• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Assigned to Work in Tacoma, WA, for 6 weeks!

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
At Fort Lewis, actually. I'll be staying in a hotel hopefully with a microwave and fidge - anyone have ideas for easy meals - Six weeks is a long time!

I hate to say this ( I hear the tag fairy is lurking) but TV dinners have really come a long way. You don't even have to keep them frozen if you are going to eat them within 2 days time, or at least I don't. I also really like those wonder roast type chickens at the grocery store. You can get a few meals or ckn salad out of it too :flower:

If you have a microwave in your room, I think the frozen dinner idea is great. You could get some of those soup in a cup things, too.

My mother used to enjoy the Dinty Moore meals, I'm sure other companies make them, too. Chicken and dumplings, beef stew, etc. They don't have to be refrigerated at all and are quite tasty.

Katholyn

A fridge too??? Cool. You can store sandwich fixings......Yes, those Dinty Moore items are GReat!! You can heat up great soups! Go out once in a while and store leftovers....for the next day! You will be fine! Just roam the store aisles and be creative.

I bought frozen dinners for the fridge in my hotel room. I get back to the room and realize that the darn thing doesn't have a little freezer in it. I also got sandwich stuff, cottage cheese, yogurt, chips, crackers, milk, cereal, etc. I have a mini convenience store in my room right now. :rotfl: If you drink coffee, you might want to buy your own brand. The coffee in my room sucks. lol

BTW, good luck packing for such a long trip. I know I had a hard time packing for a month.

What a beautiful area to work in. We visit my db in Snohomish and once took a trip to the Pacific. We stopped and ate in Ft. Lewis. It was so beautiful with Ranier in the background.

Marie Callander makes some pretty decent single serve frozen meals. I love the vegitarian lasagna and dh loves the pepper and sausage one. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter