I'm 61 days out.....

halssister

Mouseketeer
so technically, at midnight tonight, I should be able to book fast passes, correct?
We don't have a package, but we have our rooms reserved, and have our (previously purchased) tickets linked to it, so at midnight, if I'm understanding things correctly, it should magically switch over to letting me book 60 days out.....right now, it only shows me 30 days.

So, is it worth it for me to set my alarm for midnight and get up to book Anna and Elsa at MK, or would I be safe waiting until I wake up for work at 5:30 tomorrow morning? We only have one day at each park, and can only handle a few hours, so we really need to get a FP for the morning we will be at MK. And that is the ONLY thing my son is set on doing (we don't really do rides, so may not even use all 3 of our fast passes for each day). I'm torn, because I've read that some people's accounts didn't switch over at midnight of the 60 day mark, so they couldn't book then anyway. And it will make for a long work day tomorrow if I stay up that late.....but, it would be worth it if I could give my son what he wants :).

so technically, at midnight tonight, I should be able to book fast passes, correct?
We don't have a package, but we have our rooms reserved, and have our (previously purchased) tickets linked to it, so at midnight, if I'm understanding things correctly, it should magically switch over to letting me book 60 days out.....right now, it only shows me 30 days.

So, is it worth it for me to set my alarm for midnight and get up to book Anna and Elsa at MK, or would I be safe waiting until I wake up for work at 5:30 tomorrow morning? We only have one day at each park, and can only handle a few hours, so we really need to get a FP for the morning we will be at MK. And that is the ONLY thing my son is set on doing (we don't really do rides, so may not even use all 3 of our fast passes for each day). I'm torn, because I've read that some people's accounts didn't switch over at midnight of the 60 day mark, so they couldn't book then anyway. And it will make for a long work day tomorrow if I stay up that late.....but, it would be worth it if I could give my son what he wants :).

It will switch over to 60 days as soon as your window opens. :) Yes, definitely set your alarm if A&E are a must-do! The FP+ for them "sells out" fast.

I'll be on also booking! FYI, I read where someone had noticed a pattern w/ the window. It might not open until 1:00 since Magic Kingdom has extra magic hours tonight.

Not sure what time zone you are in but FP+ can be booked midnight Orlando time. We are an hour behind and I just wasn't thinking about that so waited until midnight my time and got a really late FP+ time for Anna & Elsa. It was my only option!

if 5/31 is your 60 day mark and you have everything properly linked yes the system will magically switch from 30 days to 60 days.

btw MK has regular park hours until 1am tonight and when MK is open past midnight for regular hours you cannot book your FP+ until 1am.

and keep in mind all times are in eastern standard time.

yes its worth setting an alarm to wake up and make your FP+ selections if you want A&E as its one of the most popular FP+.

I'll be on also booking! FYI, I read where someone had noticed a pattern w/ the window. It might not open until 1:00 since Magic Kingdom has extra magic hours tonight.

it has nothing to do with EMH.
if MK is open past 12am for regular hours your window doens't open until 1am.
MK's regular closing time for tonight is 1am.
EMH is from 1am-3am but again that has nothing to do with it.

Point made, AGAIN. If you read what I wrote you can see I wasn't claiming to know anything for sure. I just wanted them to be aware it might be 1 instead of midnight. So yes you made your point AGAIN that you are a Disney expert.

i'm sorry.
when did i claim i was a disney expert?
i simply corrected you to ensure that there as no confusion.
people correct me when i'm incorrect about something.
in fact someone just did on another thread a few minutes ago.

if 5/31 is your 60 day mark and you have everything properly linked yes the system will magically switch from 30 days to 60 days.

btw MK has regular park hours until 1am tonight and when MK is open past midnight for regular hours you cannot book your FP+ until 1am.

and keep in mind all times are in eastern standard time.

yes its worth setting an alarm to wake up and make your FP+ selections if you want A&E as its one of the most popular FP+.

I'm on eastern time as well.....so, set my alarm for 1 a.m,?
Thanks!

Point made, AGAIN. If you read what I wrote you can see I wasn't claiming to know anything for sure. I just wanted them to be aware it might be 1 instead of midnight. So yes you made your point AGAIN that you are a Disney expert.
Wow, that escalated quickly.

One more question.......I just "practiced" booking fast passes to see what it was like. So, do you HAVE to book three things? At most parks, there aren't even three different things I'd want to book, just due to our schedules and the types of things we enjoy! If we get a FP for something, say at 3 p.m., but at noon we decide just to wait in the standby line instead because maybe there isn't a long wait anyway, we can do that right? Just seems silly to book stuff you don't want!

One more question.......I just "practiced" booking fast passes to see what it was like. So, do you HAVE to book three things? At most parks, there aren't even three different things I'd want to book, just due to our schedules and the types of things we enjoy! If we get a FP for something, say at 3 p.m., but at noon we decide just to wait in the standby line instead because maybe there isn't a long wait anyway, we can do that right? Just seems silly to book stuff you don't want!
You can absolutely change them as you go if there are FP available for something you want to switch to.
Alternatively, book what you want and then book your second and/or third straight after for something else, and once you've done your wanted FP attraction, jump onto MDE and switch your others to the one you just did (if available)

You can absolutely change them as you go if there are FP available for something you want to switch to.
Alternatively, book what you want and then book your second and/or third straight after for something else, and once you've done your wanted FP attraction, jump onto MDE and switch your others to the one you just did (if available)

To add on to this, yes you do have to book 3 things.

Yes, that was the post I was talking about, but couldn't remember the specifics. Thanks for sharing it with the o.p.

To add on to this, yes you do have to book 3 things.
Sorry, I should have made that clearer :-(
EG. If you want splash mountain and 7DMT, book those two say at 10am and 11am (use the first hour to hit up rides with little to no wait, don't waste a FP in the first hour), and use the third for something else (if you want to, try to choose something less popular so that you aren't keeping someone from getting a popular ride they really want) at 12, once you use your first one or two, switch the third out on the fly for splash again or 7DMT (availability pending) and then you get to ride them twice with FP.

Well, all the planning and alarm setting, and I ended up waking up at 12:10 and trying "just to see"......it was letting me book already!! So the 1:00 did NOT hold for tonight. I did get A&E, though it's for a 3:00 time slot, so we may end up riding the bus home at 1 and then returning for them. After playing around, I was able to get my "must haves" scheduled at good times for the most part :). Hope nobody else was waiting til 1 to try to book tonight, cause you're gonna be late!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter