• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations - visable from Les Chefs de France

lilsydney

Mouseketeer
I just made reservations for Les Chefs for 8:10 on the 2nd of Aug- EMH at Epcot that night til 12!! :banana:
Illuminations starts at 9- any chance that we will be able to view any part of the show from the resturant? I know it would take a table by a window obviously (and we have no guarentee of that) but if we could rangle such a table has anyone had any experience with viewing from here?

thanks so much

If you are right next to a window you might be able to see the higher fireworks but for the most part I think your view of IllumiNations will be blocked by people standing at the edge of the water. If your priority is to see IllumiNations I would change the reservation to an earlier time, maybe 7:00, so you can finish your meal in time to head out to find a better spot to view the show.

We had a window table once for our anniv. We didnt ask for it, they just gave it to us. We really couldnt see the fireworks all that well.

Also if you are dining at that time, you will most likely miss Illuminations all together.

I cant remember how long Illuminations lasts? We saw it in 2008 but that seems like forever ago. We have never eaten at France and since we already have lunch reservations at Coral Reef at 1:45 I choose the 8:10 dinner time (only other open time was 5:15). I guess I could try to move up lunch and then take the much earlier dinner. Ugh that is the down side to reservations.
Haven't ever tried to walk up for dinner, wonder if we checked earlier if we might get a table - never hurts I guess

Was really trying for Le Cellier but nothing is open there the entire week for dinner. Figures.

This restaurant does not sit on the water. So your view (even if you have a window seat) will be blocked by the tons of people standing between the restaurant and the lake. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter