follow along!

Love all the dresses! I think they'll all go very well together and I just love different style dresses in a bridal party (though I'm totally biased haha).

I ended up getting china and I love it, even though I'm pretty much the only person I know that thinks it's a good idea :) My family always hosts Christmas Day and I've made it clear to my mom I intend to take it over from her, so I wanted it for that! Basically, I think china is always a good idea is what I mean. All the hippo stuff is adorable!!

You're almost at summer - nearly there!

Thanks! I love all the dresses too! They picked some good ones. I'm leaning towards china, there are a couple patterns I do really like. I am starting to really like the hippo stuff. At first I thought it was a bit ridiculous but now it has become sort of a "running joke". They are growing on me :love:

Hey Kathy!

I just saw your PJ - not sure how I missed it before!

WHERE DO I EVEN START?

Okay, I love your meeting story how you initially said no to Jeff and then eventually found yourselves together. That must just mean it's meant to be :love:

Your engagement photos are precious. So cute and so much love captured. I really love the sign and I am glad you decided to get one. We are using the "&" heavily in our decor, monogram, invitations, ect and I REALLY wish I had brought one to our engagement shoot to add. Oh well, we will get some on the wedding day I figure. I'm glad that your photographer went "snap happy", gives you so many more photos to look at, but also makes it SO much harder to choose your favorites haha.

It looks as though you and Mary had an amazing trip the expo. So much fun! Glad you got to see things in person - when my DF and I were debating doing a "destination" wedding, I was terrified at the idea not having a chance to look everything over and be hands on! We ended up deciding on a home wedding a WDW honeymoon, no because of this fear, but because it worked better for our families.

YOUR DRESS IS STUNNING! You look marvelous in it. I am SO happy that you found the one. So excited for you!!!!

The blue color you are using in your wedding is very similar to my wedding colors! We went with Tiffany blue (slightly different than your selection), grey and ivory.

I can't wait for more updates!!

Glad you found me! Thank you for your comments :) I should have some more updates soon! Especially with our planning session coming up!

Oh my goodness I missed yours too!

I LOVE your boots! :-) Oh yea your dress is beautiful too...LOL No seriously it's gorgeous!
I love the cookie cutters, so cute! Looks like everything is falling into place.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I love those boots too! I wear them all the time, except now it's getting too warm for boot haha.

Thank you for the comment about my dress I LOVE it :love:I've picked it up already and it's in the closet. We have picked out a few pieces of jewelry for it but I keep forgetting to go get them! There's still one piece left to find though. More to come soon! Thanks for following along!

I will say, walt disney world makes some EXCELLENT mac and cheese!! I order the kids menu when we eat at quick service just so i can eat it :rotfl:
im so excited to follow along!

Disney does make some good mac n cheese! And DF does love it. Thanks for following along!

It's too bad I didn't know you were going to be out for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend, I could have said hello! I ended up running the 10K with my friend super last minute (less than 12 hours notice). It was my first Disney run and I'm hooked! Really looking forward to your next updates, can't wait to see your invitations!

It's too bad I didn't know you were going to be out for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend, I could have said hello! I ended up running the 10K with my friend super last minute (less than 12 hours notice). It was my first Disney run and I'm hooked! Really looking forward to your next updates, can't wait to see your invitations!

Aw man that would have been fun to meet up! This was my 3rd Disney race and I love them. Wish I could do more! I would have loved to do the Wine and Dine again this year but with my wedding the month before I didn't think it would be good to be gone from work that quickly. That's a fun race though!

I love your wedding dress!
It's absolutely stunning!
The story in general is lovely and
when you mentioned the part about your mom I definitely started to cry!
I lost my dad a few years ago so I know exactly how this process feels without someone so important to you here.
Can't wait to see what kind of invitations you've selected! :yay:

Not much to update on right now. I'm working on finishing up our planning kit since our PS is coming up soon!

First update, I have our contract with Beaute Speciale for hair and make up. No set time yet because I don't know what time the Roots with be coming to take pictures yet. I also made a trial appointment for June 13th. I was going to have them do it the 11th but then I realized we have a reservation at Cali Grill the 13th so might as well have it look pretty right?! Sadly I'll miss park time but that's ok, not like I've never been there :rotfl2:

Next up, Jeff and I have picked our wedding bands!!! Jeff ordered his a few weeks ago and it came in. We had decide on mine but waited to order it until yesterday then picked Jeff's up after. Here is Jeff's ring.

image.jpg

I was worried about finding one that would match my ring since it is so old. We found a couple that matched the shape of my ring, but we agreed the first one I tried on complimented my ring the best. Here's a few pictures of mine, different lighting haha.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am so excited I love it so much! They go so well together! Since I have to wait for it I decided to have them resize my engagement ring, they made it a little too small the last time. So right now I am wearing a different ring and it feels weird! The funniest part is after we ordered my ring, we got in the car and the song we are going to dance to for our first dance was on be radio!

We don't know the time of our dessert party for sure yet, but we want to extend it an hour. They haven't set the fireworks time for sure yet, so I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and tell the place making our invitations 8-10 or wait a bit longer just in case. It's a Halloween Party night and those fireworks are usually at 9:30 but it's not been set yet.

Well, that's all I have for now! Our last day of school is next Wednesday so I'll switch into full on planning mode then!

Oh wow, your band matches your ring perfectly! You would never know they're not a set. Jeff's looks great too.

Eeee, just a few weeks till your PS! You are going to have one fun summer of relaxing and wedding planning!

Joining in! I'm also from Illinois! I teach in a small town south of Chicago! I'm currently working on adding my ESL and math endorsements to my certificate. My Disney wedding is July 13!
Love all of your pictures. Your engagement ring and wedding band are beautiful. I think they match perfect!

Okay, I just got caught up. I love your rings! I never would have known your band wasn't made for the ring. They look great together!

I love your wedding dress!
It's absolutely stunning!
The story in general is lovely and
when you mentioned the part about your mom I definitely started to cry!
I lost my dad a few years ago so I know exactly how this process feels without someone so important to you here.
Can't wait to see what kind of invitations you've selected! :yay:

Thank you so much! Yeah its definitely hard now, and I'm sure going to be even harder the day of. We already have my dad's sisters in charge of him on the wedding day :rotfl:I can't wait to share our invitations. I'm currently impatiently waiting for them to confirm that the fireworks will be at 9:30 so we can have the Welcome dessert party time set!

Oh wow, your band matches your ring perfectly! You would never know they're not a set. Jeff's looks great too.

Eeee, just a few weeks till your PS! You are going to have one fun summer of relaxing and wedding planning!

I know! I couldn't believe how well they matched. It was a great find. I have a feeling the first week or so I will have to remind Jeff his ring goes on his left hand :rotfl2:Each time he tried his on he started to put it on his right hand. I wear 2 rings, one on each hand so I think that confuses him haha. Poor guy.

I can't wait for our PS! It'll be here so quickly! This is going to be a very busy summer!

Joining in! I'm also from Illinois! I teach in a small town south of Chicago! I'm currently working on adding my ESL and math endorsements to my certificate. My Disney wedding is July 13!
Love all of your pictures. Your engagement ring and wedding band are beautiful. I think they match perfect!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Where are you from south of Chicago? I'm about 2 1/2 hours south. I love teaching my ESL kids. 4 out of my 5 students are from Ethiopia with 1 new student who barely speaks any English. He's great though, its so much fun. Congrats on your wedding! The rings do look so well together thank you :)

Okay, I just got caught up. I love your rings! I never would have known your band wasn't made for the ring. They look great together!

Thank you! I love them too! I can't wait to get them back.

I have somehow missed your ring in following along with your PJ, I love it! I'm a sucker for old/vintage rings. ;)

I'm loving the emerging hippo theme! It makes me think of the Adventureland line of home products that they sell at the parks!

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?Searchstr=adventureland&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&pageCmdName=dsi:homeLandingPage&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0&Nu=pProductID&Nr=pPublished:1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntt=adventureland&D=adventureland&Dr=pPublished:1&typeAhead=1

Thank you! There is definitely special meaning behind the ring.

Yeah I'm starting to love the hippos :rotfl:I love the Adventureland stuff! If only the elephant were a hippo we would probably get all of them haha.

OMG Get out of my head!! LOL

Your honey's ring is almost exactly the same one I picked out for Kevin! (he doesn't know this yet)

Your bands are so beautiful! They're dainty but yet stunning. Sometimes I think big bulky rings just look fake, and those don't. They are just
beautiful.

Love your rings! Can't believe they are not a matching set. They look so perfect together. Really like your fiancé's ring but that is a given since I picked the exact same ring for my husband when we got married. :thumbsup2
Love the animal themed items you choose for your registry, too cute!
Keep'em coming!

Aw man that would have been fun to meet up! This was my 3rd Disney race and I love them. Wish I could do more! I would have loved to do the Wine and Dine again this year but with my wedding the month before I didn't think it would be good to be gone from work that quickly. That's a fun race though!

I hope to do the Wine & Dine at some point, though it probably won't be feasible for a couple more years.

I am doing the 10K at the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (first weekend of September) and the Avengers 5K & Captain America 10K in November, can't wait!

I love how your band matched your ring - so unique and super pretty!

Thank you! It was exciting to find one that matched so well!

OMG Get out of my head!! LOL

Your honey's ring is almost exactly the same one I picked out for Kevin! (he doesn't know this yet)

Your bands are so beautiful! They're dainty but yet stunning. Sometimes I think big bulky rings just look fake, and those don't. They are just
beautiful.

Haha we picked this one because DF works around knifes and stuff all the time so this one will resist cuts and everything. And thanks for the compliment on my rings. I do like the more dainty ones as well. I'm so excited for them :)

Love your rings! Can't believe they are not a matching set. They look so perfect together. Really like your fiancé's ring but that is a given since I picked the exact same ring for my husband when we got married. :thumbsup2
Love the animal themed items you choose for your registry, too cute!
Keep'em coming!

Thank you! I know its hard to believe they don't come together which is great! Seems like that's a popular ring for guys! Hopefully I'll have more soon. Our PS is just around the corner!

I hope to do the Wine & Dine at some point, though it probably won't be feasible for a couple more years.

I am doing the 10K at the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (first weekend of September) and the Avengers 5K & Captain America 10K in November, can't wait!

I would love to do another Disney race but with the wedding this year that probably won't happen until next year but they are so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter