Illuminations viewing spots

KTwiegs

Mouseketeer
I wasn't able to get a FP for illuminations so I am now very worried about find a good spot after dinner.
We are eating at Via Napoli at 630. Can you suggest a good spot close we can head to after dinner. I have a 2 year old with us as well.

I wasn't able to get a FP for illuminations so I am now very worried about find a good spot after dinner.
We are eating at Via Napoli at 630. Can you suggest a good spot close we can head to after dinner. I have a 2 year old with us as well.

You will not have any problems finding a good spot.
(An IllumiNations FP is one of the LEAST-needed of all FP at WDW.)

There are so many places to view IllumiNations at Epcot's World Showcase
that are wonderful in their own way that its futile to try to list them... so I will. ;)

• Bridge between UK and France

• Near the twin gift shops at the entrance to WS from FW

• Norway area

• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan

• Italy, near the Gondolas

• Mexico, at the new Cantina

• Mexico, bridge to the right of the Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)

• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)

• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

• Many, many more great spots.

Be sure to avoid any tree branches that block your overhead view,

and watch out for any "islands" in the water

that block your view of the "center" of the lagoon.

Most Important Tip:

Don't stand down-wind of the fireworks.

Their SMOKE will ruin the show.

So, If the wind is blowing into your face as you look towards the Lagoon, you are in the wrong spot.
;)

-----------------------

Epcot-WS-GE_081515_zpsyhzyl6qu.jpg

On Robo's map I really like the area near Canada, the clear spot a little above the 10. It seems to be a lasws crowded area in my experience and has a good view. I got to watch from the area marked 14 in the very front once, which was awesome, but this is a popular spot, and if it's too windy sometimes they won't open it at all (you can get hit with fireworks ash here sometimes).

I have watched from quite a few locations and liked best the areas near UK and Canada

On Robo's map I really like the area near Canada, the clear spot a little above the 10. It seems to be a lasws crowded area in my experience and has a good view. I got to watch from the area marked 14 in the very front once, which was awesome, but this is a popular spot, and if it's too windy sometimes they won't open it at all (you can get hit with fireworks ash here sometimes).

World Showcase Plaza (14) is no longer available for regular guests.
It is now the location of the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

We saw it from Viking's Landing in Norway. Well, DH and I didn't see it, we were posing for pictures....but our family said it was a good view. I'm excited to see the pictures so I know for sure.

It didn't see like a very busy spot so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a spot there though it isn't all that close to Italy.

World Showcase Plaza (14) is no longer available for regular guests.
It is now the location of the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

Doesn't surprise me as it's a great viewing spot, but isn't that little outcropping closed because of the wind sometimes (or rather quite often as I was told)? What do they do with the desert party when that happens?

Doesn't surprise me as it's a great viewing spot, but isn't that little outcropping closed because of the wind sometimes (or rather quite often as I was told)? What do they do with the desert party when that happens?

Charge extra for the special ventilation.

We are fond of the bridge between UK and France right above where the Illuminations Cruise boats tie up.

Reinforcing Robo's suggestion: do not chose a spot that would be down wind of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter