• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im an idiot, wwyd ?

krismanda

Mouseketeer
So I've been waiting to catch a good sale to buy our return airfare for our December trip. When it finally went on sale it was like $400 cheaper to fly the day after our original return date. I guess I didn't really think it through. I bought for the next day.

It's gonna be like $560 to add an extra night to our stay. Our flight is reaaaaally early in the am. I don't want to spend $560 just to crash that night. I thought about getting a hotel near the airport but the more I think about that it sounds like a colossal pain. I mean, we will have to take a cab with all our junk to the hotel. Take another can to a park for the day, another cab home and a cab to the airport in the am. That's a lot of cab fare and running around.

I should have just bought the more expensive airfare. I just wasn't thinking. :/

What would you do in this situation ?

I did the same thing but going in a day early. I said whatever more Disney time and started planning for our new day of park time.

I'm trying to figure out why so many cab rides? Can't you check out of your resort and just leave your bags with bell services and go to the park that final day, then later that night get your stuff and take one cab ride to the hotel? Is there a room available at any of the value resorts that you can transfer to for that last night and just take magical express in the morning?

I'm trying to figure out why so many cab rides? Can't you check out of your resort and just leave your bags with bell services and go to the park that final day, then later that night get your stuff and take one cab ride to the hotel? Is there a room available at any of the value resorts that you can transfer to for that last night and just take magical express in the morning?

I didn't even think about just moving to a value ! I called and was able to add on a night at pop. Extra night and another day of park tickets was only half the cost of the higher airfare. I think even adding in food and incidentals we under. Yay ! Thank you !

So I've been waiting to catch a good sale to buy our return airfare for our December trip. When it finally went on sale it was like $400 cheaper to fly the day after our original return date. I guess I didn't really think it through. I bought for the next day.

It's gonna be like $560 to add an extra night to our stay. Our flight is reaaaaally early in the am. I don't want to spend $560 just to crash that night. I thought about getting a hotel near the airport but the more I think about that it sounds like a colossal pain. I mean, we will have to take a cab with all our junk to the hotel. Take another can to a park for the day, another cab home and a cab to the airport in the am. That's a lot of cab fare and running around.

I should have just bought the more expensive airfare. I just wasn't thinking. :/

Sounds like you have the situation sorted now. But to echo PP, you could have checked out of your hotel on your original day, had bell services store your bags, and then when you're done at the park that day, you could hop in a cab from your original resort with your bags and crash for the night at a hotel near the airport. You could book a hotel with a shuttle to the airport, or even stay at the Hyatt that is in the terminal. If you did that, you could take Magical Express from your original resort over to the airport, and then just proceed to the Hyatt for the night.

But really in the grand scheme, it's only $160 more to stay an extra night at Disney. Your options would be to take the expensive flights on your check-out day (no $400 savings), or take the savings on flights but spend $160 more to stay the extra night.

I have stayed at the Hyatt inside the airport (very good deal during off peak season)

I also booked a very early flight and we stayed at MK until 2:00 am and used our rental car we booked for the day to drive back to resort for luggage and then to the airport and we sat there for about 3 hours and then fell asleep as soon as we boarded the plane. Now that my DH is speaking to me again, we laugh about this. Lol

You can keep your luggage at bell services. CHeck out. Spend the whole day at theparks and then return to your hotel to take Magic Express to the airport. You can stay at the Hyatt. In the morning you just go downstairs to get to your flight. We have done this several times and it is easy peasy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter