• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm about to lose my mind <sigh>

tkme4ard

Merry Christmas!
Can any of you help? As of right now we have the Contemporary for 3 adults and 3 children but I'm leaning towards getting something with more room/cheaper that alos has a kitchen to help save money. right now we have the contemporary for 110$ a night (it was 99 but with the extra adult it's 110 and that's with tax) When I first started looking and I booked our PS's for the week from Augest 26th through Sept 3rd. Also that's exactly my older two bday's and I'd really like to stay during that time but most places ask that you reserve friday/saturda/sunday weekly time frames.

any ideas on where we could stay that would let me choose the days with our criteria?

Thanks
Angela

You should look into renting DVC points for your stay. The 2-bedroom would give you plenty of space for 6(1 king bedroom w/ jacuzzi, a seperate bedroom with 2 beds, and a pullout sofa in the livingroom/kitchen area), and a FULL kitchen with all pots and utensils. By being onsite, you will be eligible for early entry to the parks, as well as resort transportation, which is great if you have a little one that needs to nap...your party can split up if 1 adult wishes to take the younger children back to the room. And with DVC, each night requires a number of points, so you do not have to stay Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun.

Can you explain to me how this works? How do you rent DVC points? Where would I find this out?

if you need to PM me and I'll give you my email address thanks!

Angela

Buying the DVC points will be more expensive, just so you know.

I checked those dates on Hotel Kingdom, and you can get in Cypress Pointe in a 2 BR villa for $78.81/night plus tax and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas (Phase II) for $88.39/noght plus tax. This place (esp grand villas) I have heard great, great things about. It's only a mile from DTD. Only drawback are you have to pay everything up front, and it does not include maid service. However, you can pay for that ($45/day, but who really needs it every day???).

there were many others listed, too, but these jumped out because they're supposed to be so nice, and I thought it sounded like a great price.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

WOW!! What a great price for the Contemporary!! Do you know it usually goes for $379. a night????? Stay where you are!! You can get 2 beds and a daybed and a crib with those rooms!!

Well it looks like we're prbably staying there but even if it is a great price it still ets expensive. We got the rate through SOG since they are closed for remodeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter