IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party - taking reservations for Wed, Friday and Sat

ashleyrm

DIS Veteran
Has no one else posted about this?

From All Ears Weekly Newsletter:

A new experience at Epcot, the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party, will begin accepting reservations on Wednesday, March 12, 2014. The party features the opportunity to sample desserts from around the world paired with international sparkling wines, while enjoying IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks from the vantage point of World Showcase Plaza. The first party will be held 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 15. Parties will subsequently be held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. Prices are $49.99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $29 per child (ages 3-9). The price includes tax and 18 percent gratuity. You can book this event by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

I was literally about to ask where World Showcase Plaza was! I assume this is indoors, but where? Have not been to Epson since 1990.

World Showcase Plaza is the area at the entrance of World Showcase between the two gift shops. It's the area that is now used for FastPass Plus for Illuminations viewing.

I agree that the pricing seems a bit high. I would never pay $50 for a 10 year old to have desserts and watch Illuminations. I hear they are taking reservations by phone this morning.

Isn't Tomorrowland about half that price? Just seems like a crazy price for desserts and fireworks! Especially when you get a FP+ for viewing.

Hi all! I was actually on the phone this morning with a CM asking about the Wishes dessert party when she mentioned the EPCOT one! She said it's new to them and they only learned about it four days ago. I was stoked because our dates for the MK party are sold out, and I have been checking every day on a whim of snagging someone's cancellation. Anyway, I wanted to add to the thread that I asked and there is no non-alcoholic rate, ex: non-drinkers or underage. Since I'm sure the hefty cost is due to the alcohol being served, it's a bit much to charge that high of a flat rate when families have children aged 10+ who are underage and won't eat $50 worth of desserts. Hopefully as time goes on, they'll adjust the model and have an additional price tier between children and adults. I'm curious to see if this becomes as popular as the MK version!

I booked it for our September trip. Second guessing myself - will be interesting to read the reviews as they trickle in.

From a travel agent blog:

Italy – Tiramisú
France – Vanilla Pot de Crème
United Kingdom – Shortbread Cookies
Morocco – Traditional Baklava
America – Little Cronis (Croissant Doughnuts)
Disney Parks – Ice Cream Novelties
International Sparkling Wines
The Need To Know…
Price: Adults (10 & up) $ 49.99 – Children (3-9) $ 29.00
Price includes tax and 18% gratuity
Event dates: 2014 Time: 8:00pm – 9:20pm
Event days will be -Wednesday’s, Fridays, and Saturday’s
Starting Saturday, March 15th 2014
7:45pm - Guest arrive to viewing location
7:45 – 9:20pm - Dessert Party begins
9:00pm - IllumiNations: reflections of earth is presented
No Seating
Discounts are not applicable for this special event.

The No Seating is a bummer.

Snagged a ressie for this for our June trip, but definitely going to be looking for reviews as they trickle in. It is awfully costly and if it's true there's no actual seating for Illuminations, that changes it a little in my mind.

We just booked! Figured it's best to grab a reservation and then check out the reviews since our trip isn't until May. We can cancel if it seems "meh". It's definitely very pricey, but we have NEVER seen a full Illuminations show in the many times we have gone to Disney :scared1: so we thought it would be fun to do it up big for the first time! My husband hasn't seen the price yet, though. He loves Disney as much as me, so I don't think it will be a problem. :thumbsup2

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining to make the reservation. The CM had never heard of it yet but was able to find it in her system after a few minutes of searching. Reservation is all setup for April. Was just happy to see that we had already selected Wednesday as our Epcot day!

Isn't Tomorrowland about half that price? Just seems like a crazy price for desserts and fireworks! Especially when you get a FP+ for viewing.

this one includes booze, so it's not surprising with the markup. Is the kids price marked up that much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter