IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party - taking reservations for Wed, Friday and Sat

Hi all! I was actually on the phone this morning with a CM asking about the Wishes dessert party when she mentioned the EPCOT one! She said it's new to them and they only learned about it four days ago. I was stoked because our dates for the MK party are sold out, and I have been checking every day on a whim of snagging someone's cancellation. Anyway, I wanted to add to the thread that I asked and there is no non-alcoholic rate, ex: non-drinkers or underage. Since I'm sure the hefty cost is due to the alcohol being served, it's a bit much to charge that high of a flat rate when families have children aged 10+ who are underage and won't eat $50 worth of desserts. Hopefully as time goes on, they'll adjust the model and have an additional price tier between children and adults. I'm curious to see if this becomes as popular as the MK version!

SO I called this morning to book it for 9/10/14, but they could only book up to 9/8/14. I will gladly pay for extra for this. NOt having to camp out somewhere ahead of time only to have someone 5 minutes before the show squeeze their way in front of my daughter.

I think it's less than that for adults at MK. The kids dont get the booze - wonder what they do provide.

I was really excited when I first heard this but not so much anymore.

We are going to the MK dessert party in April and it was $70 for two adults and one child- and you get your own table.

The Epcot party will cost us $130 and no seating- really? The MK one seems like a better buy to me- even without liquor- plus I never found it that difficult to find a good spot for the Epcot fireworks.

I was really excited when I first heard this but not so much anymore. We are going to the MK dessert party in April and it was $70 for two adults and one child- and you get your own table. The Epcot party will cost us $130 and no seating- really? The MK one seems like a better buy to me- even without liquor- plus I never found it that difficult to find a good spot for the Epcot fireworks.

We weren't able to book the MK party so figured this was something nice to try once. It's only my wife and so figured it wasn't too bad for a one-time thing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yea if it was just a me and my husband I would consider it possibly but 30 for my 4 year old to have dessert is plain nuts.

Quote:
Italy – Tiramisú
France – Vanilla Pot de Crème
United Kingdom – Shortbread Cookies
Morocco – Traditional Baklava
America – Little Cronis (Croissant Doughnuts)
Disney Parks – Ice Cream Novelties
International Sparkling Wines
The Need To Know…
Price: Adults (10 & up) $ 49.99 – Children (3-9) $ 29.00
Price includes tax and 18% gratuity
Event dates: 2014 Time: 8:00pm – 9:20pm
Event days will be -Wednesday’s, Fridays, and Saturday’s
Starting Saturday, March 15th 2014
7:45pm - Guest arrive to viewing location
7:45 – 9:20pm - Dessert Party begins
9:00pm - IllumiNations: reflections of earth is presented
No Seating
Discounts are not applicable for this special event.
The No Seating is a bummer.

Okay, so out of 11 countries, only 5 are represented. Not a great value.

Standing from 7:45 to 9:20 while trying to hold a drink in one hand, a dessert in the other, and trying to eat? Not a good value at any price. Where are you supposed to set your drink? On the ground? Are you supposed to just put your plate up by your mouth to try to eat while holding said drink in the other hand? It's sure going to be hard to try to use a fork with only 2 hands -- both of which will be holding stuff.

Doesn't seem like this is well thought out on Disney's part. I wouldn't waste $50 to do this. Just the standing alone is enough to keep me away. I can walk the parks all day long, but standing for that period of time, my heels and back would be killing me.

This is way too expensive IMO, especially without seating. I could see doing it if it was just adults and everyone liked to drink a bit.

this one includes booze, so it's not surprising with the markup. Is the kids price marked up that much?

Well, my 11 and 13-year-old won't be having booze and it's still $50 apiece for them--that's just crazy!!!! And there's not even tables to sit and enjoy a relaxing time. And, if the menu is correct, a whopping 6 items to choose from as far as desserts.

This whole idea is just crazy overpriced---even by Disney standards!

So for less than $30, I can have a private table, huge variety of desserts and see Wishes. Or for $50, I can stand somewhere, have a few different treats and watch Illuminations. Doesn't even seem close!

Can't wait to hear the reviews.

This sound very interesting, but like others said, it is a bit too steep in price especially since we will have a 13 and 10 year old with us, and I am not sure if I want to shell out $200 for the 4 of us just to have desserts and watch fireworks. I think I will hold off on this one (we will be there in May) and wait and see what the reviews are going to be like.

I'm always looking for new and different experiences, so I was interested to hear about this. Looking forward to some reviews and pictures once it starts!:goodvibes

Well, my 11 and 13-year-old won't be having booze and it's still $50 apiece for them--that's just crazy!!!! And there's not even tables to sit and enjoy a relaxing time. And, if the menu is correct, a whopping 6 items to choose from as far as desserts. This whole idea is just crazy overpriced---even by Disney standards! So for less than $30, I can have a private table, huge variety of desserts and see Wishes. Or for $50, I can stand somewhere, have a few different treats and watch Illuminations. Doesn't even seem close! Can't wait to hear the reviews.

I'm with you.... For DH and I by ourselves, maybe. But all three kids are over 10 and under legal drinking age. So they won't get alcohol, but still have to pay for it.

Love the idea, but it is priced wrong.

I'm always looking for new and different experiences, so I was interested to hear about this. Looking forward to some reviews and pictures once it starts!:goodvibes

Yes, and a math calculation about how much sparkling wine I have to drink in an hour to reach $50 worth ;) ... but more importantly if I'm allowed to reach $50 worth

I looked on the Disney site's info page for this new IllumiNations Dessert Party and I think that yet again Disney has poorly worded the description. It looks like the Dessert Party will be at the ShowPlace Event building between Canada and the UK. It's where they have held events such as the 3D Dessert Party during F&W. Afterwards there's probably going to be an area set aside separate from the FP+ holders in ShowCase Plaza. I think the "No Seating" refers to the IllumiNations viewing area and that there will be tables and chairs for the Dessert time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party/

Just tried to book for June
The CM indicated no availability left for June - all booked

I looked on the Disney site's info page for this new IllumiNations Dessert Party and I think that yet again Disney has poorly worded the description. It looks like the Dessert Party will be at the ShowPlace Event building between Canada and the UK. It's where they have held events such as the 3D Dessert Party during F&W. Afterwards there's probably going to be an area set aside separate from the FP+ holders in ShowCase Plaza. I think the "No Seating" refers to the IllumiNations viewing area and that there will be tables and chairs for the Dessert time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party/

If that's the case, we'll definitely try this on our next visit. Having to stand the whole time would have made it impossible for us. I'm not able to stand that long. As long as we can sit for the dessert portion, I could bail on the show if I needed to.

I think the "No Seating" refers to the IllumiNations viewing area and that there will be tables and chairs for the Dessert time. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/illuminations-sparkling-dessert-party/

I hope so! I was in until I heard no seating!

I am a little reticent, though... We've done the fireworks dessert party every trip (once or twice a year) since they started it, and IMHO the quality has really deteriorated. Smaller area for the buffet meaning more congestion, reduced selection, and decreased quality (in Feb they added sugar cookies and rice Krispy treats, and some of our favorite "fancier" treats weren't there anymore). Didn't seem worth the price last time.

We're contemplating skipping it next trip. I hope they fix it, and that reviews for this new one are good. Keeping an eye out for Oct...

Standing? Uncovered? For $50 for a few desserts and wine (which I wouldn't drink)??

So pricey, and already some sell - outs?? No way! Can't believe how many are doing it.. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter