• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm a little melancholy today because....

ganggreen4jc

Mouseketeer
....one year ago today I was spending my first day at Walt Disney World Resort. It was my family's first trip there and I'm not sure if or when we'll ever be back. We stayed at POFQ and as I went for my 2 mile neighborhood run this morning it brought back the memories of the jogs I would take each morning along the Sassagoula River, viewing the beautiful sunrises over POR & POFQ.

I miss the shows, the great attractions, the food and the general atmosphere of the worlds most favorite resort. I miss DTD, Spaceship Earth and Summit Plummit. I miss Iluminations, Wishes and Fantasmic. I miss Rock N' Rollercoaster, Dinosaur and Test Track. I even miss the buses! Don't miss the heat & humidity, though.

To those of you there right now and those who's trips are coming soon, I envy you. Keep me in mind as you enjoy your stay.

Oh well, I'm still a DL AP'er, but it's just not the same out here.

Enjoy the memories and don't be sad. Sometimes they are bittersweet, but always enjoyable, and memories last so much longer than any trip you will ever take to DL or WDW. I am sure you will get back to WDW again before too many years go by. In the meantime, go ride Raiders of the Lost Ark for me at DL. Love that ride!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. :-(

the woman that I work for just left for Disney World this morning. She's in the Magic Kingdom (my favorite park) as we speak.

I've stayed at POR once and POFQ twice. I truly love those two resorts!

No plans to go back but I'm crossing my fingers that I get there next year.

I usually watch the planning DVD whenever I start to miss Disney. Here's a great website that has downloadable music from MK, DTD, AK, and EPCOT, it's fantastic, music right from the attractions

Disney music

ganggreen4jc said:
To those of you there right now and those who's trips are coming soon, I envy you. Keep me in mind as you enjoy your stay.

Oh well, I'm still a DL AP'er, but it's just not the same out here.

Awww! We definately understand what you are going through. We leave in a couple of months and will have fun especially for you. :teleport:

If you want to catch a little POFQ flavor at Disneyland, go hang out at the fountain by the Haunted Mansion. For some reason that little section of the park brings back really strong memories of POR and POFQ for me!

Melissa

Never say never! I understand how you feel, to many of us nothing can ever beat or even match the magic of a Disney vacation! WDW is such a total, immersive experience and I too often miss the buses and the nice conversations I have with other resort guests as we head to and from the parks. Keep your eye on discounts, free dining for instance can add up to huge savings. Maybe if they offer that in the late summer/early fall of 2007 you can swing another trip? Check out the budget board on the dis, there are many great money saving/earning tips over there. In any case I am glad you have the memories and I really hope you do get to go again!

ganggreen 4jc
if you want, pm your address, i would love to send you
a postcard from our sept trip
:grouphug: :goodvibes

52 days to go!

Sorry you are feeling blue. It is understandable though to all us Disney fans, even me who is lucky enough to live a couple of hours away. When we returned from our summer trip to WL I was so depressed. Finances don't allow us to go all the time.

Chin up and try planning for another trip even if it is a few years away. I find reading about other people's trips and posting my help on the resorts board to be very helpful for the blues.

I totally understand! It's been two weeks since we've been home and we are ready to go back. Well, maybe not DH, but DD and I are ready! This was her first trip, 3 years old. She pretends to be different characters each day and gives autographs. Yesterday she told me she missed WDW so much she could cry. She had chairs set up today and told me this was the church at WDW and she was getting married there! I think she's hooked too! It will probably be two more years before we get to go back. Seems like forever right now :guilty:

My family is already counting the days until our vacation next summer.....too...long....

I don't understand why we all can't just LIVE at Disney World. Seems like it would be so much easier than going back and forth and being depressed in between. :teeth:

freediverdude said:
I don't understand why we all can't just LIVE at Disney World. Seems like it would be so much easier than going back and forth and being depressed in between. :teeth:

Here, here, Dude! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter